BleepRose

Aug 12, 2017
It'll be fun to see if they do the we needed to work on assets to speed things along in the future for the third or fourth time.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Just imagine, at this point it's been almost a year since the last public release.
Um, I hate to break it to you, but by most standard definitions it's not been almost a year. The last public release was the end of last September. So, it's been about 4.5 months, less than half a year but also not faster than previous updates as they promised.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I went with what I read in the blog.
Their blog is almost worthless since it doesn't get anywhere near enough TLC by the team for a project like this. Add to the fact that they absolutely refuse to interact with anyone on there doesn't help. Heck, as you can see they didn't even bother to update it since April of last year giving a real sense of abandonment to anyone visiting instead of a feeling that the project is being "actively" worked on.

Honestly, they should either self-delete the blog altogether, or start putting up progress updates and chat with folks in between releases instead of only on Patreon. The few posts by Nomo on F95 from way back in April was immensely more informative than anything found on their official blog regarding the team's status. Yet, that too, has evanesced away. Radio silence is always worrisome; how can it not? At least, as I mentioned, they do put up a few posts on their Patreon.

Meant no criticism against Wardatu. *Fistbump* :]

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Blog was probably made and ran by Sierra Lee back when she was part of Hreinn Games (she also uses blogspot for her game "The Last Sovereign"), if you go back to the really old posts you will see the dev responding to comments. She probably gave ownership of the blog to Nomo after she left but I guess Nomo didn't bother using it much or passing it on to anyone from the new team.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
MY guess:
For whatever it matters i do believe that they want to make the release before the end of february, but they usually write an announcement 10-14 days before the actual release to talk about final closed tests or finishing touches, release date. Unless this last post was that without the usual comments (happened with 0.6 i think), then yeah, we are probably still waiting for an update post and then some extra days for the release.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
It is what it is. I genuinely want the team to succeed (especially after the setback of losing Sierra and from the original direction of the game), but the new team by now should have their own vision for the game and the means to carry it out. I think the fans and supporters have been more than fair to allow for a learning curve and let them to get into a good groove. I understand that there can be unexpected delays, but we all hoped for faster updates as promised. I sometimes fear that the delays are becoming the status quo despite lengthy development time between updates. (Yes, I understand the game is complex; and, that it is a fine game, but still... y'know?)

I play perhaps every other update so I'm patient; as many other are. Perhaps it's hypocritical to say, but there are reasons why many of us aren't their patrons currently. Anyway, on a sidenote, I wish games like this that have additional stories or other lore would incorporate them in the game. Perhaps as an unlockable bonus, or discovered via books and storytellers within the game, or even as simple as an accessible area on the main menu (i.e., "Extras - Lore"). Why go through the effort in creating that stuff if it won't show up in the game, right?

Hourglass

Feb 26, 2018
Does anyone have the Art Packs #5 and #6 and the Variant Packs #5 and #6?
I know I can use UnRen, but I would like to have the HQ CGs to try and make some edits.

pinkscott

Sep 2, 2017
It is what it is. I genuinely want the team to succeed (especially after the setback of losing Sierra and from the original direction of the game), but the new team by now should have their own vision for the game and the means to carry it out. I think the fans and supporters have been more than fair to allow for a learning curve and let them to get into a good groove. I understand that there can be unexpected delays, but we all hoped for faster updates as promised. I sometimes fear that the delays are becoming the status quo despite lengthy development time between updates. (Yes, I understand the game is complex; and, that it is a fine game, but still... y'know?)

I play perhaps every other update so I'm patient; as many other are. Perhaps it's hypocritical to say, but there are reasons why many of us aren't their patrons currently. Anyway, on a sidenote, I wish games like this that have additional stories or other lore would incorporate them in the game. Perhaps as an unlockable bonus, or discovered via books and storytellers within the game, or even as simple as an accessible area on the main menu (i.e., "Extras - Lore"). Why go through the effort in creating that stuff if it won't show up in the game, right?
The delays have become status quo for much longer than it was for them to be on time. What I look forward to each update is to see their new explanation for slow updates and promises of expediency in the future.

Alli72

Mar 2, 2019
can you form an alliance with all three factions? and what are the ramifications of doing so?

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
can you form an alliance with all three factions? and what are the ramifications of doing so?
The three orc commanders? Well, you can promise to help all three of them and unlock all of their early gifts, but in the trial at least one of them will not be happy about your decisions and in the next part of the game you will have to pick one of them or go solo.

There isn't too much negative consequence, the commander you choose in the end will like you a little bit less for trying to trick him, but that's about it. And you can side with the neutral one (Dajrab) and one of the other two at the start without even this "drawback", so you have several options.

Reactions: Alli72
3.90 star(s) 76 Votes