3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
They don't exist. I just made those assets for the future haha. I didn't expect people to go looking through the files.
WTF I got baited. :mad: I'm filing a false advertising complaint to the EU as soon as I hit "post reply". The consequences will never be the same, mister.
Jokes aside, I like the game concept. I have a few hundred hours in CK2 so this is right up my alley.
With that out of the way, here's my first bit of feedback: add text box transparency slider please.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
WTF I got baited. :mad: I'm filing a false advertising complaint to the EU as soon as I hit "post reply". The consequences will never be the same, mister.
Jokes aside, I like the game concept. I have a few hundred hours in CK2 so this is right up my alley.
With that out of the way, here's my first bit of feedback: add text box transparency slider please.
Oh now. I'm getting wrecked with the full force of the EU.

That's a good idea. I should check if there's a tutorial out there for that.

Reactions: Phegor

dudecrush01

Apr 7, 2017
Notice a problematic thing with the war mechanic. no mater how much units ion your army, you always lose. A test with fighting the elves nad they keep steamrollingf me with only 3 archers.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Notice a problematic thing with the war mechanic. no mater how much units ion your army, you always lose. A test with fighting the elves nad they keep steamrollingf me with only 3 archers.
Thank you for letting me know. Maybe the terrain and culture bonuses are too high.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
since i don't want all my posts to be about bugs i just want to say i'm looking forward to the next update with more character interactions. also while i haven't yet messed with the army movement stuff, i am liking the map feature and provincial management so much that i'm a bit miffed it's not in baron mode. (as i'm attempting to make a 'cannon' run that passes 90+% of all events) so good job on it's creation.

that said, i think the missing stats on provincial upkeep for defenses, castle walls upkeep, etc. and any other upkeeps is largely detrimental to new players planning things out or even knowing what their in for. i still kinda still wish there was a small set amount of gold (without support bonus or tax edicts) from the farm and roads. (say 5g per upgrade + faction support bonus if any still apply.)

speaking of edicts, i think their stats and possibly mechanics might need overhauled to match the territory management stats where it might apply. i'm very much liking the update (despite the bugs irking me). keep up the good work!

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
since i don't want all my posts to be about bugs i just want to say i'm looking forward to the next update with more character interactions. also while i haven't yet messed with the army movement stuff, i am liking the map feature and provincial management so much that i'm a bit miffed it's not in baron mode. (as i'm attempting to make a 'cannon' run that passes 90+% of all events) so good job on it's creation.

that said, i think the missing stats on provincial upkeep for defenses, castle walls upkeep, etc. and any other upkeeps is largely detrimental to new players planning things out or even knowing what their in for. i still kinda still wish there was a small set amount of gold (without support bonus or tax edicts) from the farm and roads. (say 5g per upgrade + faction support bonus if any still apply.)

speaking of edicts, i think their stats and possibly mechanics might need overhauled to match the territory management stats where it might apply. i'm very much liking the update (despite the bugs irking me). keep up the good work!

Thank you. It took quite a while to create, and evidently, I got quite the tunnel vision with it haha, but I'm glad that it was to your liking. Although it was never contemplated for a player to "pass" all the events so I dunno if it's possible hahaha. At some point I might change that to something like new vegas skill checks.

I actually didn't notice I forgot to add the upkeep until you mentioned it hahaha. I'll add it right now.

Technically you do get gold from farms and roads. More farms mean more pops which in turn means more taxes. Same with roads and merchant tariffs. I didn't want to add a set amount on top of that since I wanted to keep the trade off between raising levies and lowering your taxes.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
How do you get production and lying skills trained?

I was planning to lock them behind certain characters so you can't really train them at the moment. They don't have much use right now though, so it's not a big deal to not be able to do so.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
just encountered an odd bug, when i was skipping text and ended the first scene with the witch the game re-started the event when we march out to meet her. thus creating a 'never ending' loop. luckily it seems tied to skipping text, so i was able to break the loop by ending the scene via manual clicking.

i think this bug might apply to other events like meeting the lords, though i'm not certain on one play though i met lord hugh twice. but it was two days consecutively and not a closed loop unlike with the witch. if i remember right there's a common renpy bug involving the skip feature. this might be it rearing it's annoying head again. (pretty sure other devs have found a fix for it, so it should have been talked about somewhere on the site.)

neither 'loop' caused an error report.

dudecrush01

Apr 7, 2017
Thank you for letting me know. Maybe the terrain and culture bonuses are too high.
Ok i retested and started a fight with thes souht people nad yeah, i can fight a bit outside my teretory but as soon as theright hit my own, i always lose. also notice no mater what i bring, i always my most expensive units first (both for war as well as puting down raids)

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
just encountered an odd bug, when i was skipping text and ended the first scene with the witch the game re-started the event when we march out to meet her. thus creating a 'never ending' loop. luckily it seems tied to skipping text, so i was able to break the loop by ending the scene via manual clicking.

i think this bug might apply to other events like meeting the lords, though i'm not certain on one play though i met lord hugh twice. but it was two days consecutively and not a closed loop unlike with the witch. if i remember right there's a common renpy bug involving the skip feature. this might be it rearing it's annoying head again. (pretty sure other devs have found a fix for it, so it should have been talked about somewhere on the site.)

neither 'loop' caused an error report.
Well that's fucking annoying hahaha. Thank you, I wouldn't have been aware otherwise. Skip really does wonky stuff.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Ok i retested and started a fight with thes souht people nad yeah, i can fight a bit outside my teretory but as soon as theright hit my own, i always lose. also notice no mater what i bring, i always my most expensive units first (both for war as well as puting down raids)
Yea, it's probably cause the hills are op for defending. I should nerf that.

Do you think it would be more useful to send cannon meat? I think it would mean more losses.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Canonically during medieval warfare the cannon fodder were sent in first, knights&nobles and other elites were reserved to after initial battle phase has ended in most cases.

Since you can always get random infantry, but trained and/or noble of birth troops are important to preserve.

Also hopefully there is possibility to have harem when MC finally ends up conquering the world, gotta have concubine from each territory and few from the fatherland. ;)

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Canonically during medieval warfare the cannon fodder were sent in first, knights&nobles and other elites were reserved to after initial battle phase has ended in most cases.

Since you can always get random infantry, but trained and/or noble of birth troops are important to preserve.

Also hopefully there is possibility to have harem when MC finally ends up conquering the world, gotta have concubine from each territory and few from the fatherland. ;)
The canon lore of the world.

Yeah, I thought that beating the enemy fast and avoid a large number of losses would be better, but maybe it the best case could be the opposite. Maybe at some point I could let the player choose.

That last part is definitely a part of the plan, no worries.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
When did this happen?
defending the crown land from some mercs pillaging if i remember right. oddly enough the bug hasn't popped up since, and i've defended the crown land from merc/bandits/etc. 3 times now since that error. i had at least 10 light infantry and some 5 archers in the standing army if i remember right.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
defending the crown land from some mercs pillaging if i remember right. oddly enough the bug hasn't popped up since, and i've defended the crown land from merc/bandits/etc. 3 times now since that error. i had at least 10 light infantry and some 5 archers in the standing army if i remember right.
That one is a bit of a head-scratcher. Either they had no soldiers for some reason that I can't think of, or they were so weak something was registered as a zero. I'll give it a closer look.

Crashen

Oct 2, 2017
Found a bug where I'm stuck paying loans after the final payment. Also buildings aren't paying weekly like it says in the tool tip.

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes