baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
there's a bug when u try to enter a jump-quest.
use this together with the 2.6.2 release only.

shiwor

Mar 9, 2021
how grindy is this game? and seeing it has corruption routers like does the gallery get 100% if i reach the latest update or i have to make a new game for the other scenes to unlock? this games looks nice i might try it.

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
Yeah all your comments have lead us to fix everything. The Making Enemies quest is probably just a bug with the Tracker not ticking it to complete, same with Renka.

Send your save.sav and I'll manually correct them
The Making enemies quest I could see being a bug with the tracker, but the Renka quest is definitely not, the "bathing beauty" step requiring you to beat her 3 more times in the beach hunting zone, after the previous step, then talk to her in the empty town. Then the next step is to beat her in pig pasture and talk to her on the nautilus. I beat her and talked to her for the step before bathing beauty, but did not beat her more for the bath step, before seeing that month later event that forced her to pig pasture, so I couldn't beat her at the beach to get the bath to proc.
Oddly though, despite that I just went to the empty town in 2.6.2 intending to talk to Asuna for a quest and Bathing Beauty just proced. So, wierd.

For Making Enemies, though, looking back at the log, part 5 "Raul's Message" at the bowmen's lead to part 7 "Raul" and "A New Side Of Her" at the "Road to the Dungeon", but part 6 "Curiosity" isn't in the log, I don't think I've actually seen it, and I'm not sure how or when you are supposed to trigger it, the hint just says "Share an intimate moment with Athena" and it is currently listed as unavailable.
As far as fixing it goes, is it possible to just tell me what is needed/when/where/how you are supposed to trigger that scene, and un-do anything i might have done that closed access to that scene, if anything? I'd like to avoid missing whatever scenes on my path I can.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
small update. the "-set" items can not be sold/recycled. that means if u get those they will take a slot. not good.
here's a fix: (u still need 2.6.2b that u can find a few post up, download that first, extract and download this after)

next friday I will make another "full" release with all the fixes.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
how grindy is this game? and seeing it has corruption routers like does the gallery get 100% if i reach the latest update or i have to make a new game for the other scenes to unlock? this games looks nice i might try it.
If you equip the Beginner Medal at the start you basically turn on easy mode and you don't really have to struggle with anything. Equipped with a way to buy most of the monster Materials, you can basically turn off the grind completely. Killing monsters is probably the only you will have to do but that actually won't take as long as you might think.

The Making enemies quest I could see being a bug with the tracker, but the Renka quest is definitely not, the "bathing beauty" step requiring you to beat her 3 more times in the beach hunting zone, after the previous step, then talk to her in the empty town. Then the next step is to beat her in pig pasture and talk to her on the nautilus. I beat her and talked to her for the step before bathing beauty, but did not beat her more for the bath step, before seeing that month later event that forced her to pig pasture, so I couldn't beat her at the beach to get the bath to proc.
Oddly though, despite that I just went to the empty town in 2.6.2 intending to talk to Asuna for a quest and Bathing Beauty just proced. So, wierd.

For Making Enemies, though, looking back at the log, part 5 "Raul's Message" at the bowmen's lead to part 7 "Raul" and "A New Side Of Her" at the "Road to the Dungeon", but part 6 "Curiosity" isn't in the log, I don't think I've actually seen it, and I'm not sure how or when you are supposed to trigger it, the hint just says "Share an intimate moment with Athena" and it is currently listed as unavailable.
As far as fixing it goes, is it possible to just tell me what is needed/when/where/how you are supposed to trigger that scene, and un-do anything i might have done that closed access to that scene, if anything? I'd like to avoid missing whatever scenes on my path I can.
So the Athena Curiosity quest is actually in the wrong spot on the list. It's supposed to unlock after Part 8 but it's in Part 5 instead. Keep playing and it'll actually just unlock naturally but this next update will auto correct the spot within the Quest Tracker

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
MEMESSS
don't worry. theres many modes u can play and many ways to fasten the leveling. u have leveling coins, chapter badges, stamps, coupons, special medals and u can adjust experience to up to x10 + bonuses from codex. I mean, its based on pre-bbb but it should go much faster, still u get that feeling of the original maple. also, its a "clicker" so u don't need to move around the chibi, u just point and click to kill. so u can kill everything on the viewing screen in seconds. and theres a autoclick (that from level1-20 are also faster for free players)
u have a visible/playable chibi "ONLY" when doing jump-quest. and u have visible/movable chibi when doing party quest. otherwise its a clicker game.

LonelyRetard69
check the OP (opening post) the password is there.

also u need to update the game to 2.6.2b2

Last edited:

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So finally got around to playing this after letting it sit on my computer for so long, and I can say its not for me. But, I didn't come to just say that useless info. I never played Maple story, as a kid for my web based games I played Adventure Quest, and im sure many people haven't as well. Coming into the game with the slow movement of the camera is such a turn off. I get that its gameplay related and later on you can increase it, but my first impression was really bad because of it. It felt like trying to run through mud. I had to play the game with CE, and that made me run into other issues. Making it a game mechanic is cool, and I don't think you should remove it, but I think you should really consider making the basegames, without any buffs higher, and make external buffs less important.

Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
RedPillBlues
u should try that latest build. u get increased movement level1-20 and theres specific medal to make the game easier.
theres 3 medals that u can equip, one to make it "safe", one to see all the scenes in recollection and one for challeging mode if u want hardcore mode. also, theres equipments at start to make it even easier.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
So, a few more comments from me, on the new version.

So the Athena Curiosity quest is actually in the wrong spot on the list. It's supposed to unlock after Part 8 but it's in Part 6 instead. Keep playing and it'll actually just unlock naturally but this next update will auto correct the spot within the Quest Tracker
That's good to know, I guess I'll see it when I see it. Glad adding the step Titles helped clear up my confusion.

-New players from levels 1-20 will now have access to every Setting. Upon reaching level 21, the settings will be locked to default again. This is to add a bit more assistance to newer players as greater options can be found after Maple Island
I didn't see any sign of this. I put the game in a new folder to have a clean new save, and the settings menu didn't allow anything I didn't have in my lvl 48 character. Only thing I noticed that might have been different was the addition of a "novice guide" buff to levels 11-20, to go with the "beginners guide" buff for lvl 1-10 I remember seeing when I started in 2.6.1 last week. The novice guide might have been there before and I just missed it, though.

One related thing, however. One thing i find annoying about this game is that if it thinks you're acting too fast, it'll lock up and block any mouse clicks or key presses, and put a purple border on the edge of the screen. When I started for real and played through, it pretty much only happened if i tried using an autoclicker other than the built-in one, but now something about the beginner and novice guides set it off. With the novice guide, it'll trigger only when holding the mouse down with the inbuilt autoclicker on while using the keyboard to move around the map. But with the beginner guide, just using the keyboard to move or holding the mouse down for the built-in autoclicker, either will trigger it quite fast. Haven't had it trigger on my main char outside using a real auto-clicker, though.

-Added 7 Lore Books
I'm going to presume the changelog just didn't mention that you need to complete certain quests to get these to show up, even after you unlock the locations they're supposed to show up in? One plus for these is that it's much easier to find them in the Library and get a clue where you're supposed to find them, but the ones in Henesys and the Empty Town aren't showing up where it says. I'll spoiler this bit to be polite to those that want to find these themselves.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm guessing there's more I need to do to unlock them, seeing as I haven't touched the flower girl or the sleeping shopkeep, and wasn't planning to until I saw other people requiring I work with them to some degree, but I thought I'd mention it in case it wasn't intended.

Last for now, a small comment/suggestion on the overrides. I do understand the reason they're there, and I may be misunderstanding how they work, but there are some people who may select an override dialogue looking for an explanation for what that particular one does, only for it to directly activate and maybe not be one they actually want to activate. overrides for corruption paths when someone is trying a romance playthrough, for instance, or vice versa. It's why iI am avoiding the one that says it's for Leonore's corruption. Maybe it'd be a good idea to adjust the override dialogues to first explain that what that particular one does and then ask if they want it applied to the current playthrough? Though again, I could be misunderstanding how exactly the overrides work

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yes, u right, its too sensible the hammer-protection. I adjusted it. should be better now.
u don't need to download the other fixes/patches. b3 is enough.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
So, a few more comments from me, on the new version.

That's good to know, I guess I'll see it when I see it. Glad adding the step Titles helped clear up my confusion.

I didn't see any sign of this. I put the game in a new folder to have a clean new save, and the settings menu didn't allow anything I didn't have in my lvl 48 character. Only thing I noticed that might have been different was the addition of a "novice guide" buff to levels 11-20, to go with the "beginners guide" buff for lvl 1-10 I remember seeing when I started in 2.6.1 last week. The novice guide might have been there before and I just missed it, though.

One related thing, however. One thing i find annoying about this game is that if it thinks you're acting too fast, it'll lock up and block any mouse clicks or key presses, and put a purple border on the edge of the screen. When I started for real and played through, it pretty much only happened if i tried using an autoclicker other than the built-in one, but now something about the beginner and novice guides set it off. With the novice guide, it'll trigger only when holding the mouse down with the inbuilt autoclicker on while using the keyboard to move around the map. But with the beginner guide, just using the keyboard to move or holding the mouse down for the built-in autoclicker, either will trigger it quite fast. Haven't had it trigger on my main char outside using a real auto-clicker, though.

I'm going to presume the changelog just didn't mention that you need to complete certain quests to get these to show up, even after you unlock the locations they're supposed to show up in? One plus for these is that it's much easier to find them in the Library and get a clue where you're supposed to find them, but the ones in Henesys and the Empty Town aren't showing up where it says. I'll spoiler this bit to be polite to those that want to find these themselves.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm guessing there's more I need to do to unlock them, seeing as I haven't touched the flower girl or the sleeping shopkeep, and wasn't planning to until I saw other people requiring I work with them to some degree, but I thought I'd mention it in case it wasn't intended.

Last for now, a small comment/suggestion on the overrides. I do understand the reason they're there, and I may be misunderstanding how they work, but there are some people who may select an override dialogue looking for an explanation for what that particular one does, only for it to directly activate and maybe not be one they actually want to activate. overrides for corruption paths when someone is trying a romance playthrough, for instance, or vice versa. It's why iI am avoiding the one that says it's for Leonore's corruption. Maybe it'd be a good idea to adjust the override dialogues to first explain that what that particular one does and then ask if they want it applied to the current playthrough? Though again, I could be misunderstanding how exactly the overrides work
So the Books WILL get detailed but I only add Quest Tracker information on major releases. The reason is I have to do extensive testing and it would've eaten too much time for a System Update. July update will have all the hints/tips in place just like Darkness Spots and Tinkerer Boxes.

And the Overrides are part of natural gameplay but once you reach the quests the Override works for, it should Shut Off the Override entirely. The Camila one I just added ONLY unlocks if you saw the quest right before it and if you did, it will hide the Override and make the quest that was bugged on older saves, work.

If an Override is still in place let me know and I can fix it. At best, you'll just activate the same quest twice

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
how to get permanoob medal, I kinda wanan see what happens on other routes too
You get it from the Desk NPC in the very first area of the game.

Do note you will only unlock Gallery Sex Scenes. You cannot activate Routes since that's not something this game is built for.

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes