pulicabobu

Jul 16, 2017
So I played this game and enjoyed it so far. But I went with the "do your own feast option". Is there any advantage in that currently? From reading over the walkthrough I'm only seeing negatives. One less raiding party and I'm missing out on scenes while gaining none. Did I get that right?
The way i see it you gain bragging rights of being a dominant Sabia.So...roleplaying?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HSHS1111

Viressa

May 24, 2018
So I played this game and enjoyed it so far. But I went with the "do your own feast option". Is there any advantage in that currently? From reading over the walkthrough I'm only seeing negatives. One less raiding party and I'm missing out on scenes while gaining none. Did I get that right?
The intent was that the feast you choose "locks in" the route of who you want to ultimately gain control of the orc camp: Choosing to do one of the three captains means you support them, where doing your own feast means you intend to pursue taking control yourself. The planned future storyline has changed a lot since then though and I don't think the choice of Sabia's feast will actually do anything in the future.

Jan 18, 2018
Is anyone here a member of their discord? I'm wondering if the devs have acknowledged that, and perhaps actually explained why, their development process is so dysfunctional. Reading the patreon posts you just see the vague excuses and unfulfilled promises to be faster next time. Bit of a long shot I suppose, but it would be nice to see some actual candid impressions from their end.

Reactions: Anita Deek and Back

glocked

Sep 9, 2017
It's been four months since the last update. I think they're going to average one update every five months? That's way too long.
Still there patreon page growing tight, i think i can remember them having 1500$ in october last year, it grow to like 4500. Basically either 1 update changed the game or wtf something else happened to get 300% increase.

loldobngs69

Jul 23, 2017
Still there patreon page growing tight, i think i can remember them having 1500$ in october last year, it grow to like 4500. Basically either 1 update changed the game or wtf something else happened to get 300% increase.
Untitled.png

October 2019 was actually one of their peaks, the number of patreons have remained oscillating around very roughly the same amount since late-mid 2017 however their earnings are on a fairly clear downward trend since early-mid 2018. It isn't the "OMG DEAD GAME" numbers that some people are claiming but I think enough of their patreons are at least fed up enough with the delays to reduce the amounts they donate between updates.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
The intent was that the feast you choose "locks in" the route of who you want to ultimately gain control of the orc camp: Choosing to do one of the three captains means you support them, where doing your own feast means you intend to pursue taking control yourself. The planned future storyline has changed a lot since then though and I don't think the choice of Sabia's feast will actually do anything in the future.
Ah I see. Well I don't think I'm invested enough to do another playthrough on another route but I'll keep an eye out for future updates. Although with the recent talk here in the thread it doesn't sound too good. Anyway thanks for the answer.

Dragon139

Apr 17, 2018
Ah I see. Well I don't think I'm invested enough to do another playthrough on another route but I'll keep an eye out for future updates. Although with the recent talk here in the thread it doesn't sound too good. Anyway thanks for the answer.
If you get the JDMOD you can unlock all the scenes without having to do another playthrough.

Fetis

May 28, 2017
The problem with games with multiple paths like this is that updates require so much more work if you're trying to update all of the paths at once. Multiple branching paths are always tough to do in any format and the more branches you create, the more work there is to do. So many games like this end up dead in the water because the devs eventually get overwhelmed and give up. I think this game is WAY too ambitious to ever actually be finished, especially with the direction they're taking the story in currently. Do hope I'm wrong, as I like these devs, but I can't support them financially because I can see the downtime between updates

Reactions: Xegrid

pinkscott

Sep 2, 2017
The problem with games with multiple paths like this is that updates require so much more work if you're trying to update all of the paths at once. Multiple branching paths are always tough to do in any format and the more branches you create, the more work there is to do. So many games like this end up dead in the water because the devs eventually get overwhelmed and give up. I think this game is WAY too ambitious to ever actually be finished, especially with the direction they're taking the story in currently. Do hope I'm wrong, as I like these devs, but I can't support them financially because I can see the downtime between updates
They aren't even doing much with the branching paths either.

wrzesiu

Jul 10, 2017
Anyone could help me with this? There is no such images inside any of bonus/etc folders and honestly idk what I do wrong

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'>:
File "game/JDMOD/Menus_Override.rpy", line 186, in script
call screen JDMOD_gallery
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Anyone could help me with this? There is no such images inside any of bonus/etc folders and honestly idk what I do wrong

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'>:
File "game/JDMOD/Menus_Override.rpy", line 186, in script
call screen JDMOD_gallery
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'JDMOD/scenes/thumbnails/B8vehlis_captured thumb.jpg'.
I recommend reading the first post of the mod thread, that explains why there are no images in it and what you need to do.

Osselius

Nov 21, 2019
I'm completely stuck now. The map point is flashing at Kira's bandit camp, but there's nothing there. Kentark is at 90%, there's nothing to do in the villages, nothing to do in the Orc camp etc. Did I broke something? Been stuck for hours on end on this. Delivered the beer to the Orc village etc.

Hourglass

Feb 26, 2018
I'm completely stuck now. The map point is flashing at Kira's bandit camp, but there's nothing there. Kentark is at 90%, there's nothing to do in the villages, nothing to do in the Orc camp etc. Did I broke something? Been stuck for hours on end on this. Delivered the beer to the Orc village etc.
If you did the quest with Avian (minotaur), tried drinking in the tavern and, if you apologized to Ornshakar, did the ritual then thats all for the current content. Kira's bandit camp is just a marker, doesnt necessarily mean there is a quest.

Osselius

Nov 21, 2019
If you did the quest with Avian (minotaur), tried drinking in the tavern and, if you apologized to Ornshakar, did the ritual then thats all for the current content. Kira's bandit camp is just a marker, doesnt necessarily mean there is a quest.
I thank thee for the infinite wisdom. Gotta Patreon this one out too then.

Rule97

May 2, 2018
I'm gonna take a guess and assume this was already asked, does anyone knows of a probable release date? I couldn't find the discord server and by the looks of it the alst update to their patreon was on the middle of January

Exodusas

Nov 18, 2016
I'm gonna take a guess and assume this was already asked, does anyone knows of a probable release date? I couldn't find the discord server and by the looks of it the alst update to their patreon was on the middle of January
their patreon:
"We are expecting to release version .10 in February once everything is in place and tested."

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes