fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
So is the game dead?
It's not dead :rolleyes: People who support them financially on Patreon get regular updates. When will forum members here learn that if it's not here available for free, it doesn't mean it's dead - it just means no one's willing to share

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry it's been a while since I posted here, but this is not dead. Just undergoing some development difficulties. Long story short is, I wasn't happy with the original way the game play. Massive rework undertaken to get in the new mechanics and make the character's progression feel longer rather than rushed.

I'll be doing a post on it sometime on the patreon (that will be public) that won't have good news. But there will be a build being released tomorrow for patrons.

Reactions: Emperor_Arcturus

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Sorry it's been a while since I posted here, but this is not dead. Just undergoing some development difficulties. Long story short is, I wasn't happy with the original way the game play. Massive rework undertaken to get in the new mechanics and make the character's progression feel longer rather than rushed.

I'll be doing a post on it sometime on the patreon (that will be public) that won't have good news. But there will be a build being released tomorrow for patrons.
Just wanted to say I enjoy both your games and really wanna see more of Kingdom of Subversion too, definitely like the parts so far, though I'd love for the ability to go back to that Dark Elf lady and have some more fun every now and again. But I wanted to ask something a bit off topic, I'm going through learning UE4 at the moment cause I wanna make games, but I also wanna give Unity a try for some kinds of games I wanna make and I'm wondering how you find it? Fairly easy to make stuff in it and work with? Heard it's a good engine to use

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Just wanted to say I enjoy both your games and really wanna see more of Kingdom of Subversion too, definitely like the parts so far, though I'd love for the ability to go back to that Dark Elf lady and have some more fun every now and again. But I wanted to ask something a bit off topic, I'm going through learning UE4 at the moment cause I wanna make games, but I also wanna give Unity a try for some kinds of games I wanna make and I'm wondering how you find it? Fairly easy to make stuff in it and work with? Heard it's a good engine to use
Thank you! That's very kind to say! I really want to show people more of KoS too!

As for your question, it really depends on what you intend on making. I haven't had much exposure to UE, btu from my (limit) understanding if you want to do stuff in 3D pretty much always pick UE over unity. But anything 2D unity is much better equipped from my memory Unity is also much simpler from a user point of view.

My own experiences with Unity have been hit and miss. You get so much freedom to design and implement the mechanics you want to make and it's a lot easier to do that than in basic engines (like rpgm) which are limited. That said it comes with the trade off with more work to do anything overall (at least from my experience) and hooking things up (what I call "eventing") takes a lot longer than say rpg maker.

But I'd say the biggest consideration to have is what you are intending to make and generally that will decide the engine you want to use. (Though I will also say I am in no ways an expert on any of this, this is just from my limited knowledge). Hope that was of some help!

Reactions: Emperor_Arcturus

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Thank you! That's very kind to say! I really want to show people more of KoS too!

As for your question, it really depends on what you intend on making. I haven't had much exposure to UE, btu from my (limit) understanding if you want to do stuff in 3D pretty much always pick UE over unity. But anything 2D unity is much better equipped from my memory Unity is also much simpler from a user point of view.

My own experiences with Unity have been hit and miss. You get so much freedom to design and implement the mechanics you want to make and it's a lot easier to do that than in basic engines (like rpgm) which are limited. That said it comes with the trade off with more work to do anything overall (at least from my experience) and hooking things up (what I call "eventing") takes a lot longer than say rpg maker.

But I'd say the biggest consideration to have is what you are intending to make and generally that will decide the engine you want to use. (Though I will also say I am in no ways an expert on any of this, this is just from my limited knowledge). Hope that was of some help!
Okay good to hear. UE4's been pretty easy to learn and from what I saw Unity seems to be somewhat similar, thankfully unity themselves have a page listing the difference between them and how to transition over lol. Also have definitely heard that it's better for 2d than UE, though I wanted to make a 3d CRPG like Divinity and such. People have used Unity for those kinds of games a fair amount it seems so hopefully the engine will work well enough. Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Naughty Underworld
Mar 21, 2018
I'd consider this game if EVERY character didn't have such ridiculously sized tits. I'd understand a few, but no every single one of them. -_-

jack_cuervo

Nov 6, 2019
Always one :D

Well, first of all I apologize if my English is bad, I don't speak it very well.

I think you are being a bit drastic with the mechanics of the game, you should wait to see how the players manage with it to see if they work, many times when doing something creative we can enter a kind of "tunnel vision "and believes that something that works does not do it and vice versa.

you should wait to get some feedback from your players and see what they tell you before changing the game so drastically again

For me the key to any mechanics is that they are FAST and SIMPLE but that makes the player feel that he is doing something to advance, it is a difficult balance but if done well it is fantastic

I really like the idea you raised at the beginning of corrupting the people while corrupting the heroines makes the corruption mechanics feel more palpable but I haven't tried the game so I don't know how you implemented it

Finally, a lot of encouragement and if you have many doubts you should read books or take an online course on mechanics construction in video games, it is never too much to learn from another to see if they raise something that you never thought about, encourage and I hope you have good health I am still from urban demons, although I have never had the money to support you (Latin America is a difficult place for dollars: S) but I have always liked your games a lot

Pema13

Sep 1, 2017
dont abandon this gem! i only played past the first mission and I fell in love with this game.
I doubt he is. He is developing one or two other games so updates >may< not be as often. One of those games, The Solarian Project, is a project he has been planning on for long, long time. Sometime around or even before he did UD. So that one may have higher priority. Then again, this is all just me guessing, so take it with a grain of salt.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
dont abandon this gem! i only played past the first mission and I fell in love with this game.
I doubt he is. He is developing one or two other games so updates >may< not be as often. One of those games, The Solarian Project, is a project he has been planning on for long, long time. Sometime around or even before he did UD. So that one may have higher priority. Then again, this is all just me guessing, so take it with a grain of salt.
Game isn't abandoned, I just haven't released a public build in a while because I've been doing some major reworking. Hope to release a public version of 0.4 at the end of this month. ^^

Artwork has continued and there's quite some tasty stuff to come!

DragonMom.png

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Game isn't abandoned, I just haven't released a public build in a while because I've been doing some major reworking. Hope to release a public version of 0.4 at the end of this month. ^^

Artwork has continued and there's quite some tasty stuff to come!

View attachment 1200482
I wanna make a joke about fucking sushi but I can't. Can't even make a joke about caviar and scrambling eggs etc. It feels almost too easy, like the bait and switch.

4.00 star(s) 36 Votes