VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
inkalicious you have got me curious. Why does this game use an incest patch? I thought it would be because you might have a patreon but there isn't one linked on dev. So am curious as to why there is a patch when it could just be written with that content without the need for a patch.

nvm found the patreon link on the patch webpage thingy (you might want to link it under developer on the thread)

Brazzoth

Nov 2, 2018
inkalicious What's the 3D program you're using for those character, I've seen it a lot in different games but I don't remember the name and can't find it anymore, thanks
The game is awesome btw

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
inkalicious you have got me curious. Why does this game use an incest patch? I thought it would be because you might have a patreon but there isn't one linked on dev. So am curious as to why there is a patch when it could just be written with that content without the need for a patch.

nvm found the patreon link on the patch webpage thingy (you might want to link it under developer on the thread)
I'm afraid the Patreon account isn't open to new patrons. Best to consider it dead, but still stumbling on for previous patrons. I don't gather any funds anymore.

As for the incest patch, I was always interested in having my cake and eating it. Preferably a VN where you could choose their relationships and avoid incest if you're not into that. Of course Patreon did influence how we ended up where we are, but it's an OK compromise.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobdillan

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
inkalicious What's the 3D program you're using for those character, I've seen it a lot in different games but I don't remember the name and can't find it anymore, thanks
The game is awesome btw
I'm using Honey Select, with everything built in Studio Neo using too many mods to mention.

If you're going to look into using this, I'd also suggest looking at the new Illusion product: AI Girl (AI-Syoujyo).
At the moment it doesn't have as many mods as Honey Select, but it looks to have far superior visuals and I'm waiting with interest to see some VNs produced with that.

Saiaxs

Oct 12, 2018
the incest patch doesn't work entirely, the sister still refers to the mother most of the time by her first name as if they're not related

unless that's intentional and she's being a jerk teenager

edit: got a little further and she refers to the mom correctly in certain situations, the nuance of the writing seems to have escaped me at first

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Seeing as some pretty big things have a chance to happen, are you planning to completely separate routes from this point on? Or are you going to try to keep things on the same chain of events?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really can't answer this without spoiling everything, so I'll probably return to it once it's more obvious what the repercussions are.

I can say that the issue will always be diverging storylines vs time/effort. So I have to balance what's reasonable to produce vs expectations of the audience.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So after this update, I'm concerned about Sam and the MC I know they enjoy all this fooling around that they are doing but damn they sure have had some close calls but don't get me wrong I think that's great for the story it keeps us all in suspense at what will happen next, another great update where just about anything can happen.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
great update..here's hoping new girl is boinkable..that'll be a wild ride....literally :D younger ginger seems to get horny AF when dangers is feet away...she's a wild thang...she's the crazy ya put yer dick in..as usual the writing was awesome...but it always ends way too soon.

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes