Ashhhhhh

Feb 11, 2022
Would any other Hypno/Mind Control enjoyers like to help me map out all the hypno scenes, I can list the ones i've found.
1st levels
The siren uses hypnotic singing in the princess stage
A girl plays hypnotic music in the color world

2nd Levels
Boss of the house stage uses hypnosis

3rd Levels
There are two girls who use hypnosis to make you watch their lesbian action in the stadium
There is a girl who uses her pussy to hypnotize you in the neon nights stage

4th Levels
The spooky house has a girl who uses a magic orb to hypnotize you, and the 3 devils (totally not chainsaw man girls) use their eyes and chests.

5th Level
The only thing I could find was one instance with the butterfly girls, but I haven't been able to recreate it.

Also i believe reaching a certain level of the status makes you periodically receive hypno themed images.

Don't know if I got them all, let me know!

I think you have them all. Atleast i'm not seeing anything that you missed

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
The boss in the library feels a bit overtuned. Long prompts, short timer, and you have to hit the thing on the side (not hitting it resets the prompt anyway).

Some kind of NG+ mode where you start with some resources at the cost of also starting with some status effects would be pretty cool.

I'd also like it if there was a "known commands" list somewhere for all the rest, run, strip and "advanced bugs".

What's the difference between destroy and keep after defeating something? I noticed kept ones can occasionally show up again later in a new encounter.

Would be nice with a run alternative that marks this particular encounter as disliked, without changing other preferences.
Did the library boss feel overtuned after many attempts? For me the difficulty will wildly vary from play to play due to how it currently ramps (want to change it but am still learning the workings). I need to add "known commands" to the hack database, good idea. For NG+ I have a cute idea with that but it is pretty far down on my priority list and moved further when it seems like so few players understand hacks and bugs. For other disliking options, this is low priority considering there aren't enough encounters to make the system work well enough currently. I would also prefer to explain the current options ingame better before adding new ones if necessary.

Would any other Hypno/Mind Control enjoyers like to help me map out all the hypno scenes, I can list the ones i've found.
I think you impressively got them all. The butterfly girl affect puts a random status affect on you which is why it is probably hard to re-create. I really hope that I can eventually make enough hypno content to be proud of and am sad none of the patreon content has expanded on it yet. For some reason it isn't as high priority for that crowd and their requests.
I'm waiting for the update that will include a more casual mode before I jump back into the game and explore different routes, but once that drops I'll do my best to record any instances I run into. I think there are substantial content updates planned too, so there may be more hypno content included with those.
That mode already exists in the patreon version but feel free to wait until it hits f95zone in a few months. While my plans always eclipse my completed work, there is a LOT of new keystroke content already there and I am almost at minimum viable content for a new zone.

Jan 29, 2022
I think you impressively got them all. The butterfly girl affect puts a random status affect on you which is why it is probably hard to re-create. I really hope that I can eventually make enough hypno content to be proud of and am sad none of the patreon content has expanded on it yet. For some reason it isn't as high priority for that crowd and their requests.
Oh well. It is kind of a niche kink... especially when considering it is the player that is hypnotized, and not the sexy ladies. I've always enjoyed those aspects in 18+ games, but honestly its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

blarghs

Sep 27, 2020
Did the library boss feel overtuned after many attempts?
Not sure what you mean by this. I guess multiple attempts help since the pool of sentences to write is not that big? But the thing that did it is that I would often get like 6 seconds to write the answer, and it takes 1-2 seconds to first click the button on the right and then focus on the input again, which leaves very little time to type out the full sentence.

I think a large part of the problem is that I type too fast in the early game so the timers get very short, and then when the sentences get longer (and require punctuation) it become really hard. I'm not really a fan of how that has such a huge impact on the timers and isn't stated in the game, while critical hits have a fairly minor impact and will tell you every time. I was intentionally missing one character on a lot of inputs to dodge the critical hit time increase, which feels like bad game design.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Not sure what you mean by this. I guess multiple attempts help since the pool of sentences to write is not that big? But the thing that did it is that I would often get like 6 seconds to write the answer, and it takes 1-2 seconds to first click the button on the right and then focus on the input again, which leaves very little time to type out the full sentence.

I think a large part of the problem is that I type too fast in the early game so the timers get very short, and then when the sentences get longer (and require punctuation) it become really hard. I'm not really a fan of how that has such a huge impact on the timers and isn't stated in the game, while critical hits have a fairly minor impact and will tell you every time. I was intentionally missing one character on a lot of inputs to dodge the critical hit time increase, which feels like bad game design.
I was asking how many times you faced her to see what the sample size was. Many places in level 4 and 5 can have MASSIVE difficulty spikes that aren't there the next time you face them. (Something I'm working on)

But yes - as is it doesn't just feel like bad game design, it is bad game design because I not only haven't balanced the ramping but I haven't communicated it. I am trying to work on both but it is one of the hardest aspects for me to improve because it was not code I wrote or code I understand. Putting a line of feedback for the delta of time used to submit vs remaining time is also hard to code but I'm not giving up!

Reactions: MystZER0

blarghs

Sep 27, 2020
I was asking how many times you faced her to see what the sample size was.
Oh, then 2 or 3 times, lost every time, decided to not go to library again.

I am trying to work on both but it is one of the hardest aspects for me to improve because it was not code I wrote or code I understand. Putting a line of feedback for the delta of time used to submit vs remaining time is also hard to code but I'm not giving up!
Yeah, I noticed that the code that controls this is compressed onto a single line in the script file, while most everything else is properly formatted.

As another piece of feedback, the hypno encounter with the demon girls is really cool, but it's also really annoying to continue playing if you let them do their thing as you can end up needing to enter two extra inputs for each regular one. Would love more encounters like this but with less severe penalties.

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
I personally agree with this being a problem as a way to increase difficulty as because as soon as I realized that me going for perfects = more damage but also shorter time to type, I immediately stopped going for perfects due to my late game timers being less than 5 seconds which to read the sentences I was being given and type them out (I have a slow reading speed) meant that I was suddenly losing hard and lost with the snap of my fingers. Though I do recognize that progressing a stage does seem to decrease the timers too.

When I restarted and game'ed the system I found everything much easier but also found that not getting a perfect one or a few times resulted in not enough damage to avoid the turn timer in the background going to 0 and instantly losing.

As a result I would suggest indyc (as your still balancing) maybe having the first round/stage set the timer for future rounds by massively changing the timer while any later ones only changed it a tiny amount so if some stages are just too hard then they are adjustable (if really want the difficulty to adjust further). Though I am presuming that's possible to do. Another way is also asking the player to do a speed typing test (I did human benchmark's and typeracer's test for typing and got 48-58 wpm) and use that to adjust the timers to make it difficult but not impossible where needed..

Last edited:

Sharko666

Jan 14, 2020
I want to ask indyc some questions:

1- If I Lost (cum) during and encounter what button I have to Press to comunicate my Lost to the game? Or I must Simply refresh the Page?

2- I've obtaibed the "frag" hack, what It do exactly?

3 during the encounter, sometimes the girl says that can I insert some words (like the "rub" in Jasmine encounter). These are hacks too? Or Is Words that works only in that encounter?

4- can you explain what the resources does ? (Spider, Worms etc)

5- can you make a list of all hacks with the effects? It would be useful to know what an hack does

6- After I cum the game Is intended ti continue from the last girl or from the beginning?

Thanks Sorry for all the questions

Last edited:

Ashhhhhh

Feb 11, 2022

1- If I Lost (cum) during and encounter what button I have to Press to comunicate my Lost to the game? Or I must Simply refresh the Page?

3 during the encounter, sometimes the girl says that can I insert some words (like the "rub" in Jasmine encounter). These are hacks too? Or Is Words that works only in that encounter?

5- can you make a list of all hacks with the effects? It would be useful to know what an hack does

6- After I cum the game Is intended ti continue from the last girl or from the beginning?

I can also mostly answer your question

1. You exit fullscreen and then a window pops up with ''try again''
2. Hacks can be found in the intermissions on the right side
3. Those words are ways to ''lose'' the game faster. It's like a temptation event. For example you could use ''Strip'' on every girl you come across but i doubt you will win that way.
4. Different resources will do different things. you need the spiders, worms etc to execute hacks (see point 2). If you go to the menu you see different hacks with different animals and different amount of animals on them. This is the cost of the hack.
5. I think there are like 36 hacks total in the game. I think they are meant to be tough to get, although i have 18 and stopped playing after that due to the heavy grind. I think it also encouraged to look up these different hacks on the forums. I thought I read that somewhere. If you want i can share my list here.
6. Honestly i forgor, but whatever it sends you to its the intended way i think. Keep in mind you have files and those are your lives. If all of them get corrupted you lose.

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
For the last question, it doesn't start you over completely unless you're on the first level. If, for example, you're on the third level and cum, you'll restart on the third level. Don't have it figured out completely, but it does seem to hold some level of progress as I've gone back to certain levels and completed them in a super short timeframe, like the track level, but I could be remembering that wrong or from an older update.

Ashhhhhh

Feb 11, 2022
For the last question, it doesn't start you over completely unless you're on the first level. If, for example, you're on the third level and cum, you'll restart on the third level. Don't have it figured out completely, but it does seem to hold some level of progress as I've gone back to certain levels and completed them in a super short timeframe, like the track level, but I could be remembering that wrong or from an older update.
Also depends on how many lives you got left. Files and lives

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
I personally agree with this being a problem as a way to increase difficulty as because as soon as I realized that me going for perfects = more damage but also shorter time to type, I immediately stopped going for perfects due to my late game timers being less than 5 seconds which to read the sentences I was being given and type them out (I have a slow reading speed) meant that I was suddenly losing hard and lost with the snap of my fingers. Though I do recognize that progressing a stage does seem to decrease the timers too.

When I restarted and game'ed the system I found everything much easier but also found that not getting a perfect one or a few times resulted in not enough damage to avoid the turn timer in the background going to 0 and instantly losing.

As a result I would suggest indyc (as your still balancing) maybe having the first round/stage set the timer for future rounds by massively changing the timer while any later ones only changed it a tiny amount so if some stages are just too hard then they are adjustable (if really want the difficulty to adjust further). Though I am presuming that's possible to do. Another way is also asking the player to do a speed typing test (I did human benchmark's and typeracer's test for typing and got 48-58 wpm) and use that to adjust the timers to make it difficult but not impossible where needed..
When you mention the turn timer going to zero you mean the girl ending an encounter without anyone dying?

I don't think I'm ready to put in a difficulty calibration because of how easy that would be to cheese and how it is another step before you get into the "fun". I'm really hoping to greatly improve both the balancing and the feedback before I take other steps. That being said, thanks so much for providing your perspective and experience! Things like this always help me to re-prioritize what needs the most work among the sea of things.

Hello, sorry I was traveling.
1.) If I understand the question well enough and you "finish" in real life you can honestly do whatever you think is best. I would personally default to closing it down then and then later returning to that autosave.
2.) The frag hack used to have more uses but I am slowly bringing uses back. Whenever you face a girl that corrupts you as damage over time it will freeze that loss. It was also adjusted to stop the scorpion venom damage over time but I don't know if that happened before or after the current F95zone version.
3.) I guess they aren't technically hacks and don't consume resources. Some of them will be usable on other girls and was supposed to cause experimentation.
4.) The bugs are primarily used for the hacks as a few other posters mentioned. In general the ladybug hacks are defensive, the worms break rules, the bees are offensive, and the spiders have "evil" effects that sometimes hurt you as well.
5.) I can share some hacks but I don't think I want anyone sharing every hack they have at once. While they are meant to be shared, having them all at once would take a bit of the fun out of it. Any particular effect you want to see?
6.) If this is cum in real life see my answer 1.) If this is in game then nothing else is needed, the game takes you where you are supposed to go after it if you still have enough files left.

Don't be sorry at all, keep the questions coming if you need to!

Last edited:

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
When you mention the turn timer going to zero you mean the girl ending an encounter without anyone dying?

I don't think I'm ready to put in a difficulty calibration because of how easy that would be to cheese and how it is another step before you get into the "fun". I'm really hoping to greatly improve both the balancing and the feedback before I take other steps. That being said, thanks so much for providing your perspective and experience! Things like this always help me to re-prioritize what needs the most work among the sea of things.
I mean that I run out pictures or encounter time and the girl says as much example: "I wish you could have stayed longer but now our time is up"

With your concern about how easy it a difficulty calibration is to cheese, I've already said I am doing so in the little way I can by avoiding perfects so I don't have tiny amounts of reaction time.
Having the difficulty calibration does mean others can purposefully set their WPM to below ten and gain minutes worth of time but that's their choice as players to abuse the good faith of the mechanic in doing so. What it allows though is for people with an WPM lower than mine to be able to play the game rather than fail over and over before quitting as they just can't type fast enough.

Giving players more tools/options does allow for more cheating/loopholes only if they realize it and want to abuse them which ruins the experience for only themselves if the game isn't multiplayer.

Reactions: Jarnut

blarghs

Sep 27, 2020
1st levels
The siren uses hypnotic singing in the princess stage
A girl plays hypnotic music in the color world

2nd Levels
Boss of the house stage uses hypnosis

3rd Levels
There are two girls who use hypnosis to make you watch their lesbian action in the stadium
There is a girl who uses her pussy to hypnotize you in the neon nights stage

4th Levels
The spooky house has a girl who uses a magic orb to hypnotize you, and the 3 devils (totally not chainsaw man girls) use their eyes and chests.

5th Level
The only thing I could find was one instance with the butterfly girls, but I haven't been able to recreate it.

Also i believe reaching a certain level of the status makes you periodically receive hypno themed images.

Don't know if I got them all, let me know!
In princess stage if you get the Jasmine boss, you can select 'cartoon' and then "keep her like this" and get a small sequence where Jafar hypnotizes her.

I also found a useful hack: "explore" which gives you a new hack for 4 caterpillars. Doesn't seem to be able to give every hack, but it's a good way to start your collection.

Desdenovum

Mar 13, 2018
Is there any way to check what your preferences are?
The only time I had something telling me that anything had increased was during the "cop" encounter. There it said something like: "Your preference for Asians has increased" or smth similar.
With each playthrough (and keep/delete/lose to girls) I would have imagined my preferences would start to show more and more, as in girls aligned with the corresponding tags showing up. Nonetheless I feel like its the same randomness every playthrough.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Is there any way to check what your preferences are?
The only time I had something telling me that anything had increased was during the "cop" encounter. There it said something like: "Your preference for Asians has increased" or smth similar.
With each playthrough (and keep/delete/lose to girls) I would have imagined my preferences would start to show more and more, as in girls aligned with the corresponding tags showing up. Nonetheless I feel like its the same randomness every playthrough.
There is a hack that shows all the details but honestly the preferences don't do enough yet to worry about. Though there are over 100 encounters, if each zone has around only 8 or so to choose from, chances of it showing you more than one girl to fit your preferences are low and the subsequent ones will be somewhat random. I have been working to add more bosses and this should be the area it feels the most defined. (Though more encounters in general will definitely help)

I also am trying to figure out the best way to give more player feedback when the values change in a meaningful way and haven't figured out that one yet. Trying to get the timer difficulty and content are higher priorities right now.

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
indyc A way you could have more player feedback to when stuff changes could be simply via having internal thoughts popup and maybe be able to check the increased or decreased chances of stuff to appear in levels prior to selecting that level maybe?

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
indyc A way you could have more player feedback to when stuff changes could be simply via having internal thoughts popup and maybe be able to check the increased or decreased chances of stuff to appear in levels prior to selecting that level maybe?
It's complicated - The system, the EOS limitations, and the real-estate/player attention I need to focus the most important things on. The good news is that I certainly want to do something on this end and am exploring but the best route will be.

I really really really wish there was a gallery mode
There kind of is in the image folder if you don't mind the disorganization. Everyone's definition of a gallery is a little bit different so I'm curious exactly what kind of experience you are looking for in game? In each version I am making it easier to get into the fights you want to get into faster so hopefully that can work as a substitute.

TeckXChaos

Feb 15, 2018
Yeah, replaying the encounters is the best solution imo. No offense meant, but without the writing and context, we're just browsing through some generic porn images, so sifting through the image folder doesn't sound like much fun.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes