James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Wow, this game is great! I started it not knowing what to expect and was quickly blown away by the humor and quirkiness of the characters. I even laughed out loud a few times at the antics of the good natured idiots populating the island.

The erotic content has a feeling of progression. The art is great, the only gripe I had with it was that on fullscreen it loses quality fast. Still, that didn't hurt the experience too much.

Combat was well explained and balanced, there wasn't too much grinding, the drops were generous. The gameplay is a breath of fresh air in the sea of low effort VN and RPGM games.

Suggestions:
  • -make the doors and exits in monster areas easily clickable, either by right click or some other way. It took me quite a while to enter the abandoned house in one of the areas and sometimes I had to try every possible way just to exit the area I'd cleared.
  • -secrets guide? I found a few, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a whole lot of them and I don't really know how to find them.
  • -the shopkeepers should have an option just for dialogue, since clicking on them opens the trade window and I still have 2/5 interactions with Lucy and 2/4 with Pan. Might be a bug, since I triggered the chest scene with Lucy and the number didn't increase. Also, her face lines make her look like an old lady, while she has art that looks much more attractive.
  • -holding Shift makes the screen scroll faster. This one felt intuitive to me and made me stumble when I found it missing.
  • -some sort if a hint system. I still don't know who my PC felt was calling out to him when about to set sail and haven't found the new scenes that the game told me had been unlocked after completing the Elder's quest.
  • -quest and NPC log. Victoria Island looks almost impossibly huge and some way to keep track of who is where and what quests you need to complete for them would be crucial for the player not to lose track.
  • -the drops confused me a bit. Since creation of a female character is impossible as of now, the female drops were only good for selling. They would be fine if there were female companions in future builds who you can equip them on, though.
I really enjoyed my time with this game and will follow its development with great interest. Good luck!

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Wow, this game is great! I started it not knowing what to expect and was quickly blown away by the humor and quirkiness of the characters. I even laughed out loud a few times at the antics of the good natured idiots populating the island.

The erotic content has a feeling of progression. The art is great, the only gripe I had with it was that on fullscreen it loses quality fast. Still, that didn't hurt the experience too much.

Combat was well explained and balanced, there wasn't too much grinding, the drops were generous. The gameplay is a breath of fresh air in the sea of low effort VN and RPGM games.

Suggestions:
  • -make the doors and exits in monster areas easily clickable, either by right click or some other way. It took me quite a while to enter the abandoned house in one of the areas and sometimes I had to try every possible way just to exit the area I'd cleared.
  • -secrets guide? I found a few, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a whole lot of them and I don't really know how to find them.
  • -the shopkeepers should have an option just for dialogue, since clicking on them opens the trade window and I still have 2/5 interactions with Lucy and 2/4 with Pan. Might be a bug, since I triggered the chest scene with Lucy and the number didn't increase. Also, her face lines make her look like an old lady, while she has art that looks much more attractive.
  • -holding Shift makes the screen scroll faster. This one felt intuitive to me and made me stumble when I found it missing.
  • -some sort if a hint system. I still don't know who my PC felt was calling out to him when about to set sail and haven't found the new scenes that the game told me had been unlocked after completing the Elder's quest.
  • -quest and NPC log. Victoria Island looks almost impossibly huge and some way to keep track of who is where and what quests you need to complete for them would be crucial for the player not to lose track.
  • -the drops confused me a bit. Since creation of a female character is impossible as of now, the female drops were only good for selling. They would be fine if there were female companions in future builds who you can equip them on, though.
I really enjoyed my time with this game and will follow its development with great interest. Good luck!
Thank you very much! It makes us very happy you enjoyed the game so we hope to not disappoint you in the future. All your notes have been copied on our end so we can see if we can work them in. Again thank you very much!

Also to everyone else we just put out a new update. Unfortunately it does break saves. We will try not to do that again or at least not frequently but sometimes it's our only choice. Pre-production on the new update started today so expect news sometime this week. We also created a poll to see who the favorite characters are so far. You can find links to the new update as well as the character poll in this link.

We will talk more again in the near future!

Reactions: James Eveleth

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its a clicker game. u move your mouse and click and stuff. npc, objects, doors, portals, monsters etc.
u move the screen using the arrow keys.
a clicker game is a genre. most clickers u only have 1 screen and u click on something to make damage, u upgrade to make more damage and so on. this clicker is also a rpg and a visual novel.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
iam stay invisible what can i do ??
There is no MC Sprite. It's a point and click. Move around using the arrow keys by default (You can change it to WASD by pressing K) and click around. The exit for the first area is in the top right corner of the screen. All exit portals in the demo are the right side of the screen.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
updates:
a few complained that they couldn't see the portals or clicking the portals did nothing.
well, i added a new portal animation, bigger and more visible, also, when the portals can't be used they are not shown at all.
the reason the portals don't show is due to a rpg-element. if u enter a map with monsters theres a penalty to do action, as monsters should also be given change to act. the same when u attack, the portals can't be used, u need to "wait" until its your turn to do that. of course using the world map u can escape, but that will cost u money.
here's the new portal animation.
Image4.png

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
We're also doing a line of NPC Updates on the Patreon as we "refurbish" it to make it more appealing.
These updates are to tell you who the NPC's are but also give you insight on what we have planned for the future. The first one up is Admin. Enjoy!

PanduhPete

Apr 2, 2018
Mega Link doesn't work. Says file is no longer available. EDIT: checked all the other links and none of them worked for me.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
page 3, I posted the updated version 0.1f

Last update before we continue with the next zone.
version 0.1f improves the settings with more options and fixes a couple of bugs.
the old saves are not compatible so you can't extract in the same folder.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
im hosting those 3 links and i know they are available. try again. (I dont have access to the OP, so I can't update the links)

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
updates:
- added backlog. using the "left" key will allow you to go back to previous pages.
- added "skip text" button, that can be configured in key-settings. (to fast forward)
- new graphics for quest-boxes, this to show what kind of quest the npc have.
- info popup explanation for the stats in the inventory.
- improved prologue with animation and its own music.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
update: the story will lead the MC to Perion where he will join the warrior job. but it will take a bit before we reach that area. BGE decided that we will release the beginners skills, that can be bought in Amherst, Sid's shop, just for fun.

we have Three Snails, an attacking skill that consumes MP for damage. Recovery that will give you HP every 10 seconds and Nimble Feet that will increase the movement speed.

to use Three Snails you need to decide to bind it with left or right mouse button. that you do in the skills page. click to active/disactivate. when you attack, using left or right mouse button it will attack with the selected skill, if you have enough MP, otherwise it will do a normal attack. middle mouse button always do a normal attack.

supportive skills, such as Recovery/Nimble Feet will get a shortcut key (can be configured in key-settings) default they will get a function key (F1-F12) using the key will use the supportive skill for a MP cost and for a duration of "x" seconds. higher the level of the skill more seconds will it last and stronger the power. it is also possible to make the supportive skills to run automatically and re-run when the time runs out, that you do in the skills page clicking on the supportive skill to activate it.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017

We're still working on the next update but this will tell you what we have been working alongside the new Town. Some good changes and more are detailed so make sure to look it over!

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
update:
so, some people couldn't run it initially, but after some work, i manage to lower the requirement to 8192 bitmapsize. still theres people that can't run it as the integrated gpu can't handle 8192.
i have worked a couple of days to create a fix for this. the solution was to create 2 modules. when the gpu couldn't run 8192, it will use cpu memory.
the gdi module will still use direct2d, but only when rendering to the window, everything else will be performed by gdi. that means the performance will be slower and the fadein/fadeout effects will stutter a bit.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
we released 0.1f april the 21st, so its not the progress/updates u can read in this page. (check page 3)
that update fixes a couple of bugs and added more options in settings. old saves dont work. need to start from scratch.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
update:
the quest-list is updated with more features.
- browse all zones available to view the npc's of that area using the "arrows" keys.
- click a npc to warp to its location, with a fee.
- "new" will tell you the NPC has a new quest open or you finished a mission.

and more:
- lith harbor is added, all maps and monsters are in place.
- monster respawn rate are adjusted. (when you enter a map all monsters get +1000 points, to slower the rate, after each kill, 100 points gets removed, so after a bit the monsters will spawn faster)

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes