3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Sorry. The whole balancing out it's still hard for me.
I don't think the economy is the problem. It's raining with money and it's almost impossible to lose once you get going. I think, it'd help a lot if the building thing get's it's own tab. Having it be a sub-menu of the reforms menu is not the most intuitive. The same can be said about the training/recruitment menu.

The thing about the days was just me being retarded. I saw the d 1 on the first level buildings and assumed in the very start, when I first played the game. That it was the number of days it took to build. Somehow that idea stuck in my mind even though it doesn't make any sense, when I think about it. Sorry about the confusion.

I have also managed to get back a little love from the people, though I have no idea how.

Regarding the battle. The prince was well trained with tons of heavy infantry, heavy cavalry, and longbowmen against a little band of thieves. So I don't think, it was a loss.

Is my suspicions right that it only builds one building at a time or is there some form of RNG or just a general misunderstanding? I saw one of my buildings in the early game complete. While the others where still at 0% which got me to the conclusion, that they only build one at a time.
*edit I did a much larger test regarding the buildings and they do seem to be build all at once. The interval is just so random. One of the forests are at 0% while the other is at 50%. The lvl 1 stable is at 23% while the lvl 3 citadel is at 25%. The lvl 2 weapon smith is still at 0%

Last edited:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Damn. Thanks a lot for letting me know. Was it a normal skirmish? Were you close to losing the game?

Also where did you checked the times?
I think it would be good if you give us the players the explanation of the path we choose at the beginning and how will it affect the country ruling, maybe it wasn't much important now (?) but please add it in the next update. Second,the fan guide talked about raising money and ignore the reputation completely because it was useless so was it because it didn't implement in the game yet or was it intention that way? Third, beside the fan guide would you consider to upload an official walkthrough to highlight the best way to developing the kingdom and avoid a game over scenario happen too often that force people to restart from the saves or even from beginning?

Reactions: KingmakerVN

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
My own best advice currently to focus on getting to admin lvl 2 (take stewardship start) and then quickly get trade lvl'ed up. Invest in the bowyer, tannery and slums. Though currently by far my biggest profit margin is from tolls... I just don't know how I got it that high as it's almost at 300(k) at the moment. Is logistics factored into this? Admin? Trade?

PS. The game is really neat. I'm only asking these things because, I've come to like the game. You get extra kudos from me for having a gilfy maid. It's come up on the list of games I might end up supporting.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I don't think the economy is the problem. It's raining with money and it's almost impossible to lose once you get going. I think, it'd help a lot if the building thing get's it's own tab. Having it be a sub-menu of the reforms menu is not the most intuitive. The same can be said about the training/recruitment menu.

The thing about the days was just me being retarded. I saw the d 1 on the first level buildings and assumed in the very start, when I first played the game. That it was the number of days it took to build. Somehow that idea stuck in my mind even though it doesn't make any sense, when I think about it. Sorry about the confusion.

I have also managed to get back a little love from the people, though I have no idea how.

Regarding the battle. The prince was well trained with tons of heavy infantry, heavy cavalry, and longbowmen against a little band of thieves. So I don't think, it was a loss.

Is my suspicions right that it only builds one building at a time or is there some form of RNG or just a general misunderstanding? I saw one of my buildings in the early game complete. While the others where still at 0% which got me to the conclusion, that they only build one at a time.
*edit I did a much larger test regarding the buildings and they do seem to be build all at once. The interval is just so random. One of the forests are at 0% while the other is at 50%. The lvl 1 stable is at 23% while the lvl 3 citadel is at 25%. The lvl 2 weapon smith is still at 0%
Hahaha. Yeah, I was thinking to nerf the endgame since there's no limit to how much money you can get from the factions.

You know I actually had that same thought a while ago. I don't know why I didn't implemented it. But you're right, I should just get rid of the reforms tab. Bunch of unnecessary clicking.

Lol I thought it would be something like that. I just had a hard time writing the descriptions but it just means that. Description for stage 1.

Yeah, I was just thinking that maybe you got a special skirmish with the northern warrior, or a faction revolt that sent the soldiers home and then you got the normal skirmish. Because you only got that problem once, right?

They upgrade at the same time, and it's rng but your administration skill affects it.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I can't give out any more like today because:
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You've reached your reaction limit for today"

Yet I appreciate your comments and interactions. Thank you.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I think it would be good if you give us the players the explanation of the path we choose at the beginning and how will it affect the country ruling, maybe it wasn't much important now (?) but please add it in the next update. Second,the fan guide talked about raising money and ignore the reputation completely because it was useless so was it because it didn't implement in the game yet or was it intention that way? Third, beside the fan guide would you consider to upload an official walkthrough to highlight the best way to developing the kingdom and avoid a game over scenario happen too often that force people to restart from the saves or even from beginning?
Oh it just boosts your skills on that category.

I mean it's not really useless at the moment, although not completely implemented either. You get a passive boost on the peasant faction if you're loved, and vice versa. As well as some options.

I actually thought about making a video or something since I know the ins and outs. Written might be a better idea though.

Reactions: ash996

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
How do you increase the toll gain (what is it even in this game)? It seems rather important :)

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
My own best advice currently to focus on getting to admin lvl 2 (take stewardship start) and then quickly get trade lvl'ed up. Invest in the bowyer, tannery and slums. Though currently by far my biggest profit margin is from tolls... I just don't know how I got it that high as it's almost at 300(k) at the moment. Is logistics factored into this? Admin? Trade?

PS. The game is really neat. I'm only asking these things because, I've come to like the game. You get extra kudos from me for having a gilfy maid. It's come up on the list of games I might end up supporting.
It's based on how loved you are by the merchant faction, as well as laws that increase their taxes.

I'm really glad you did. It makes me very happy when people react like this, honestly. And I hope I can get it to a place in which you'll be comfortable to support it. It's always a massive boost in confidence.

Lel I didn't know there were limits. Either way thank you!

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
Thanks for the game, seems interesting. I'll play it soon.

So I just noticed the pregnancy tag, is it like an ending only or is it a feature with future child or something else?

Reactions: KingmakerVN

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Thanks for the game, seems interesting. I'll play it soon.

So I just noticed the pregnancy tag, is it like an ending only or is it a feature with future child or something else?
It's a feature. Right now it's only half implemented so once you get the character pregnant she stays like that haha. But in the future you'll just be able to impregnate the characters as many times as you want, and what not.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Heh, what's the point of upgrading the stables from lvl 2 to lvl 3? They both have the same profit margin of 10. Going from 35 gold gained and 25 gold upkeep, to 40 gold gained and 30 gold in upkeep.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Heh, what's the point of upgrading the stables from lvl 2 to lvl 3? They both have the same profit margin of 10. Going from 35 gold gained and 25 gold upkeep, to 40 gold gained and 30 gold in upkeep.

Haha that's a good question. At least you get more equipment.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
i still have question :
how to trigger witch quest ?
how to train soldier , since only disband working
The witch one is random.

And to train soldiers you need to increase your logistics to build the barracks or just upgrade the guard station.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes