3.40 star(s) 19 Votes

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
got it again KingmakerVN right after the throne room audience (it was week 29)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8324, in script
    python:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 61, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Kingmaker 0.14 0.14
Sat Oct  7 00:06:08 2023
Did you get it on week 30 too? Cause the last story event occurs on week 28. So that is why I think you got the error on that week.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
got it again KingmakerVN right after the throne room audience (it was week 29)
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 61, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Kingmaker 0.14 0.14
Sat Oct  7 00:06:08 2023
Actually I could not recreate it. Are you using a save from an older version?

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Yeah, from the last update. I am going to start a new game, if it still happens I will let you know.
That is interesting. I didn't have an issue with .13 saves. However, the one that I was using was already past week 28. I wonder if that is why.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
do you know why some of the models are bald? KingmakerVN
Hahahahaha did they have hair before that? Or were they always bald?

All the characters are made of multiple images controlled by variables. That is how they change clothes, expressions, hair, etc. However either due to errors while scripting the scene, or some fuck up with a variable stuff like this can happen.

Thank you for letting me know.

• Red Heart
Reactions: papaco_

papaco_

Sep 29, 2020
Hahahahaha did they have hair before that? Or were they always bald?

All the characters are made of multiple images controlled by variables. That is how they change clothes, expressions, hair, etc. However either due to errors while scripting the scene, or some fuck up with a variable stuff like this can happen.

Thank you for letting me know.
Oh i see, at first i thought it was a design choice :LOL: and now it doesn't really bothers me. Ellyn and Jocelyn have always been bald in my game.
Your game is pretty good, so thank u for that :giggle:

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Oh i see, at first i thought it was a design choice :LOL: and now it doesn't really bothers me. Ellyn and Jocelyn have always been bald in my game.
Your game is pretty good, so thank u for that :giggle:
What?! No haha. I actually just checked that same scene and they have hair in my game. Did you download the game from here? Or did you change stuff with commands? I really don't know why they're like that in yours specifically.

And thank you!

papaco_

Sep 29, 2020
What?! No haha. I actually just checked that same scene and they have hair in my game. Did you download the game from here? Or did you change stuff with commands? I really don't know why they're like that in yours specifically.

And thank you!
I downloaded from here (0.13) and the only thing i messed with was the money variable, could that be it? Also, the Witch and the Squire are bald aswell :LOL:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
anyone knows how to get the elf princess? like what must i do to get her to come? thx for the help in advance
Haven't looked at the recent releases so things may have changed, but she used to be tied to one outcome of the elven slaver incursion event. I wrote up a guide for that event here, which again may be outdated.

Reactions: KingmakerVN

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
I downloaded from here (0.13) and the only thing i messed with was the money variable, could that be it? Also, the Witch and the Squire are bald aswell :LOL:
But you're playing on .14?

But no. The money has nothing to do with that. The one that controls all that is loversVars. However I would need to check what it says to know if something messed up with that. Otherwise maybe it has to do with the ram allocated to the game? I don't think the image files are missing. Otherwise an error would pop up.

This is not something that other people have brought up.

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Haven't looked at the recent releases so things may have changed, but she used to be tied to one outcome of the elven slaver incursion event. I wrote up a guide for that event here, which again may be outdated.
Should work more or less the same. If something changed it's probably just the dates, but I don't remember.

Reactions: gregers

papaco_

Sep 29, 2020
But you're playing on .14?

But no. The money has nothing to do with that. The one that controls all that is loversVars. However I would need to check what it says to know if something messed up with that. Otherwise maybe it has to do with the ram allocated to the game? I don't think the image files are missing. Otherwise an error would pop up.

This is not something that other people have brought up.
The first version i ever played was the .13, that's what i meant. If it helps, this is my latest save from .14

Reactions: gta_manic

KingmakerVN

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
The first version i ever played was the .13, that's what i meant. If it helps, this is my latest save from .14
It seems like they have hair on my computer in your save too. Do you happen to have very little ram? I think I messed with something regarding that, and that might also be why some people experience an even slower world map.

papaco_

Sep 29, 2020
It seems like they have hair on my computer in your save too. Do you happen to have very little ram? I think I messed with something regarding that, and that might also be why some people experience an even slower world map.
yeah my other pc got busted so i'm using and old one that only has 4gb of ram

3.40 star(s) 19 Votes