VN Ren'Py Completed King of the Beach Renpy conversion [v1.1] [SecretSal]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
The guy that did The Follower, also did quite well. I wondered how he managed to pull that one off.

Again..hats of to your effort.
Oh sweet, Follower has a Renpy conversion? Didn't even know, thanks for the heads-up.

lucas69

Nov 18, 2016
All the good words from me for the effort man, it's about time someone did a normal version of this game, I could barely run the original. So thx a lot for that!
Now that being said, what's up with the tiny font? I read enough small letters at work man..

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
All the good words from me for the effort man, it's about time someone did a normal version of this game, I could barely run the original. So thx a lot for that!
Now that being said, what's up with the tiny font? I read enough small letters at work man..
Hahaa! Thanks, my man. Sorry about the font - came about because of a combination of my dislike for chunky fonts as body copy, and the fact that I work on a big screen.

Copy this file into your 'game' subfolder and replace the existing gui.rpy to shift back to the DejaVuSans default font with a bigger text size.

Reactions: lucas69

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
Hi. I had to thank you the guy who made this conversion.
This is the first game I made, years ago.. and I had no idea how to build a game. But I had a lot of fun doing it.
As soon as I have some free time, I'll try to play it.
Yeah Unity sucks. I use renpy too now...
and I don't get what "chad" means

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Much appreciated.
I liked the situations and encounters you came up with for this one, and if I remember correctly, you were also putting out updates way faster than anyone else at the time.
If I have to be honest, this is probably still one of my favourite of your games because of the simplicity and clarity of purpose.

and I don't get what "chad" means
Haha that's just a meme about the stereotypical jock who goes around getting all the girls.

Reactions: HoneyGames

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018
Much appreciated.
I liked the situations and encounters you came up with for this one, and if I remember correctly, you were also putting out updates way faster than anyone else at the time.
If I have to be honest, this is probably still one of my favourite of your games because of the simplicity and clarity of purpose.

Haha that's just a meme about the stereotypical jock who goes around getting all the girls.
Yeah It was my first game so I made it "simply"... then I started mess up everything and move in "freeworld/grindy/sandbox" universe...
In the last game I'm making, my first on renpy, I'm coming back to visual novel, but is way to complex with a lot of storylines and paths.

In King of the beach there were basically 1 path

edzhabs

Nov 8, 2018
It is so hard without the walkthrough. The original walkthrough on unity version doesnt help at all. Anyone have a walkthrough foe this version?
Thanks esp with threesome astrid

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Hi everyone can someone tell me how to save in this game??? I just can t do it
Same as any regular Renpy game. Bring up the menu (Right click should do it) and pick one of the available slots to save there.

Last edited:

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
I'm glad there was a port of this (would be nice if it was linked on the first post of the original) ... I dig honeygame's stuff so have been going back through some of the old ones that have ports... text was absurdly small, but other than that it was a good time ... I feel like I must have missed out though as there was rumours of a threesome with astrid, but I'll live.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
I feel like I must have missed out though as there was rumours of a threesome with astrid, but I'll live.
There's a threesome with Astrid and Louelle at the end if your relationship points with both are high enough (and you haven't screwed up with some other choices). For some reason, there was a screwup with some of the variables on the last day, so the check failed. Small fix in this post.

Reactions: longjohngold

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
There's a threesome with Astrid and Louelle at the end if your relationship points with both are high enough (and you haven't screwed up with some other choices). For some reason, there was a screwup with some of the variables on the last day, so the check failed. Small fix in this post.
Ah that did it thanks.

Reactions: SecretSal

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
So I updated the OP with a version that has fixed variables so that the threesome can get triggered, bigger text and some other cleanups here and there. Should make for a better experience for someone who hasn't yet played it. Probably not worth a replay for someone who already has (unless it was a while ago).

Can't make an Android version, though. Renpy asks me to download JDK so I can make Android builds, and after downloading both x86 and x64 versions, it still doesn't recognise that I have it installed. Anyone who has previously got it to work is free to take at a crack at converting the game, obviously.

Reactions: Ioannis Peppas
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote