Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
I read all of your comments, and I have to say, it wall depends if the CG rip has been updated of not. I downloaded it, and I see literally no change since I last played this game with the walkthrough. If that really is the content then I'm afraid I have to side with all the whinies. Then again, I see there's a new patreon post. So I guess depending on both I might determine if it's worthwhile to become a patreon. Tho judging on what I have seen so far I highly doubt it. The other game also has been milking patreons for the content we pushed during 2014-2018 and since then the content is bad, lame, little and insufficient. So If I don't support that case there, I won't support it here if it's the case here.

Someone mentioned the developer went to a game with lots of gameplay? I most definitely want to hear where or what's the name

• Angry
Reactions: Fanatic Vortex

ronadan

Jul 2, 2017
Someone mentioned the developer went to a game with lots of gameplay? I most definitely want to hear where or what's the name
I should clarify that Sierra Lee was the writer, so if you check her other games they don't necessarily have the same art style as KoD

you can check "desecration of wings". completed, good amount of content. but "the last sovereign" will have more for sure. more than 30 hours right now and it's still going on. you can find both here. just search for their titles

Pa3uk

Jul 22, 2017
1 BIG problem - game on Rempy -_- ... if he create MV or VX game would have come out long ago .... Noxian Nights came out - Simple and quite Successful (if it was on Rempy, it was developed for years -_-) ...
In fact, there is more "Contents" in Noxian Nights than here. Soon the 2nd year of the game and it has version 0.11 -_- ........ This is a failure.

• Thinking Face
  • Angry
Reactions: rockon123 and Xill

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
1 BIG problem - game on Rempy -_- ... if he create MV or VX game would have come out long ago .... Noxian Nights came out - Simple and quite Successful (if it was on Rempy, it was developed for years -_-) ...
In fact, there is more "Contents" in Noxian Nights than here. Soon the 2nd year of the game and it has version 0.11 -_- ........ This is a failure.
It doesn't have anything to do with the engine. I've seen devs using Ren'Py giving out updates 10 times faster than some people do with RPGM, and vice versa.

It's about the people working on the game. There's just no management, who the hell knows what these guys are even doing.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Don't blame the engine, blame the operator.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
This game has actually been in development since 2017.

Pa3uk

Jul 22, 2017
Maybe I put it wrong .... It's just that, in fact, they knew how Rpg maker works, but decided to allocate UNKNOWN places for them ... actually, as an example with ONE1, which decided to release the game on Unity and thus stepped on on a rake ... and these are PROFISSIONALS, they have a lot of work behind them and even they make mistakes ... In short, I'm afraid they won't see the release -_- sorry, but I'm a realist and only see that the Author of this project is simply (extorts) people for money ...
I like Noxian Nights, I can return to the game and I don't get bored ... (+ - once a year) ... but this project does not give any emotions -_- And almost always after the update, the game needs to start from the beginning -_- (and this is the biggest drawback of the Renpy engine, it's easier in Rpg M) ...
p.s. Above I made a mistake by naming the engine Rempy (here I am sorry).

Reactions: Enigmanic

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
It doesn't have anything to do with the engine. I've seen devs using Ren'Py giving out updates 10 times faster than some people do with RPGM, and vice versa.

It's about the people working on the game. There's just no management, who the hell knows what these guys are even doing.
Yeah, I was thinking Good Girl Gone Bad is Renpy. Healslut must be Renpy. People do a lot with Renpy - provided they are a people who are working to do a lot.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Yeah, I was thinking Good Girl Gone Bad is Renpy. Healslut must be Renpy. People do a lot with Renpy - provided they are a people who are working to do a lot.
Or provided that they are able to work a lot.

I know i'm more lenient with the devs than most people here, but in order to have the possibilities listed i think i have to mention this too.
An experienced programer who works on this game full time could get a lot more done, yet each code-heavy update took a significant amount of time and suffered delays. Naturally this shows a lack of management that much is clear and we can make guesses at the other problems (i have and will continue to do so), but it can also point to the explanation that Hreinn's programer just does not have too much reliable free time to work on this game.

I mean it's not unusual for programers to work overtime and in irregular schedules.

psycohunter96

Aug 19, 2017
So to brighet up the mood(If it is even possible with the state of the game...) the new update is close to release! What are your thoughts guys what do you hope to see? Do you think that the update will be at least the work of 4 months(There is no way its gonna be the work of 8 as it should be i think thats obvious). What do you think will it be somewhat satisfieing or will it be underwhelming like the recent previous ones? Tell me what you think:)

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Nomo improved some art assets to fix bad-looking scenes from the previous update and prepared some other art assets for repeatable scenes. Beyond that we have no clue if they've actually done much work progressing the story or the subplots.

Joe9ty

Jun 18, 2020
So to brighet up the mood(If it is even possible with the state of the game...) the new update is close to release! What are your thoughts guys what do you hope to see? Do you think that the update will be at least the work of 4 months(There is no way its gonna be the work of 8 as it should be i think thats obvious). What do you think will it be somewhat satisfieing or will it be underwhelming like the recent previous ones? Tell me what you think:)
My expectations are quite low, not because I'm a critic but for me there was a feeling that this game might be added to the growing list of abandoned games showcased on this site and I think that would be a real shame if that's what happened. The scale of the project is massive and I hope they continue to work on it and stay as true as possible to their original intentions. I would like to see sequels and spin offs coming from this game and there is a lot within the storylines and sub-plots that could be developed much further including the whole Minotaur scenario, which would be a lot of fun. If the update exceeds expectations and delivers improved artwork and storyline progression I will become a patreon in the hope Hreinn have overcome whatever issues they seem to have been having. At that point my opinion will count, as at present it counts for zero given I'm just a freeloader enjoying the labours of others, as are the majority of 'contributors' on here atm.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Don't think it will be something that I consider "satisfying," but any scene available in the new update is welcome than another 6 to 10 months of radio silence at this rate.

Reactions: psycohunter96

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Maybe I put it wrong .... It's just that, in fact, they knew how Rpg maker works, but decided to allocate UNKNOWN places for them ... actually, as an example with ONE1, which decided to release the game on Unity and thus stepped on on a rake ... and these are PROFISSIONALS, they have a lot of work behind them and even they make mistakes ... In short, I'm afraid they won't see the release -_- sorry, but I'm a realist and only see that the Author of this project is simply (extorts) people for money ...
I like Noxian Nights, I can return to the game and I don't get bored ... (+ - once a year) ... but this project does not give any emotions -_- And almost always after the update, the game needs to start from the beginning -_- (and this is the biggest drawback of the Renpy engine, it's easier in Rpg M) ...
p.s. Above I made a mistake by naming the engine Rempy (here I am sorry).
Most of us prefer that they show competence, integrity, and professionalism in their work -- but if you can milk the project dry and make people happy at the same time, why bother doing that? Hreinn's been radio silent for most of the year and people still clinging to a false hope that an update soon will arrive.

Hreinn said their latest update for 2021 should be in April, then postponed to May, and from May... now we're in September. That's about five months of work and tonnes of updates, patches, etc. if it were from other developers.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes