HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Another week another Blog Update. This week we have more QOL improvements, a delay for the next Free Mode Update, and we now have a schedule for art! Patrons will now see Line Art on Tuesday's and the full colored art the following Thursday. We have about 40% of the art done now but in the coming weeks we will hit the 100%. This Blog Update has line art and colored art attached so come take a peek so you can see what our artist has been working on!

Reactions: James Eveleth

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
We released a Blog update yesterday talking more about the story in Henesys but on top of that we put out a new update for Free Mode to mess around with. The links for both are right here. Enjoy and let us know how Free Mode is for you all!

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
maybe you think, why waste time on free-mode, do kings fall.
but its not that easy, we need to wait for the new art to be made and that takes time, with that support we have now, we can get some new art every month, but its not enough to be able to release once a month, its more like every 3-4 months or so. nothing we can do about. so, instead of just waiting and doing nothing, me and Haseo are working on the free-mode.
and free-mode is also a way to try new features. the free-mode uses the latest build and a lot has changed.
i think this update is quite good if u ask me. even if its sfw, its fun.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
It's a Point and Click but the good news is that we are adding things to make it more like you are playing the side scroller version of Maple Story. More on that in the coming weeks.
Actually, for me that is not good news. (n)

Thank you for your reply and good luck with your game! :)

P.S.: It seems most often that it is spelled Maplestory or MapleStory . I don't know why camel-case writing is so popular in CJK countries, but oh well. :unsure:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
maple.x is the actual engine and its a clicker/rpg/vn re-imagination of maplestory.
the idea is to get the same feeling of maplestory but with new features and more like a normal rpg-game, focused on story.
the clicker-mode is to kill faster and move faster, plus theres settings to increase exp-rate to x10 if you want.

of course I try to make the game as fun possible, adding features and lots of stuff and things to do.
but the main objective is King's Fall, the story and the art and of course the sex.

if you ever played maplestory and enjoyed it, you should definitely try this one, just for the nostalgic part.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
im working on a library, the purpose is to be able to browse all items in the database.
right now its possible to see all the items, but it will also be possible to click on a item to get extended information.
im planning on adding what monster drop it (if any), if its on a gachapon somewhere or u can get it from a shop or a quest reward.
library.png

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Another blog update for you all. We give you a progress report on all the towns and how many quests are are looking to do as well as a look at a new feature called The Library. This feature gives you access to every single weapon, Item, NPC, and any other thing inside the game. Pretty much a built in Wiki you can access in game.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
We finally have what we need to release the update! The projected release date is going to be early to mid February but next week I will know for sure! Come check out the preview for Asuna, a sneak peak of a Dream Scene, and also Free Mode update

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Our Blog Post this week has the following.

-Free Mode Henesys is releasing the 31st of Jan
-King's Fall Henesys is looking to release Feb 14th but this might change. Might.
-A look at the Bowman Job Skills for Free Mode
-Release dates for Asuna's artwork which start tomorrow for Line Art, Thursday for Full Color, and next Tuesday for Nude.

totemguy1

Aug 14, 2018
I'm having problems with the .rar file
Says it's "an unknown format or corrupted

I tried all download links, even the 0.2D one
Checked bit map size, it's 16k.

I played it once before but now it won't work anymore. Any ideas why?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
totemguy1 Common issue for unpackers that don't support RAR5 compression. Update your unpacking program. Every single person I heard having a problem with that was using an outdated [at the time] version of theirs. My personal go-to is .

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I'm having problems with the .rar file
Says it's "an unknown format or corrupted

I tried all download links, even the 0.2D one
Checked bit map size, it's 16k.

I played it once before but now it won't work anymore. Any ideas why?
My internet is being really shitty right now so I can't upload a new build without it taking like 2 hours. If you want an immediate result, I would do as Tsugumi said.

totemguy1

Aug 14, 2018
totemguy1 Common issue for unpackers that don't support RAR5 compression. Update your unpacking program. Every single person I heard having a problem with that was using an outdated [at the time] version of theirs. My personal go-to is .
IT WORKED

So simple, thanks for your help!

Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Another blog post this week. We got:

1. One last recap of quests before we release (A picture showing how many quests we're looking at)
2. A look at the 2 Events of the game aka sex scenes
3. We're still on track to release the update on the 14th. More on this next week.

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Darn, getting the runtime error and when I searched if there's a fix on here, seems it should have been already. Was able to play the initial, or ver 0.2, too.

Oh well, liked the game, and glad to see progress, but can't play it now.

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes