HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Darn, getting the runtime error and when I searched if there's a fix on here, seems it should have been already. Was able to play the initial, or ver 0.2, too.

Oh well, liked the game, and glad to see progress, but can't play it now.
Can you share a screenshot of the error or what the error says exactly?

Chota629

Jul 17, 2018
Keep getting this when I download the zip from any of the sources. Just checking if anyone else was getting it as well or if they just passed it through without the check. I know there are a decent amount of false positives with different games, but wanted to make sure on this one as PonyStealer isn't fun to deal with.
Kings_Fall021.rar.part is infected with Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.Wm0@neaHOYbi. The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Keep getting this when I download the zip from any of the sources. Just checking if anyone else was getting it as well or if they just passed it through without the check. I know there are a decent amount of false positives with different games, but wanted to make sure on this one as PonyStealer isn't fun to deal with.
Kings_Fall021.rar.part is infected with Gen:Heur.PonyStealer.Wm0@neaHOYbi. The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.
The engine that King's Fall runs on was hand made and thus doesn't have a license attached to it, that's why we get flagged. I can guarantee that the game is safe.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I want to explain something. (responding the reviewer)
I have spent thousands of hours to create maple.x, for free in my spare time. I started this project +2 years ago.
Its not just the engine, but thousands of icons, tons of chibi files, map files, creating a map-editor, quest-editor etc, a huge database, all assets are extracted and edited by hand.
If our artist could do the same we would have cg and animation for all chibis and plus some more.
But the reality is that he can spare very little time for our project. So what can we do? Me and the writer we add more quests, more features, even the "free-mode" story.
So to expect more is insulting. We do as much we can, and of course we want more, but its impossible. It will take time.
We have 3 patrons, and we are working for them, not for ungrateful people that dont understand how hard it is to be an unpaid developer. Pay our artist so he can work full time and he will give you all the xxx you want. and thats our goal, to be able to pay him so he can be working full time for maple.x and future projects. right now we are where we are and im working for free in my spare time, the same our writer.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah,
so, you start in maple island, u get all the cities, mushroom town, amherst and southperry. in southperry u take the ship to lith harbor.
u can also visit pig beach and kill Mano, and this update we unlock Henesys.
I have done most of Victoria Island, but the story and custom art takes lots of time to make. but eventually u will be able to visit all the cities in victoria island, meat all the job instructors, take any of the 5 jobs. u will be able to go to sleepywood and mushroom castle as well + other areas. Kerning City Party Quest is already created, but will be added together with Kerning City.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
maple.x is a "mod/sim" of maple.story. king's fall is a story that takes place in maple.story.
we only take credit to custom art and our story.
not sure the need to write that, maybe u should not be in f95zone if u feel like that.
for me, its about creativity, and thats how I see it. so take your popcorn and eat it somewhere else.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Yea, that is most defintly some maple story graphics stolen to be placed in this title. Might wanna get some popcorn for the law suit that will create if they find out.
Except we have never claimed ownership of any asset. It even says directly on our Patron that any and all money we gain is paid to our artist to draw characters from the universe. That falls directly under parody. You can't sue over what is overall a mod using original artwork.

Reactions: James Eveleth

Gooblygoop

Jun 2, 2017
Is there no way to change the way your character looks at the creation screen? it just looks like there should be a method that i am not seeing.
1583107325824.png

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
no, playing the story "Kings Fall", will have a specific look, since we are using his character in-game as well.
if u change to "free-mode", u can change gender, eyes, eye color, hair, hair color and skin.
that is why u can see different parameters of the character.
theres 255 different hair styles with 8 different colors each
153 different face styles with 9 eye colors
and 4 different skin colors, including nude, bikini or undershirt variations.
male and female has their own styles. giving u +33 millions variation for each gender.

Reactions: James Eveleth

AAkula

Sep 10, 2017
Except we have never claimed ownership of any asset. It even says directly on our Patron that any and all money we gain is paid to our artist to draw characters from the universe. That falls directly under parody. You can't sue over what is overall a mod using original artwork.
It isnt about claiming ownership, its about the company protecting its IP. Good example is Streets of Rage Remake. They never even had a patreon and were making the entire game for free, and Sega came in and threatened lawsuit. Im not saying it will happen, I am saying CAN happen and the fact that you are still using someone elses assets AND you are getting funding for dev, weather that funding goes to new assests doesnt matter to the lawyers and it is something that is possible due to the way copyright law works sadly.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
It isnt about claiming ownership, its about the company protecting its IP. Good example is Streets of Rage Remake. They never even had a patreon and were making the entire game for free, and Sega came in and threatened lawsuit. Im not saying it will happen, I am saying CAN happen and the fact that you are still using someone elses assets AND you are getting funding for dev, weather that funding goes to new assests doesnt matter to the lawyers and it is something that is possible due to the way copyright law works sadly.
If that happens then so be it. We have projects on the side that are being built to help give more to people outside King's Fall. Overall King's Fall was a project to test the waters on what we can do when we use our own engine. We would love for it to succeed but if it fails it's nothing but a hurdle while we make other projects and engines. The fact we got MS working offline and made changes that vastly improve on even MS's current framework tells us we can do more and we will.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
try to run this program https://f95zone.to/threads/kings-fall-v0-2-1-bastard-games.28966/page-2#post-1816800
if u can not run it, it means your system cant use direct2d. if u can run it, tell me the number u get.
and if u can run it, do u play inside a window or fullscreen, since its VM?

I have removed support for GDI. it could be that, this version need direct2d support.
maybe u need to install something?

if so, maybe this could help

what is your main system?
if linux/mac, did u try

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 27 Votes