souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Was Serra lee doing the writing part ? Looking at The Last Sovereign writing quality made wonder why the hell herni let her leave???
TLDR is that she was the writer until creative differences with Nomo caused her to leave. It's only speculation, be we know she left around (IIRC) version 5, and after that the writing focused less on intrigue and using sex to manipulate and changed to focus on "how can Sabia get raped today".

May 25, 2022
TLDR is that she was the writer until creative differences with Nomo caused her to leave. It's only speculation, be we know she left around (IIRC) version 5, and after that the writing focused less on intrigue and using sex to manipulate and changed to focus on "how can Sabia get raped today".
So true, I know a lot of people like that stuff but me personally it got old so fast

Reactions: Enigmanic

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Wow, i have so many pages here to read suddenly. But for now, my quick thoughts on this mini patch:

The good:
Finally a continuation to the interactions in the shop and the brothel! Nice. Finally, after so many years, true repeatable scenes!. Nice. And i can actually see Sabia in them without magnifying glasses. Awesome.
But seriously. Repeatable scenes randomized after short interactions at various places is the right use for the simplified assets.
And i for one liked the scenes where the orc walks in, grabs Sabia, fuck, walks out. A few of these, if used sparingly can be fun and a bit comedic and sexy.

The bad:
As of 0.14.1.3 there are still some scenes i couldn't trigger without gallery mod, like the ones with the human guard. I also consistently get the first two orc shop scenes in sequence, which didn't seem planned. There is also an error, since the annoyed guard's picture is missing for me, but i just copied and renamed the angry portrait and that bypassed the problem (after unrenning the game).

The ugly:
Last time we had "skyrocket" and now we got "extra costumer service program". It would sound strange from Vehlis, but it would be plausible. Maybe even from Sabia, but from a not too bright shopkeeper and two dumb costumers? This threw me out of the scene in an instant. Next time will they talk about portfolio investments too? And in an even stranger way, they do this scenario much better in a later scene when the orcs are still inside Sabia when they start shopping for random stuff. That's how it should be: orcs doing their normal business, talking normally and Sabia just being there as a matter of fact.
Also, Sabia really needed a fake name for the human towns. Now after a whole criminal team, a fallen noble also gets to hear her name and the story that she used to be nobility too. In the next patch there must be a quest to kill this guy. It simply must be.

Overall, for what it is, i think it's not too bad at all.
This is exactly the type of filler content the reusable assets are good for and these small, repeatable scenes show what the rest of the team could put together while Nomo works on the full art for the main story.
But if they want to keep making these, then these have to come alongside the high quality ones at a good pace, not instead of them. Also, now that this patch is out, the one they wanted to make while Nomo is out of action, they should probably communicate with their patrons about the next release as soon as possible. That's just good business sense as the orcs would say.

Jan 10, 2018
3.90 star(s) 74 Votes