RPGM Abandoned Kingdom Reforged [v0.0.1] [Ghost Pixel]

Faxe10%

Apr 30, 2023
If you go on top of the map of the Village "Spring Field" you will find a way to go in the "Rainy Wild".
I wanted the players to explore the map a little and find things on their own. But I will try to add more directions for player quest guidance in the future.
That would be very helpful...thanks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ghost Pixel

Ghost Pixel

May 12, 2023
I searched the whole forest and did not find him
" Helping aunt "
where can I find my aunt?
Both the quest "Helping Aunt" and "Finding Lothar" is work in progress. You will get to know more about them in the future updates. Follow the road map in the page to get update on the contents

Reactions: Ntrsugar

OniKuro

May 31, 2017
If you go on top of the map of the Village "Spring Field" you will find a way to go in the "Rainy Wild".
I wanted the players to explore the map a little and find things on their own. But I will try to add more directions for player quest guidance in the future.
it's not a bad idea but when a game it's starting and have a limited amount of content, from a player pov, usually it's better to avoid the free roam cos in the end u just end up wandering all the map in vane.
of course it's nice to see the full map and details, but no for all players, have a quest log of some kind that tells u where exactly the content(mission,ch,objetive) is, can avoid that kind of problem.

im not english native so i hope everything make sense.
this is simple my idea and nothing more so no need to actually worry/reed ir ♥

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
If these planned tags make it into the final game, will be top tier
Not with the pigeon english demonstrated in just the previews. I can't imagine the rest of it's gonna be better, or any more subtle. Beating you over the head and shoulders with brother this, sister that. Cause that's how ppl talk all the time. To the point I've called mine that exactly zero times in my 51 years. Unless introducing them to someone.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Ok I played the game, and it really felt like a short demo of what to expect rather than a game, but even with the present content, it's not really good.
The maps although big feels mostly empty, the buildings are there sure, but it's almost too large for the sake of it.
The writing is kinda awful, I thought it mimicked old english but it's actually a mix between an attempt of it and engrish, the characters will switch from talking like medieval peasants to modern people in a few lines.
The character behavior is somewhat all over the places, they act like they were rushing their quests and personalities, aside from some normal lines, the family doesn't feel like they just met their long lost son or that they are devasted from the loss of their father, especially the MC, doesn't even blink an eye when they tell him (Through a jarring opening crawl that synthesize everything) that his father his dead.
There is no real bonding moment, or reconciliation, it's immediately send off to some delivery quest... And don't get me started on the other three NPCs they also feel too much exposition and little substance.
In addition, MC went to war, he is a soldier, but behaves like a shy teenager!
(A nitpick but MC while pondering exclaims "Jesus", which may not bother at first, but in a fantasy setting with different races and definitely outlandish gods, seeing Jesus appears bugs me off)
For the intro it isn't needed a double exposition, MC already said where the market, the smith et cetera are, it shouldn't be repeated.
I like the combat style, it reminds me of some old crpgs, but for now there isn't much.
The overworld details, the sprites of characters and objects are fine, albeit some doors passes on MC while walking and the movements.
The inspiration taken from "A struggle with sin" is quite heavy and cannot be ignored, from the introduction, to some gameplay/story aspects, but I am not complaining about it! In fact I was pretty excited to see it as an object of inspiration.

That's my feedback, I could say it has potential but every game has potential to become something and it's not a great point to make as its only pro, it is on the right path but damn it needs a rework and polishing on many elements.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 2615043

Overview:
This is a story in a fantasy world where kingdoms are at war.
War among different races, each have their own reasons and motivations.
Among all this, is our Hero, a boy who dreams of becoming a knight.
How will he be able to save this village and his race from this war?
Will he fall in the pit of darkness or will be rise and become a better and ideal person?​

Thread Updated: 2023-05-12
Release Date: 2023-05-11
Developer: Ghost Pixel
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2615131 View attachment 2615132 View attachment 2615133 View attachment 2615134 View attachment 2615135 View attachment 2615136 View attachment 2615137
Adding incest into a game, especially if you can make it optional, is always a smart move. Thank you and good luck with your game, looking forward to the next version.

• Red Heart

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Some of the previous comments echo my initial thoughts...decide on whether you want the dialogue to mimic medieval English or modern engrish. (It's not Olde English like you get in Canterbury Tales...don't go there, players will need to translate that shit:)). IMO you should stick to modern usage since I don't think you are aware of when you're deviating from the medieval to the modern. Also, even though you may want to be as realistic as you can, the syntax and language use in medieval English can be irritating for many (think about it...F95 is an adult site, not really meant for theatre).

If you're going for realism in a fantasy setting, with various humanoid races and differing pantheons of gods depending on the race, then 'Jesus' doesn't seem to be a good fit.

The game is good overall, it just has several 'kinks' to iron out.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
I don't know if anybody else is getting these problems, but, and trust me, I really wanted to play this game, but, the loading of the game itself took a very long time. Loading between scenes also took an extremely long time. I think there are serious issues with the mechanics of the game itself, and it even affected the operation of my computer. My computer slowed down practically to a standstill. I kept getting not responding to everything. I was finally able to shut down my computer and start again. I know I have a bug on my computer and maybe this is what is affecting this type of game. Most games, I have no issues with.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
I don't know if anybody else is getting these problems, but, and trust me, I really wanted to play this game, but, the loading of the game itself took a very long time. Loading between scenes also took an extremely long time. I think there are serious issues with the mechanics of the game itself, and it even affected the operation of my computer. My computer slowed down practically to a standstill. I kept getting not responding to everything. I was finally able to shut down my computer and start again. I know I have a bug on my computer and maybe this is what is affecting this type of game. Most games, I have no issues with.
Have you tried to play other RPGM games like Struggle with Sin or Peasant's Quest? If you have and you're getting the same issue then it's most likely your system, not the actual game. If, however, it's only this game, well...

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Have you tried to play other RPGM games like Struggle with Sin or Peasant's Quest? If you have and you're getting the same issue then it's most likely your system, not the actual game. If, however, it's only this game, well...
It is true, my system does struggle with about half of the RPGM games, and the other half play decently. Apparently, it's just my system. Can you recommend a virus defender package?