kingdomai()
File "game/code.rpy", line 9557, in kingdomai
attackraiders(ruler)
File "game/code.rpy", line 11228, in attackraiders
skirmish(army, 'raiders')
File "game/code.rpy", line 7149, in skirmish
EnemyMUnit = 0.0 + 250/EnemySkirmish
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

Also what do i do when i can't train anything with activities in the army camp? Can't spend time and i'm out of AP so i'm stuck.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
The thing with the swordsmanship event is that once the game is close to a finished state the skills won't level up as fast without a tutor. I just make it easier right now so people can get to the dirty scenes relatively fast.
Are you sure that's wise? I don't remember if you intended for people to get everything in one play-through, but you can on baron, but just barely, even then I kind of botch the first gathering to make sure I'm ready for the elves and raiders. Unless you're slowly doing away with time sensitive events, which personally I'd prefer. That or only have one going at a time so a wise player can train up their skills in for the needed event to have them on par in time. Take this with a grain of salt, I haven't tried the new version yet and will probably wait for v12 like you suggested.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Are you sure that's wise? I don't remember if you intended for people to get everything in one play-through, but you can on baron, but just barely, even then I kind of botch the first gathering to make sure I'm ready for the elves and raiders. Unless you're slowly doing away with time sensitive events, which personally I'd prefer. That or only have one going at a time so a wise player can train up their skills in for the needed event to have them on par in time. Take this with a grain of salt, I haven't tried the new version yet and will probably wait for v12 like you suggested.
I don't intend for that to happen once the game is finished. For now I'm ok with making everything available.

I'd probably rewrite the starting scenes of the game and extend the period of grace for those events at least for six months in game, so it shouldn't feel like a race anymore.

Reactions: Furmilk

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
v0.11.1

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 39001, in script
python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 39004, in <module>
kingdomai()
File "game/code.rpy", line 9557, in kingdomai
attackraiders(ruler)
File "game/code.rpy", line 11228, in attackraiders
skirmish(army, 'raiders')
File "game/code.rpy", line 7149, in skirmish
EnemyMUnit = 0.0 + 250/EnemySkirmish
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

Also what do i do when i can't train anything with activities in the army camp? Can't spend time and i'm out of AP so i'm stuck.
Fuck. I didn't thought of that hahaha.

Ok, so probably the easiest fix is to open the commands with ctrl+O I believe. And there you type "atCamp == False" That should bring you back home to pass the time.

11.2 hotfix is out too. -

Reactions: daniqwe

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Yea, I noticed now this game is terrible broken. I restarted my game because suddenly my commoners (Who loved me with 121% somehow) suddenly hated me and killed me. So when I restarted and loaded my save, everything was gone. Everything I have upgraded and even relationships.

Edit: Well it is just version 0.11.1 so I am expecting bugs, but not at this level. Anyway I be back once this game hopefully comes out on steam which I can buy then.
I've heard about that happening with another person, and I'm not quite sure why it's happening since I've only seen it occurring when I active the auto-reload mode.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
hmm, something seems to be messing with the mechanics in stat gains and relationship progressions. it's almost like it keeps saving those starts in persistent save data instead of specific save files. every time i load a previous save out of desire to avoid an event i didn't want or do something better, it carries over some of the progression made previously. i'm not positive but i think this also applies to territory management.

a good example of character progression being messed with is telling rosalyn about the king and eldest son's death. i activated the scene then loaded a save file before i triggered it so i could bump my scheming stat up to keep her in the know and show some trust. but when i tried to trigger it, i only got the choice to spend time with her or leave. i've a strong feeling it's like this with other events with other characters as well.
Yeah, I'm actually quite baffled by it since it happened to me as I tried to create new games to test the scenes. It only went away once I closed the game, but I'm not sure what is causing it since I don't mess with renpy code.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Yeah, I'm actually quite baffled by it since it happened to me as I tried to create new games to test the scenes. It only went away once I closed the game, but I'm not sure what is causing it since I don't mess with renpy code.
that's troubling, considering it affects seeming all the variables in the game it's quite a major bug. but good to know, i'll try closing the game everytime i need to load a save to see if that helps. it's most definitely an exploitable bug for stat gains i've noticed, and with territory management it could help as much as harm the player.

i'll continue bug testing once the new bugfix gets put on more hosting sites. i have problems with mega downloads with any games over a certain size.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
that's troubling, considering it affects seeming all the variables in the game it's quite a major bug. but good to know, i'll try closing the game everytime i need to load a save to see if that helps. it's most definitely an expolitable bug for stat gains i've noticed, and with territory management it could help as much as harm the player.
Yeah, especially since it's so beyond the scope of what I do. Stuff like that really is out of my hands. Maybe I should download a newer version of renpy.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
I mean, this one is 2 years old or so, so I'm dunno about that.
LOL you never know man, some 20 year old toasters work better and break less than new ones.

might be an idea to post on a dev help thread somwhere on this site. another game dev or even a modder might know how to fix this specific issue.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
LOL you never know man, some 20 year old toasters work better and break less than new ones.

might be an idea to post on a dev help thread somwhere on this site. another game dev or even a modder might know how to fix this specific issue.
Yeah, that's a good idea. I should test it out a bit more and then post it.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes