3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

BlaBlubb

Oct 19, 2016
The current problem with the game is, that most of the state holding variables are not recognized by Ren'Py, so they are not saved and will be set to their default values on savegame load. For examples the $skills array does not show up in the variables viewer (Shift+D > Variable Viewer). From playing and reloading a fresh save I can say at least skills, the province improvements and decrees are not saved.

Changing the definition of that skills array from "$skills = [ ... ]" to "default skills = [ ... ]" solved at least that issue. I did not bother to check if that works for other variables too.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
The current problem with the game is, that most of the state holding variables are not recognized by Ren'Py, so they are not saved and will be set to their default values on savegame load. For examples the $skills array does not show up in the variables viewer (Shift+D > Variable Viewer). From playing and reloading a fresh save I can say at least skills, the province improvements and decrees are not saved.

Changing the definition of that skills array from "$skills = [ ... ]" to "default skills = [ ... ]" solved at least that issue. I did not bother to check if that works for other variables too.
Thank you! I was waiting for a reply from the forums so this is very helpful. I'll start changing the variables.

What I find very confusing is that it only caused problems randomly right now after many releases.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019

Although now that I think about it, it probably is because I moved the code to its own script rather than having it in the main one.

• Haha

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
i'm guessing this is one of the problems you're trying to work out, but just stating just in case. I keep getting errors like crazy on 11.3

• Angry
Reactions: rspkers

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
i'm guessing this is one of the problems you're trying to work out, but just stating just in case. I keep getting errors like crazy on 11.3
Do you have the bug report? And is it a new save or an old one?

Last edited:

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
it seems some daily events might be broken. i've noticed the returning soldiers from dead prince's army doesn't add any soldiers to either the castle defense or standing army. not sure which events are bugged like this, but i'm sure there more than just that one.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Do you have the bug report?
it seems some daily events might be broken. i've noticed the returning soldiers from dead prince's army doesn't add any soldiers to either the castle defense or standing army. not sure which events are bugged like this, but i'm sure there more than just that one.
Yeah, since there's a new system for soldiers any event that adds pops or soldiers had to be changed. I thought I had changed all of them, but I forgot about that prince event. Thanks.

Sephi_88

Dec 30, 2017
there is still something wrong with the skill/training mechanic, started new with diplo and martial skills, trained logistics once and poof my starting skills got reset to 0

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
there is still something wrong with the skill/training mechanic, started new with diplo and martial skills, trained logistics once and poof my starting skills got reset to 0
Is this a new save? I can't seem to recreate it.

Raiduo

Dec 29, 2018
Is that the only thing that gets fucked up? Or are there other variables getting fudged?
Well, there are others, sure, but they've been reported by other players already. Like stats dropping to zero if you load from an early game save to a mid-game save (like playing a week 10 save and then loading a week 20 save), events happening when they shouldn't (such as the witch coming to court during a save where her meeting event hasn't happened just because in another save the meeting had happened), etc. I figured I should just report on what other hasn't.

I *think* there might be a missing asset during the Dowager Queen's story line since I spied a red text on the bottom left of the corner saying something or other not found or properly loaded, but I'm not sure what it was and where exactly it happened since I was focusing on trying to get further Ms. Agnes scenes to trigger.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Well, there are others, sure, but they've been reported by other players already. Like stats dropping to zero if you load from an early game save to a mid-game save (like playing a week 10 save and then loading a week 20 save), events happening when they shouldn't (such as the witch coming to court during a save where her meeting event hasn't happened just because in another save the meeting had happened), etc. I figured I should just report on what other hasn't.

I *think* there might be a missing asset during the Dowager Queen's story line since I spied a red text on the bottom left of the corner saying something or other not found or properly loaded, but I'm not sure what it was and where exactly it happened since I was focusing on trying to get further Ms. Agnes scenes to trigger.
I think the issue with that has to do with saves from 11.2 and below. Since they come from screw-up versions they'll remain fucked up in 11.3.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes