Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
I appreciate the alternate way to beat the final boss. Fixed a problem I had on another run by having a different way to win, assuming you have the right resources to pull it off.

KungFuKitteh2

Jun 9, 2017
I realize it's probably intentional, but it's always a bit of a buzzkill to constantly get thrown into the same old heart loss / game over scenes when you're trying to see an encounter through to its end. Lana keeps cockblocking me with heart loss right before I cum. :cry:

It also makes it difficult to acquire/keep certain status effects that you might enjoy, since so often you're having to lose / corrupt a bunch of files in the process. Doing partial inputs (so you only deal 1 damage and dont take any yourself) seems like the best way to see a scene through to completion at the moment, but that's really tedious to do.

Maybe god mode could give you a (infinite?) supply of each type of bug, that way you can kind of create your own sandbox using the hacks. Skip to where you want right away, add files as you please, heal whenever needed, etc. As it stands right now, god mode and casual mode each kinda nullify the other. Having auto-inputs makes the lack of timer pointless, and having no timer makes auto-inputs unnecessary since you have infinite time to type it perfectly anyway.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
I appreciate the alternate way to beat the final boss. Fixed a problem I had on another run by having a different way to win, assuming you have the right resources to pull it off.
Oh good, I'm trying to make that route more obvious and give more ways to pull it off now.
I realize it's probably intentional, but it's always a bit of a buzzkill to constantly get thrown into the same old heart loss / game over scenes when you're trying to see an encounter through to its end. Lana keeps cockblocking me with heart loss right before I cum. :cry:

It also makes it difficult to acquire/keep certain status effects that you might enjoy, since so often you're having to lose / corrupt a bunch of files in the process. Doing partial inputs (so you only deal 1 damage and dont take any yourself) seems like the best way to see a scene through to completion at the moment, but that's really tedious to do.

Maybe god mode could give you a (infinite?) supply of each type of bug, that way you can kind of create your own sandbox using the hacks. Skip to where you want right away, add files as you please, heal whenever needed, etc. As it stands right now, god mode and casual mode each kinda nullify the other. Having auto-inputs makes the lack of timer pointless, and having no timer makes auto-inputs unnecessary since you have infinite time to type it perfectly anyway.
Regarding the buzzkill - I'm not sure how I would pull that off in a satisfying way. I would say there are some hacks and hack synergies that can make you nearly invincible that could also help on the "play it as you want" desire.

Yeah, I knew casual and god mode would have no reason to be run together. Giving a ton of bugs for god mode is an interesting idea that I will probably implement. Thanks for giving me more things to think about as well!

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Oh good, I'm trying to make that route more obvious and give more ways to pull it off now.
Not sure how to make it more obvious, at least as of now. It's not terribly hard to get though, as two hacks and a couple of choice paths should stack you up to having more than enough files to pull it off.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: indyc

MK9

Jul 10, 2017
did the hacks change with 2.0 update? I had a whole list written and I get critical error when typing file or stinger

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
did the hacks change with 2.0 update? I had a whole list written and I get critical error when typing file or stinger
Yep, like a new season in an MMO the search for new equipment begins! I roughly doubled the number of hacks you can find as well so have fun acquiring, discussing, and sharing (one at a time hopefully)!

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Yep, like a new season in an MMO the search for new equipment begins! I roughly doubled the number of hacks you can find as well so have fun acquiring, discussing, and sharing (one at a time hopefully)!
I can't imagine how it would work in this particular engine, but that alone sounds like an interesting idea. A longer, mmo style world where defeating or enjoying the normal encounters could give you equipment to change the stage boss fight. A lot of room for creativity there, with the potential for a very flexible boss if you could actually find the scenes to work into it.

WhiteTool

Aug 31, 2021
By the way, the Teleport hack doesn't work. Not sure why, but every time I try it, it tells me CRITICAL ERROR and that I made too many errors in the prompt.

Desdenovum

Mar 13, 2018
Love the new version. Are you planning on implementing a overview of what the players girl-preferences are?
Or give hints what the beaten girls have as tags/characteristics?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I'm really confused by this game. I tried the online version, and it seems like if I type the right thing, then I don't get to see anything lewd (either because glitches obscure the images or the scene just ends). But if I type the wrong thing (such as "strip" or "wait"), then the input field goes away and I have to just refresh the page if I want to continue. What am I missing?

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
I'm really confused by this game. I tried the online version, and it seems like if I type the right thing, then I don't get to see anything lewd, but if I type the wrong thing (such as "strip" or "wait"), then the input field goes away and I have to just refresh the page if I want to continue. What am I missing?
So, I haven't done the online version in a while, but it should work the same as the downloaded one. Typing the correct thing is how you "defeat" the enemy in front of you at the cost of seeing less. The idea is the game is trying to tempt you into losing by getting you to choose not to type the correct text. The strip and wait commands are there to speed up the process or skip clicking the x to not type at all.

There's usually dialogue between each correct and incorrect response, so the input field should disappear and the dialogue should take it's spot. Now, if the online version doesn't have the dialogue immediately, it might be because it's only the version that doesn't allow you to skip the hidden timers. It was a Milovana tease game before it made it's way here with a version to skip those pauses, so you may just need to give it a little time before the next thing pops up. The downloaded one things are almost always instant.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
In the online game, I typed "flare" like 15-20 minutes ago, in the hope that it would make the explosion graphics go away, and this is what I'm still seeing. I guess I'll try the download.
1704821231714.png

The idea is the game is trying to tempt you into losing by getting you to choose not to type the correct text.
I'm not sure I see the point of a sexy game where your "reward" for winning is that you don't get to see sexy things. Is there some way to succeed and still unlock the sexy images, some way to have the best of both worlds? Is there any benefit to winning besides the satisfaction of a job well done?

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
In the online game, I typed "flare" like 15-20 minutes ago, in the hope that it would make the explosion graphics go away, and this is what I'm still seeing. I guess I'll try the download.
View attachment 3247665

I'm not sure I see the point of a sexy game where your "reward" for winning is that you don't get to see sexy things. Is there some way to succeed and still unlock the sexy images, some way to have the best of both worlds? Is there any benefit to winning besides the satisfaction of a job well done?
Looks like it is having some trouble. Not sure if it's a server thing, or something wrong in the code. Indyc will see this and look into it when he has the time, that much I'm sure of.
The flare command in that scene changes the mechanics, so I don't think it's going to do exactly what you're looking for.

I know what you mean. There's plenty of games here that the way to see most, if not all, of the content is to lose. Not a majority by any means, but there's still a lot of them. It's more of how the scenes are written into what the concept/narrative of the game is. In this case, it's risking survival for sex/temptation, so it being given to you for doing well goes against the original concept.

Not that I'm telling you to not play the game (I personally think it's really enjoyable overall), but this style of game just might not be for you. Which is fine, that happens. Losing in this game isn't the end of the world either. It's designed to remember what you enjoyed and typically push those scenes more often, and hacks you learn from clearing levels remain accessible in each run. So it's something of a rogue-like/lite (I never remember which is the correct term, please forgive me enthusiasts of the genre). There's also a casual mode once you clear the first area that removes timers, and once you clear the game, a godmode that made it easier, just forgot what it does right now. Have to beat the game once though to get it. There's also at least one hack that removes the glitches on screen you can use to see what's there while still typing the correct response. Don't remember if you have to input it multiple times or not, as I haven't used it myself. I just lose sometimes to scenes I enjoy.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
The downloaded version seems to be working a little better, but I'm still confused about some things. If I have a glitched image, and want to see the uncensored version (and I don't mind taking a hit), it seems like typing the wrong thing just shows a different image that's uncensored. Is there any way to make sure you see the same one?

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Pretty sure in most instances (I say most as there may be a rare one where this doesn't apply), the next miss is a new picture. The reason for this is the overall scene is progressing, so the picture with it is changing. An example from memory would be something like when she tells you she's about to take her bra off. The current picture is her with it still on in some form, and if it's glitched you may not see it. Whether you get it right or wrong, the next picture will be her having taken the bra off with the only change is if you glitched it or not. There is a hack for it: peek, which requires a spider bug to activate, which will show the current picture without the glitch.

Just an fyi: Unless you have a status effect, you can pretty much safely go through a scene without having to worry about losing a heart. Sure, a lot of file corruption, but not enough to typically lose a full heart in one scene. There are exceptions if you have certain status effects, already have decent file corruption, or I believe there's a trap or two that can get you (not 100% sure on this one). There's also hacks to heal so you have more opportunities to see the scenes without risking a loss. Just takes time to learn the hacks for it, and you need to get the bugs.

Reactions: rb813

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
That's helpful, thanks. I did already get the fourth hack, so I do occasionally splurge on some corruption. What happens when you lose all your hearts?

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
That's helpful, thanks. I did already get the fourth hack, so I do occasionally splurge on some corruption. What happens when you lose all your hearts?
Typically a game over, but I've seen at least one scene that you can get another heart back from. Whether you're ok with that is an entirely different story.

You're put back at the start, but the hacks you learned are viewable in a section on the right between stages, so you can grab the bugs you need and use them immediately. The game remembers which scenes you ran from, lost to, deleted, etc. So it's in theory learning your type over time. It's not 100% accurate, but it works pretty well considering. Limited scene counts is honestly the biggest setback to that, since it needs to go a certain number of stages before the boss and if you eliminate certain types, the area would be empty. But, for example, if you go heavy into tattoos (as that's a tracked stat), it will push scenes that have that flagged more often. This follows through each loop unless you tell it to delete those preferences at the start of a new run.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Why is it letting me just click Perfect on this boss? It doesn't seem to be costing me bugs or anything.
1704824132224.png

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes