Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
There has not been a single mention of a release date on discord for a month now, so you dont have to worry about missing info non patrons.
Thanks for the info.
Just as a speculation that would probably mean the usual end of month as a release date then, unless something else comes up. Not how i would have used the term "bleed into next month", but that's just me. So one more week at least.

Either way, it's better to know this much, so thanks again.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Well, there are still a few days and more importantly a weekend left of May, and my original guess i made at the start of march was "end of may, early june", but i don't really like to be this right.

I think the most annoying element is the uncertainty. A release in the first half of April looked nice, a bit too good to be true by the trends, but not bad. Then it "bled into may" and now there are only 5 more days of that too. In the end we are working with a launch window of 1.5 months and that is just impossible to prepare to if someone was to, i don't know, wait and anticipate the patch like a fan.

I'm glad they started to make at least 1 post at the end of each month, but once we are close to the release a bit more frequent info would make the waiting way more bearable.

Snowmanly

Dec 24, 2018
I think you guys misunderstood the phrase "Bleed into". Perhaps they meant that the content would have to go into the next update. Which is as you guys said, the end of the month. I am not a follower of the devs, and their bad pr definitely is a factor, but perhaps we should just wait and see. Give them the benefit of the doubt after they canceled the pay from their patreon. It's a step in the right direction, let them do their job, and criticize accordingly.

Reactions: Jinsoyun

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I think you guys misunderstood the phrase "Bleed into". Perhaps they meant that the content would have to go into the next update. Which is as you guys said, the end of the month. I am not a follower of the devs, and their bad pr definitely is a factor, but perhaps we should just wait and see. Give them the benefit of the doubt after they canceled the pay from their patreon. It's a step in the right direction, let them do their job, and criticize accordingly.
Well, the common understanding of the phrase "the update will bleed into may" is that the update will be delayed shortly into May (I'd call that 1-2 weeks at most).

Yeah, we do need to wait and see, that I agree with. But we need to wait and see if they improve in the long term. Canceling a single month of patreon support is a decent start, but personally I'd want to see 4-5 updates and / or a year where they manage to improve update content or release times and have improved communication (the monthly posts are also a massive improvement here, though I'd personally want more). Doing better for 1-2 updates is good, but they've burned a hell of a lot of trust over the years of KoD's development.

I say this as a former supporter from back in the NN days.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
We need to wait and see if they improve in the long term. They've burned a hell of a lot of trust over the years of KoD's development.
That's certainly true.
I won't even consider returning as a patron until then.

danglinhson

Oct 12, 2016
I encountered this problem...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Hentai_Scenes.rpy", line 7731, in <module>
NameError: name 'Sabia' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Hentai_Scenes.rpyc", line 7731, in script
File "E:\Downloads\Kingdom of Deception [v0.11.5] [Hreinn Games]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Downloads\Kingdom of Deception [v0.11.5] [Hreinn Games]\Kingdom_of_Deception-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1888, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/Hentai_Scenes.rpy", line 7731, in <module>
NameError: name 'Sabia' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Kingdom of Deception 0.11.5
Sun May 30 22:56:03 2021

And that was version 0.11.5 patched with the newest JD mod. I didn't even add the bonus scene packs, but even after adding bonus scene pack 9, the problem still persists.

So I'm wondering, how could I clean the traces of the game so that I could make a brand new installation, to get over this error that keeps pestering me since version 0.9.0?

Great730

Oct 3, 2019
Hi people please throw off the save I downloaded all the old ones the game does not see them please throw off someone who is not difficul

Hourglass

Feb 26, 2018
I encountered this problem...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that was version 0.11.5 patched with the newest JD mod. I didn't even add the bonus scene packs, but even after adding bonus scene pack 9, the problem still persists.

So I'm wondering, how could I clean the traces of the game so that I could make a brand new installation, to get over this error that keeps pestering me since version 0.9.0?
That seems to be a bug with the JDmod then. Try reinstalling KoD but without the mod. Either new download or unpacking the zip to get the game again should be enough. You do not need to copy any saves.

Edit: I just tried it out you can actually ignore the errors, until the "real" scene starts. You will only be interrupted in the dialog, but you won't miss anything.

Last edited:

Vyacheslav Grinko

Nov 9, 2018
Hello guys can you help me im currently in part Chufk part 2 but everytime i choose the option to talk to the tentacle monster the same dialogue keeps going over and over again im following the walkthrougt but still the game is stuck to the option of talking to the tentacle monster what am i doing wrong please help me

Hourglass

Feb 26, 2018
Hello guys can you help me im currently in part Chufk part 2 but everytime i choose the option to talk to the tentacle monster the same dialogue keeps going over and over again im following the walkthrougt but still the game is stuck to the option of talking to the tentacle monster what am i doing wrong please help me
Let me guess: You have mods installed? There seems to be a bug, so get the normal game version without a mod. Then rest and try talking to the tentacle moster again. You do not need to copy saves in Renpy.

Vyacheslav Grinko

Nov 9, 2018
Let me guess: You have mods installed? There seems to be a bug, so get the normal game version without a mod. Then rest and try talking to the tentacle moster again. You do not need to copy saves in Renpy.
Yeah and on top of that Sabia had drinks with Neve but then i didn't have the option to drink again so i couldn't trigger the scene with her at the bar maybe there is a bug there also thanks for help i will try to import my saves to a new unmodified game

Aug 12, 2018
Last day of May and not even an update at their patreon page. Seems this is their new standard now: No communication, one update every half of a year and only as much content as necessary to not lose their patreons.
Honestly, this is a shame and i'm really sad about, bc this game started so fucking amazing - story and content wise - and now it slightly fades into the nirvana of abandoned games.

:cry:

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Last day of May and not even an update at their patreon page. Seems this is their new standard now: No communication, one update every half of a year and only as much content as necessary to not lose their patreons.
Honestly, this is a shame and i'm really sad about, bc this game started so fucking amazing - story and content wise - and now it slightly fades into the nirvana of abandoned games.

:cry:
Ah, welcome! You must be new here.

At this point i've repeated my opinion about the communication of this releasea bit too many times, so i won't do it again. So at this point i'll just mention that there is still a bit of hope: Hreinn has a long documented history of releasing patches that are "technically" still in the timeframe they gave at best, so if they say "this summer", then smart money bets on 31th of august 1 minute before midnight pacific time.

Same thing goes here. Apparently they delaid the release to may and with the time zones included we still have almost 19 hours left before june starts. Out of the last 5 updates that i recall at least 3-4 were released this way. I think Hreinn's programmer who compiles the final version and uploads it lives on the pacific coast somehere, so it's about 5AM where he lives as i write this.

If there is another delay and they didn't yet notified their players (especially their patrons), then that's on them and they deserve the criticism they will get for it. But if they do release the new patch in the next 19 hours, then they will be at least consistent, even if i do not agree with these particular ones of their practices.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes