censuur

Oct 15, 2017
VN with or without combat -> use Ren'Py
VN with combat? Renpy combat at that? Are you confusing this for a "design the worst game concept" competition or what? Thing is Renpy "with gameplay" always ends up being a shitty early 90s adventure game with only the dialogue and terrible fighting systems those games had and none of the actual exploration and puzzling, and let me tell you no one in their right mind likes the fighting systems in old 90s adventure games.

Renpy combat tends to be all the worst elements of turn-based combat and none of the interesting out-of-combat min-maxing that is actually the meat of games with good turn based combat (combat generally only really the platform to showcase/flaunt a build in turn-based games imo)

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Thank you, although, I have been trying using a new version of the game, and it seems to be working just fine. However, as I enabled the console commands, I couldn't access to the menu again. I have noticed that, once enabling the console, every time I start the app it does go automatically to start a new game, loading the introduction without me pressing any buttons.
Is there anyone that could suggest one enabling the console without think to happen?
That's very strange. What method did you use to enable the console? Try reinstalling the game and using unren.

Develing

Jul 16, 2017
So GMT -4/-10. if we imagine that this guy lives somewhere in Los-Angeles and add there hreinn preference to make everything in last moment that would mean that we have to wait something like 10 hours.great.

Feb 27, 2017
VN with combat? Renpy combat at that? Are you confusing this for a "design the worst game concept" competition or what? Thing is Renpy "with gameplay" always ends up being a shitty early 90s adventure game with only the dialogue and terrible fighting systems those games had and none of the actual exploration and puzzling, and let me tell you no one in their right mind likes the fighting systems in old 90s adventure games.

Renpy combat tends to be all the worst elements of turn-based combat and none of the interesting out-of-combat min-maxing that is actually the meat of games with good turn based combat (combat generally only really the platform to showcase/flaunt a build in turn-based games imo)
I'd rather have turn based combat in Renpy than RPGM, it's essentially the exact same except I can make it 10x faster with skip animation and fast foward text or speed it up with cheat engine which unlike in RPGM wont crash Renpy

Also min/max inventory is also an option for any dev that wants to implement it in Renpy, even KoD has it just not very in depth

Wasnt Malise and the machine RPGM? it was quite a good game before they decide to abuse it
but would it of been better in Renpy or RPGM

FatDragonite

Feb 13, 2019
Sooooo guys how soon can I expect an android port for the next update? ............AND NO THIS IS NOT A RHETORICAL QUESTION

lavos1999

Dec 30, 2017
Eh personally I am not really fond of playing game in small pieces so I generally wait for significant points to catch up if not outright waiting for the game to be completed before playing(It is why I haven't touched TLS yet for example). Thus I reckon I am not playing through this one again for a few years, though since this isn't all that much I keep up with thread and with people kind enough to make it easy I do check the new scenes from the rare updates.

I'd rather have turn based combat in Renpy than RPGM, it's essentially the exact same except I can make it 10x faster with skip animation and fast foward text or speed it up with cheat engine which unlike in RPGM wont crash Renpy
A decent coded RPGM game has no issues when using the cheat engine speedhack, used it for playing MGQP especially Labyrinth for example. It is kinda like the rollback feature Renpy has that often causes problems because devs are shitty.

Anmitsu

Jul 28, 2017
Yea... US time release as always what means late night or morning in the EU.
Fuck this shit, I'm going to sleep.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
You do realize that properly coded RPGM games offer choice to completely remove battle animations (so there is no need to speed them up), choice between instant text and scroll, whether to dash or walk, etc. making need to speed it up with cheat engine unnecessary.

Also min/max inventory is also an option for any dev that wants to implement it in Renpy, even KoD has it just not very in depth
Oh yes, it is an option... just not a very good one. Especially not when compared to RPGM. And same goes for character stats, leveling up, setting up shops, having multiple different enemies, etc.

If you want a game that involve combat then Ren'py is probably one of the worst option out there... only thing I can think of that would be worse is making it in HTML.

lavos1999

Dec 30, 2017
You do realize that properly coded RPGM games offer choice to completely remove battle animations (so there is no need to speed them up), choice between instant text and scroll, whether to dash or walk, etc. making need to speed it up with cheat engine unnecessary.
Oh right there are those horrible games by shitty devs too, I just flat out dismiss games that don't have those options(dash is the absolute minimum acceptable) so I wasn't thinking of those but speeding things further from those.

idiaweskara

Feb 27, 2018
I don't know about you guys but I want more barbaric SHIT more armours and weapons more fights more fucking and female antagonists to defeat and put to work in the tents XD just feel like they should hurry this camp arc up to get to the rest of the world it's obvious that it's gonna wrap up with sabia and her chosen captain leading the camp or just her no need to take 2 years of development on one arc
Man, I agree and I would like to see this happen.
I like the combat system, the medieval environment, Dom female protag and full plate characters
minotaur enemies and church crusaders could appear and become decent bosses

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Oh right there are those horrible games by shitty devs too, I just flat out dismiss games that don't have those options(dash is the absolute minimum acceptable) so I wasn't thinking of those but speeding things further from those.
For me it's dash and sound control... you don't have those, forget about it.

Sevatar88

Oct 8, 2017
Y'know, reading this thread reminds me of why so many people don't finish or even start on their creative endeavors. Yes, they've dropped the ball, yes, they've underperformed - but my god. But the sheer negativity and bile some of you are spewing is absurd.
Welcome to the Internet. It's par for the course.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes