Partyboy78

Oct 1, 2018
Are the updates really annual now?
No, but they're basically bi-annual at this point & heading towards annual.

Which is funny b/c I could've sworn they pushed out some post about wanting to cut their updates into pieces to get them out quicker (hence the reusable scenes they were already reusing...). But I believe the story now is that the main artist has been ill.

Reactions: ashkatchemall25
May 18, 2020
No, but they're basically bi-annual at this point & heading towards annual.

Which is funny b/c I could've sworn they pushed out some post about wanting to cut their updates into pieces to get them out quicker (hence the reusable scenes they were already reusing...). But I believe the story now is that the main artist has been ill.
Yeah, like dozens of times, citing preparations for that to be the reason for delays...

Erectosaurus

Dec 28, 2018
Even if the artist is MIA they can use the already existing assets to move forward, it's not like the new art is anything amazing. Is it lazy? Sure, but it's also the most cost/time effective way of doing things at this point not to mention they've already been reusing assets over the past few updates. I'm half tempted to mod the game myself. Between this, SS and Seeds of Chaos I swear every 2D game on this site that started around 2016 is cursed.

Reactions: Enigmanic

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Even if the artist is MIA they can use the already existing assets to move forward, it's not like the new art is anything amazing. Is it lazy? Sure, but it's also the most cost/time effective way of doing things at this point not to mention they've already been reusing assets over the past few updates. I'm half tempted to mod the game myself. Between this, SS and Seeds of Chaos I swear every 2D game on this site that started around 2016 is cursed.
In theory that is exactly what they are doing right now. Since Nomo is also the guy behind the story and character personalities, i doubt that we'd get a story focused quest, but the writer and the coder said that they are trying to cook something up by the end of october.
Take it with the usual slab of salt, but at least the correct idea came to them eventually.

nyqz

Mar 17, 2018
Guys, please recommend me games with orcs like this one (but preferably with enough content), otherwise I’m already losing hope of finishing this game, they were once my favorite developers, but with every message they post on Patreon I’m getting more and more disappointed
There's weirdly few orc-focused games considering how much of a h-cliche it is. Are you open to games that just have a big component that's orc focused, or does it need to be mostly orcs?

Negativpro0

May 23, 2020
Aight fellas it is the 29 of Oktober. An update was promised for the end of Oktober, only two days left. Bets are open. Which one will it be?

A: update comes out
B: update does not come out
C: what update?
D: dog ate Hreinn homeworks, so there is no update.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Aight fellas it is the 29 of Oktober. An update was promised for the end of Oktober, only two days left. Bets are open. Which one will it be?

Can i say the line this time? Someone was faster than me every time in the past.

E: Which October?

Thank you.

TERES

Jun 1, 2019

More likely until November.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
They have an update post. I can't read most of it, but this is the start:
"Hey guys - letting you know where we are. We wanted to release it before the end of the month, but the coding will take a bit extra time..."

Partyboy78

Oct 1, 2018
"We wanted to release it this month, but we figured we could fish another month's worth of money from ya'll once again. See you next month to feed you the next excuse".

Reactions: Enigmanic

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
I mean I expected nothing less from them. Thought the coding was finished a long time ago? Wasn't the patch delayed by Nomo not being satisfied with his art?
They are doing something else now, or at least it seems to. The real patch with the story quest and all that is unfinished as you said, with Nomo wanting to redraw something. Currently the writer and the coder is trying to put something together that can be released at least while we wait for Nomo.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
You know... I don't really know code... but couldn't the story technically continue and later images added?
From everything i've read so far from Hreinn, their development cycle goes something like this:

1. Discuss the content of the patch.
2. Nomo starts drawing, writer starts writing.
3. When those two are finished the coder compiles the content into a patch.
4. Test and release.

Now, i must say again that i don't know much about coding, so anyone with more knowledge can correct me on this one, but as soon as the plans are made and Nomo has some sketches or the writer has some rough scripts, a programmer can start coding already with placeholders and just quickly replace those with the actual content when the artists are done.
Even if the coding process legitimately takes a couple of months due to some kind of difficulty or a lack of available time, the task itself can be started long before everything else is done. And so far i've not seen a single indicator of that happening.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes