tehfish

Aug 22, 2016
Currently trying this on an older laptop (mine is currently out for warranty repair) And i'm finding the entire game screen flashing pure white for an instant every 10 secs or so (both windowed and fullscreen)

Gpu driver incompatibility perhaps? (system is a lenovo x220 on win10 with a 2nd gen i5 cpu/igpu)

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Currently trying this on an older laptop (mine is currently out for warranty repair) And i'm finding the entire game screen flashing pure white for an instant every 10 secs or so (both windowed and fullscreen)

Gpu driver incompatibility perhaps? (system is a lenovo x220 on win10 with a 2nd gen i5 cpu/igpu)
Yeah that's what it sounds like. We have been working on compatibility to make sure everything is working for everyone. Give us a bit to look into it. Either we figure it out and patch it, ask you to wait for the next update where we added a bit more for compatibility or may just see how your other computer fairs.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
in the next build there will be 3 modes:
- full direct2d, for those with good enough gpu.
- direct2d+gdi, for those with low gpu memory but still can use direct2d to rendering.
- gdi mode, for those with issues with direct2d. this mode dont have any upscale filter (only stretch) and when moving on maps there will be stuttering.

Xig320

May 23, 2017
So i played this game until the encounter of Mai and Mai, and i wanted to share my thoughts:

The gameplay is kinda ok, considering that it has loot dropping so farming a zone isn't bad, but i'm sure my Z button might take some rest after that. Exp multiplicator is a real life saver honestly, otherwise i wouldn't have lasted that much.

The point and click don't really bother me and add some cool interations (even if the Chosen One always get f*cked up) but this leads to my next point.

The Dialogue window is either really large or the text is too small. There is too much text written and sometimes , i have hard time to actually read the text as there is nearly no space between sentences. It becomes a wall of text and even if jokes and memes are really well writen, i can't stand reading 4 pages in a row and simply skipping all the way.

Art is great, and proportions are nice.

Considering my point on Text, this next review might change if text is fixed but i do things characters are a bit too much.
Cliches and stereotypes are sometimes good ( Mai and her sister Mai), sometimes a bit wierd (blond girl form the start who is naive) and soemtimes just NO (the Guy who sells his mushrooms).
It may just be me but i can't understand what was the point creating this guy, it tutor you at first and then it's retarded.

I had no issues with the game otherwise and the Main Menu is well done.

TLDR Pros:
-Great Art
-Gameplay Ok
-Great Point and Click/Searching
-Exp Multiplicator is your savior
-Some Charcter Design are Ok...

Cons:
-... but some are just plain useless or bring something barely fun to the table
-Text interface doesn't want you to read the actual text and drags you out to the gameplay part

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
So i played this game until the encounter of Mai and Mai, and i wanted to share my thoughts:

The gameplay is kinda ok, considering that it has loot dropping so farming a zone isn't bad, but i'm sure my Z button might take some rest after that. Exp multiplicator is a real life saver honestly, otherwise i wouldn't have lasted that much.

The point and click don't really bother me and add some cool interations (even if the Chosen One always get f*cked up) but this leads to my next point.

The Dialogue window is either really large or the text is too small. There is too much text written and sometimes , i have hard time to actually read the text as there is nearly no space between sentences. It becomes a wall of text and even if jokes and memes are really well writen, i can't stand reading 4 pages in a row and simply skipping all the way.

Art is great, and proportions are nice.

Considering my point on Text, this next review might change if text is fixed but i do things characters are a bit too much.
Cliches and stereotypes are sometimes good ( Mai and her sister Mai), sometimes a bit wierd (blond girl form the start who is naive) and soemtimes just NO (the Guy who sells his mushrooms).
It may just be me but i can't understand what was the point creating this guy, it tutor you at first and then it's retarded.

I had no issues with the game otherwise and the Main Menu is well done.

TLDR Pros:
-Great Art
-Gameplay Ok
-Great Point and Click/Searching
-Exp Multiplicator is your savior
-Some Charcter Design are Ok...

Cons:
-... but some are just plain useless or bring something barely fun to the table
-Text interface doesn't want you to read the actual text and drags you out to the gameplay part
Thanks for this! I am still trying to see how much writing is just right but the text space is something we will look into.
Thanks for the review man! We appreciate it!

Edit: Also I should mention the first update for King's Fall has a crap ton of QOL improvements. We will be detailing more as the days come in but we are getting closer to fixing, writing, and addition of art in the game.

Reactions: Xig320

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
update. theres 3 display modes:
- window
- maximize (previously named fullscreen) this mode will stretch the window and use the upscale filter (quality settings)
- fullscreen (new mode) this will change the screen resolution as close 800x600 possible.

the last mode will help for those that can't read well and feel the upscale filter is not good enough.
so, this will hopefully help Xig320 to read the small fonts.

this game has the resolution of 800x600, its quite low for todays standard. the assets used in this game is that low, we can compare with rpgmaker xp/vc.

Reactions: James Eveleth
Jul 27, 2017
Great game so far, and love the constant updates! I hope you can implement save transfers at one point so we don't have to start from scratch each time a new area is added. Keep up the good work!

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
it should not be like this each time. the reason the saves don't work is because we add new features that require the character data to be altered. later on we will work on areas not features and that will not affect the saves.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Bruh this game's artstyle kinda gives me some major Insexual Awakening vibes. Especially that first pic. (That's a great thing though)
We will let our artist know what you said, thanks for the kind words!

Also as an update to well the next update lol; it's looking to be a massive update. There will be a Patreon post tomorrow that I will share tomorrow. Writing is about 75% done and all we really need is the art.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
log:
updated the settings yet again.
when fullscreen, depending on your monitor, it could stretch the window and will not preserve the 4:3 aspect ratio, not all monitors do that of course. to fix this, the fullscreen mode gets a resolution option, so its possible to adjust it if needed.
up to 5 modes, depending on your computer. for me I got 3 modes and 1176x664 worked ok.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017

Some news about the new update. We hope to get it out by the end of May but that might change to sometime earlier. It depends on the art being done on time. Enjoy!

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
bestiary is done.
similar to quest-list, it will show all monsters in the area, and it is possible to browse all areas using the arrow keys.
clicking on a monster will show more statistics and drops. here its possible to browse the other monsters using the arrows or use up arrow to return to area-view.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017

This one talks about 2 more additions to the next update. It's becoming the largest update we ever made even more so than the demo. We will talk more about the next update very soon.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017

A nice Look at what is also coming in the next update as well as a first hand look at the Main Characters Art.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
so far the Mc has 7 different face emotions.
of course we will add more when needed.
still we are a very small team with full time jobs and we also want to add the npc and events.
theres a lot of work to be done and we can't do everything, we need to prioritize.
we also want to release the next update as soon possible.
the facepalm is a nice idea and definitely a to-do. :)

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
so far the Mc has 7 different face emotions.
of course we will add more when needed.
still we are a very small team with full time jobs and we also want to add the npc and events.
theres a lot of work to be done and we can't do everything, we need to prioritize.
we also want to release the next update as soon possible.
the facepalm is a nice idea and definitely a to-do. :)
Thanks! I know that it's hard to develop a game as a small team, especially one with such a big scope. Sometimes people's ideas will clash with your vision of the game and sometimes what looks like a small addition will actually increase your workload by quite a lot.
I don't want you to view my comment as a "You have to do this!", I just wanted to give an idea about how you could increase the visual humor of the game by using a feature you already have plans to implement.
Best of luck with development, love what you guys have created so far. Can't wait to see and read more tidbits of what's to come!

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Thanks! I know that it's hard to develop a game as a small team, especially one with such a big scope. Sometimes people's ideas will clash with your vision of the game and sometimes what looks like a small addition will actually increase your workload by quite a lot.
I don't want you to view my comment as a "You have to do this!", I just wanted to give an idea about how you could increase the visual humor of the game by using a feature you already have plans to implement.
Best of luck with development, love what you guys have created so far. Can't wait to see and read more tidbits of what's to come!
We're getting there. Once art is all done it will be a fairly quick turn around for adding it. After all that we just have to test it which might be a pain in the ass but we will see. Regardless the release is upcoming we just can't promise a date but hopefully we will soon.

Edit: Thanks for the kind words as well!

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes