TuveanYGloir

Jan 29, 2020
Matter of personal taste I suppose. I feel like the quality improved after Sierra Lee's departure, as the focus returned to actually progressing the main storyline. The prior few updates felt meandering and almost pointless. We'll see how it goes as more content is released though.
Well, check the game now and say it once more: 'The quality improved after Sierra Lee's departure, as the focus returned to actually progressing the main storyline.'

You won't be able to, right?

Jan 18, 2018
Well, check the game now and say it once more: 'The quality improved after Sierra Lee's departure, as the focus returned to actually progressing the main storyline.'

You won't be able to, right?
Wasn't sure what you were referring to but I see that quote was my comment in February of 2019. Subsequently I've commented a number of times about how the project has gone downhill significantly. The very first release after Sierra left actually pushed the main story along which seemed like a good indication of improvement. Every release since has been of declining quality. So yeah, Sierra was holding it all together it seems.

shadow415

Oct 14, 2019
I think they could finish the game in one year or so by rushing some routes.
The problem is that the patreon model really disincentivizes people from actually finishing a game. Once the game is finished they need to come up with a new thing which in itself a challenge but add to it: Will the existing people like it, will they keep on supporting or will most leave. While they know for sure how many people like the current game. So that's why everyone stretches out their games for as long as they can and constantly reworks them and adds 500 different paths and variations.

Reactions: Anita Deek

asgir546

Oct 15, 2019
Not that I mind. Linear games are really good when they're well-written, otherwise they can become boring. On the other hand, games with hidden contents are like treasure hunts with hints scattered here and there across the game, and I like thse kind of things.

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
The july "update" was nothing more than a scene which should've been included in the march proper update, and a slight rework of a quest. So yeah, the actual update was 7 months ago.
They're free to release it at whatever pace they want, if idiots want to throw their money at a CLEARLY stalled project, they can. However, since sierra left KoD has started to slow to a crawl and I wouldn't be surprised if they plan on killing it soon. I don't want them to, I LOVE nomo's art, but there is clearly no love behind this anymore.

Filippa2000

Jun 22, 2017
well no update in a month?
You have an interesting definition of how long ago July was.
Also 3500$ split with 4 people is a really low price actually. That means each person gets 875$ which if you don't have a main job; GL surviving.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
It's 3.5k now, it was 7.5k a couple years back when people were actually exited about the game. And they were splitting those 7.5k in 2, not 4. They have only themselves to blame. This was a gold mine. If somebody launches a new project and "enhances" the concept, it will be a blow up success.

Reactions: Shakira and pizbia

WiccaWicked

Jan 6, 2018
Sierra lee is working by herself, and she puts out higher quality, better updates faster than a team of people. And there was a point where hreinn had more per month than her, and more people, and they were putting out less content. I would bet a solid chunk of change that the "amicable parting of ways" was due to sierra wanting them to actually fucking do something, rather than lazily shit out 2 updates a year. Theres even a guy on their discord, unpaid, who is offering them scenes hes writing himself. Either hreinn no longer cares about the project, and it should be left to die, or they just want to milk it, and it should be left to die. It's not a meme anymore, the game is basically dead in the water.

I made a post on their patreon a year ago about the direction of the game being bad for them if they conti ue to focus on updates that have no content, and I got shouted down by the horde, and at that point I knew the project would never live up to its potential.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Sierra lee is working by herself, and she puts out higher quality, better updates faster than a team of people. And there was a point where hreinn had more per month than her, and more people, and they were putting out less content. I would bet a solid chunk of change that the "amicable parting of ways" was due to sierra wanting them to actually fucking do something, rather than lazily shit out 2 updates a year. Theres even a guy on their discord, unpaid, who is offering them scenes hes writing himself. Either hreinn no longer cares about the project, and it should be left to die, or they just want to milk it, and it should be left to die. It's not a meme anymore, the game is basically dead in the water.

I made a post on their patreon a year ago about the direction of the game being bad for them if they conti ue to focus on updates that have no content, and I got shouted down by the horde, and at that point I knew the project would never live up to its potential.
I'll take you on that bet to get the free solid chunk of change.
Back when Sierra left, their patreon was around 5-6k shared among 2 person. Then, according to your win condition on this bet, Nomo came up with the idea to "milk" the project by lowering the monthly income to 3.5k and sharing it among 4-5 team members.
That's one tough case for you. This project has it's flaws, but i do take you up on the bet that this was not it.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes