Hourglass

Feb 26, 2018
Yeah and on top of that Sabia had drinks with Neve but then i didn't have the option to drink again so i couldn't trigger the scene with her at the bar maybe there is a bug there also thanks for help i will try to import my saves to a new unmodified game
NOOOOO :LOL: You do not need to import any saves. Renpy stores the saves in your user directory so you don't need to do anything with your saves. The new copy will have all your saves.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Seems this is their new standard now: No communication, one update every half of a year and only as much content as necessary to not lose their patreons.
Emphasis mine, but that's exactly what's occurring. People around here knows what's up. Wish they wouldn't dangle a carrot in front of folks, lead them on for a while, and only to give it up (or shoot off an excuse) just when the rumblings of disgruntled fans start to get a bit too much. This has been their modus operandi for far too long. Hence, why I dissuade future paying patrons until they do better.

On the plus side (and surprisingly there is a plus side), they are doing a little better posting some news lately overall, but honestly, it's not that much of an accomplishment when the bar has been set so low for so long. Hey, at least they're not straight up scamming people like several developers and their teams which I won't name. So that part is good, but yeah, they still need to do better job especially when it comes to communicating with their fans to let them know what's up (and not just dumping some excuse on them either). Anyways, y'all be safe and let's hope the team over at Hreinn Games gets the message and do better. Cheers y'all!

Back

Aug 3, 2017
You might not like their model but they do put out updates, and you know going in beforehand that they both say and tend to stretch out when they drop. Other developers don't even do that much. While some developers let you know in advance and have a proven record and still maintain their fanbase. This (what HG is doing) is certainly not scamming but it sure gets shady. And unlike my latter example, they have a real problem about communicating well with their fanbase which, let's be honest, really hurts their image.

kobak

Sep 24, 2019
You might not like their model but they do put out updates, and you know going in beforehand that they both say and tend to stretch out when they drop. Other developers don't even do that much. While some developers let you know in advance and have a proven record and still maintain their fanbase. This (what HG is doing) is certainly not scamming but it sure gets shady. And unlike my latter example, they have a real problem about communicating well with their fanbase which, let's be honest, really hurts their image.
They always brag about a week's update, It wasn't there now. And about May, they did not write exactly what. According to your logic, they do not cheat. I think they will say that there is a new idea and its implementation will take the entire July (yes, yes July). Well, of course, there will be a bug that crashes the passage.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
They always brag about a week's update, It wasn't there now. And about May, they did not write exactly what. According to your logic, they do not cheat. I think they will say that there is a new idea and its implementation will take the entire July (yes, yes July). Well, of course, there will be a bug that crashes the passage.
No, I didn't say they didn't "cheat". They've lied to us before (by way of failed promises). In fact, they can get downright shady which is what I said. However, I don't think they rise to the level of outright scammers. They do deliver; albeit, in a deliberately slow manner (usually amongst a few excuses and missed target release windows). They *have* to do a better job communicating with folks and let them know what's up in a honest, upfront manner instead of the roundabout way of leading folks on. Don't think for one moment that I'm giving them a free pass, kobak et. al. I'm not.

Long waits between updates is fine as long as you let folks know that is the plan and be open and honest with progress reports. Many devs do this (i.e., Eva Kiss), and others provide frequent updates typically on a monthly basis (i.e., Sierra Lee). Then there are the real scammers out there -- devs that are completely disingenuous about stuff and straight up lie to their patrons despite frequent posts (i.e., Crushstation) or with no communication at all. So, where does Hreinn Games fall on that spectrum? They fall between the extremes. The updates takes a while and they aren't open about their progression which is shady behavior, but at the same time they're not just taking people's money and running away with it. Sometimes they drop art packs and other things, and people will question about the apparent lack of progress to the main project itself. Development is hard and the way they operate needs improvement, but I wouldn't call them scammers either. Shady sure, but not scammers.

Does that make the distinction clearer? Potential patrons for this project usually know that it may take a while to receive an update from them since they don't hide that fact; though, they may not realize that progess reports won't typically be forthcoming from this team. **Hreinn Games aren't thieves but because they often fall short on their promises and are either unwilling or incapable of communicating with their fans well**; thus, they have tendencies to make them look like thieves or scammers. Since they're not, many of us all wish them to improve and hope for the best for them. Otherwise, why would we? Though I personally wouldn't support them again financially until they improve on the communication front and do a better job following through on their promises, but folks are free to make that choice themselves. They got their work cut out for them since they've burned a lot of goodwill over time, BUT they're slowly improving despite missteps -- I just wish they wouldn't lead people on ('cause that is shady behavior) and be more honest and open about their progress.

So just be cautious. Don't be so pessimistic that you can't wish them to improve or only have negative thoughts on what they do. At least you know that the team will eventually drop an update at some point. So there's that. ;]

Jan 2, 2020
There always has to be a damn issue with good games and i lost count how many were abandoned just when things were about to start.
We haven't seen much of the world of KoD but what we have seen is pretty good and im hoping if this mess is resolved that they will continue to build a unique world of theirs,with characters,locations,etc that we havent seen before instead of copying other genres like some do.Imagine if they one day they make all of the map accesible or atleast most of it,either in this game or on multiple games.

Reactions: Baba Sakin

kobak

Sep 24, 2019
There always has to be a damn issue with good games and i lost count how many were abandoned just when things were about to start.
We haven't seen much of the world of KoD but what we have seen is pretty good and im hoping if this mess is resolved that they will continue to build a unique world of theirs,with characters,locations,etc that we havent seen before instead of copying other genres like some do.Imagine if they one day they make all of the map accesible or atleast most of it,either in this game or on multiple games.

With the existing team, this will not happen. Rather, there will be milking until the sponsors run out. Then it will be announced about the new engine. When this topic is exhausted, they will announce a complete redesign of the project. Maybe even a new team will pick him up. BUT! I started playing it for the plot, the plot is ALREADY written by other people, so to be honest, that (first) game is already dead, this Frankinstein is still being poked with a stick. Other locations will remain unplayable.

• Sad
Reactions: Fanatic Vortex

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
With the existing team, this will not happen. Rather, there will be milking until the sponsors run out. Then it will be announced about the new engine. When this topic is exhausted, they will announce a complete redesign of the project. Maybe even a new team will pick him up. BUT! I started playing it for the plot, the plot is ALREADY written by other people, so to be honest, that (first) game is already dead, this Frankinstein is still being poked with a stick. Other locations will remain unplayable.
Well, then i've got some good news for you while we are forced to wait again: Nomo, the artist is writing the plot and has always been the one doing so. He also designs the looks and personalities of the characters. Nothing changed on that front since Noxian Nights.

The job of Sierra and Monsinne was and is to write the actual text the players will read, but not the plot itself, so you are in luck, the plot is still written by the same artist who started it. You can still like it.

Jan 2, 2020
Well expect the worst but hope for the best

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes