baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
i will add a "bitmapsize" check to the next build, at least so people know why they get that annoying '5' error!

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
the preview images had me intrigued so i'll say i'm a bit disappointed i cannot play it..but i'll survive..i'll just play GGGB again for the 97th time and get over my sadness..lol

Reactions: Yamemai

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
maple_maria.png

in game looks better, we should put more of that in the OP page.

Reiralie

Mythic Manor Lead Concept Writer
Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
The game's art is great. The girls proportions are perfect. :love:

Reactions: JellyB

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
of course u can have full screen, thats why theres a quality option in settings. double click on the title caption.
heres a comparison between the upscale algorithm. comapre.png will only affect while full screen.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Hahaha lol...looks promising I will try after the size of the game is closer to 800 mb(after few months i guess).
Don't let the size fool you lol. There is a lot of art, scenes, and some animations. Our engine keeps the file size very small and it will always be very small.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Congrats on this fine debut, and i really hope this lives to see itself finished. A very nice piece of work.
Thank you very much man! We are extremely happy you liked it! More will be coming in soon. As a matter of fact we just made a new Patreon post about the first update after the demo and the near future. Here is a link if you want to know what is coming.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
in the demo we have:
- 14 unique NPC with chibi & standing pics
- 21 different map locations (including shops and houses)
- 5 different monsters to kill with 72 different items drop from those monsters
- 5 different music track
- 78 different quest/event triggers
- 1 book to read
- 4 x-rated event bundle (a bundle is a set of images in layers to create variations for the event)

the items follow a "godly-system" meaning you can get different stats on the same item, colors title of the item tells if its a good item or not.
a "godly" item means it has the maximum power it can get. example, a common sword can get between 15 and 24 weapon attack. and of course it will also affect the selling price in shops.
all potions and etc items are stack-able and theres a 2 billion limits to it.
it is possible to scroll the items to boost up its power.
potion can be used in the "quick slot" to give yourself HP or MP (no need now). use the key for it.
dying, as beginner there will not be any penalty, but once you take a job, 10% of your experience will be reduced every time you die.
you can warp to different map locations using the world map, but it will cost you money to do so.
as beginner its cheaper, but once you take a job, using the world map to travel will cost x10 more money.
of course the map need to be unlocked before you can do that. to unlock a map u need to survive "x" seconds.
when you unlock the map you can use the "portals" in the map.
portals have a use penalty in monster maps. if you are "busy" attacking, it takes a couple of seconds before the portal are open for you to use. so to prevent that you need to wait and not attack anything.
monsters will attack you if you are not strong enough. they are passive if you are stronger that them and they will only attack you if you provoke them first.
skills you get from reading skillbooks, but since we are in mapleisland theres none yet to be found.
theres 3 beginners skills but those are disabled in the story mode. a free-mode will be added later.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
I haven’t actually played the demo yet but it is looking good as I said the art was fantastic. And I see you added a 1 dollar patreon tier which is low enough for me since I don’t make that much anyway lol. Personally, I would like to hope for group sex and lesbian content in said group sex context but that’s for later on I guess. Otherwise, I will hopefully play the demo tonight and I hope I’ll like it as much as I’m hoping.

Is there any eta for the new demo update you just mentioned? Is it aiming for next month as your patreon says?

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I haven’t actually played the demo yet but it is looking good as I said the art was fantastic. And I see you added a 1 dollar patreon tier which is low enough for me since I don’t make that much anyway lol. Personally, I would like to hope for group sex and lesbian content in said group sex context but that’s for later on I guess. Otherwise, I will hopefully play the demo tonight and I hope I’ll like it as much as I’m hoping.

Is there any eta for the new demo update you just mentioned? Is it aiming for next month as your patreon says?
There will be lesbian sex as well as group sex. Eventually the girls will have to start competing on which should be your main girl. Also certain sisters will be brought together as well.

The next update is not for the demo per say. The demo was the entirety of Maple Island. The next update unlocks a huge chunk of the main game. At the moment we won't know until after Sunday when we start Pre planning the art and writing. It will be a sizeable update.

We also will revisit all the characters in Maple Island. They will start joining you in your journeys as well as send you letters telling you to visit them again.

More on all of that once we start actually planning Lith Harbor.

Reactions: lancecomwar

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
each update will add a new area. and with that new npc, monsters, quests etc.
the x-rated content will be depending on the npc we have in that area. we will have polls in our patreon page, where we will list a couple of different events we could do in that area or in a previous area.

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
@well-Known Member
I tried your suggested method and it did not change the screen size. Other games require changing a resolution, not the quality in that resolution. Therefore, I end this post here.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
There will be lesbian sex as well as group sex. Eventually the girls will have to start competing on which should be your main girl. Also certain sisters will be brought together as well.

The next update is not for the demo per say. The demo was the entirety of Maple Island. The next update unlocks a huge chunk of the main game. At the moment we won't know until after Sunday when we start Pre planning the art and writing. It will be a sizeable update.

We also will revisit all the characters in Maple Island. They will start joining you in your journeys as well as send you letters telling you to visit them again.

More on all of that once we start actually planning Lith Harbor.
Hm I like the sound of that. One problem I tend to have with these games is that the girls are too segmented from each other. I like the idea of the main girls interacting with each other and not just having a side girl for the threesome or whatever

Anywho I’m excited to see what you’ve got coming up and to play the demo when I get home

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
update:
- added fullscreen option, sound and music volume in settings, added settings in login page as well.
bugs:
- fixed sam loop bug, shop bug, missing reward chest
- misc-count for done quests is fixed and updated.

settings.png

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Last update before we continue with the next zone.
version 0.1f improves the settings with more options and fixes a couple of bugs.
the old saves are not compatible so you can't extract in the same folder.

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes