Modder
Oct 13, 2016
lets try again.
here's update 2.6.2b3 also:

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
lets try again.
here's update 2.6.2b3 also:
Does that one include the previous 2.6.2b/b2 updates as well, or do we still need to wait for friday to get an all in one? Also, does the fix for set items let you store them in the stash box?
Edit: Also, does the fix allow you to buy set items? The shopkeep in lith harbor sells items that summon a small shop to wherever you are, which carries a random assortment of items, including occasionally pieces of the sheep set, but 2.6.2 doesn't let you actually buy them.

And as long as I'm posting again, I'm going to complain a little about drop rates. Most of the time I don't care, some things are common some less so, but there are occasionally some that are particularly annoying. Apart from the infamous pig veins, that you've already helped with, I've most recently been annoyed by the gacha and the moon bunny event in henesys.

For the bunny the issue is that the green and blue seeds seem to be about half as common as the rest. And no, I don't have an issue with how hard they are to gather, but the disparity and the fact I consistently wind up with hundreds of seeds left over due to not having enough blue ones to use them. If you could make the seed drop rates equal, even if that means reducing the chance of the other colors to match the blue or listen to what the rabbit says and turn in any 8, instead of 1 of each of the 6 as the tiger says, we'd have a lot fewer leftovers. And even if we didn't get any more rice cakes than we currently do, I'd still be a lot less annoyed by that side. Also, I got around 100 times as many apples as seeds, which is a bit much.
Edit: Also, a way to turn in multiple/all sets of seeds/cakes at once would be nice, but I could understand if it's not something you can do.

On the gacha side, I spent an entire day farming a couple hundred tickets with the bunny, going from lvl 48 to 55, spent them all in Lith, and while i got a bunch of stuff, including nearly every cane in the machine, I still didn't get a single lvl 50 cane. I got several lvl 100 canes, but not one lvl 50, when I would think that higher level items would be less common than lower levels. At this rate i'll get to lvl 60 and use that cane before I find one lvl 50 cane.

Also, the gameplay tips you can see when talking to Tru say you can increase/decrease the chances of something dropping by going to the bestiary or library and highlighting it blue/red with right/middle clicks respectively. But I haven't noticed it having any effect on how many of something drops, the only thing i've noticed is that highlighting something blue will make a message pop up on screen when it drops, while red highlights will skip playing the animation when it drops so it just shows up in your inventory without noticeably dropping in-world.

I don't know what if anything posting this will effect, this is your game not mine and I can't make you change anything, especially if it can just be blamed on the RNG Beast, I just felt I needed to vent a little. I'll apologize now if this offends anyone as that is not remotely my intention, despite my name, but I do know how hard it is to convey tone in text and how easy it is to come across as a different tone than intended.

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
b3 include a,b1&b2 so u don't need the previous patches.
I will look into the skip/selection for items. the idea is the skip should not get u any item that u have skipped.
if u get it anyway theres a bug somewhere. will fix it and next release should be working.

for selection its used together with the finders coupon. it will also hightlight when u get one.

other ways to increase droprate is when its asked by a npc. so if u see that mission button that says example: need 10 snail shells, now, that drop has increased drop rate.

as for the henesys PQ, I will see if theres a way to do that.
edit:
updated the henesys PQ, now u will get the seeds evenly.

edit:
yes, theres a bug with the sheep-set or any other equip item when using the portable shop. fixed.

edit:
- turn in-henesysPQ. not sure how to do that. I would need to create a shop for it. doable, but its up to Haseo.
- gachapon is the RNG Beast. to create a system that will "understand" what it will give u is not that easy. it means I need to store everything that happens so it know, item "X" has been given/got from quest/drops X times, only give "X" if blablabla. its easy to fix the seeds, since its just 6 items and inside a quest, but to do that for the entire game would be another thing.

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
patch:
- fixed portable bug when buying equip item *thx doomngloom
- changed henesys PQ to give u drop evenly *thx doomngloom

u don't need any older patches. this is up to date.

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
b3 include a,b1&b2 so u don't need the previous patches.
I will look into the skip/selection for items. the idea is the skip should not get u any item that u have skipped.
if u get it anyway theres a bug somewhere. will fix it and next release should be working.

for selection its used together with the finders coupon. it will also hightlight when u get one.
Ok, if the blue selection is only supposed to increase chances when used with the coupons, that makes sense, can't really say how well that works as the coupons are so rare, though.
As for the red ignore, I just did a bit of testing on 2.6.2, killing snails just off of lith after redboxing all their drops, and no it still gave me some of them, it just skipped the animation.

How is it supposed to skip the item, out of curiosity? Is it like "if this item is chosen to be dropped, cancel the drop and give nothing" or "if this item is chosen to be dropped, re-roll the drop and (possibly)give something else"? And is it supposed to apply to gacha rewards too, or would those bypass it?

as for the henesys PQ, I will see if theres a way to do that.
edit:
updated the henesys PQ, now u will get the seeds evenly.

edit:
yes, theres a bug with the sheep-set or any other equip item when using the portable shop. fixed.
Woot. You guys do work fast. Much Respect.

edit:
- turn in-henesysPQ. not sure how to do that. I would need to create a shop for it. doable, but its up to Haseo.
- gachapon is the RNG Beast. to create a system that will "understand" what it will give u is not that easy. it means I need to store everything that happens so it know, item "X" has been given/got from quest/drops X times, only give "X" if blablabla. its easy to fix the seeds, since its just 6 items and inside a quest, but to do that for the entire game would be another thing.
Hey, as I said, it's your game, not mine. I don't know what this game engine can or can't do, so all I can do is give ideas, and if you guys decide something is a bit too complex for you to want to deal with, that's your call, and I just have to try not to be rude enough to complain about it. (...I might be emphasizing that a little over much, now I think about it.)

Dynamic drop rates are a bit more complicated than what I was thinking, though. I don't know exactly how the gachas work, but I was just thinking along the lines of normal drops, with some items (higher level ones, for instance) being less likely to drop than other (lower level) ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
red ignore, update b4 fixes that.
the ignore is only working with drops. not with gacha/shop/quest rewards.
when ignored u get money (mesos)

theres a "rarity" added for special items, only applied for monster drop. u can see that in bestiary. the background box is of different colors.
but I do not have rarity for gachapon. its just random. and thats the idea.
otherwise people will complain that the drop-rate for higher level weapons are bad.
surely it can be added. nothing I want to do without asking more people as it will be a major change.

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
theres a "rarity" added for special items, only applied for monster drop. u can see that in bestiary. the background box is of different colors.
but I do not have rarity for gachapon. its just random. and thats the idea.
otherwise people will complain that the drop-rate for higher level weapons are bad.
surely it can be added. nothing I want to do without asking more people as it will be a major change.
Ah, so every item in a particular gacha machine just has an equal chance of being dropped? That's fair, I don't really have an issue with it if it's that way. I'll just have to grumble about the RNG Beast screwing me over, like anyone else. : P
Only change I might suggest would be removing that one chair that doesn't restore anything. And possibly the tetris blocks, unless they're used for a quest at some point? But if you've got them in specifically to be "Sorry, you didn't win, better luck next time." consolation "prizes", then that's your choice and I just have to deal with it.
Fortunately the gacha's such a small, non-essential part of the game, and the rest of the game is interesting enough, it's not too hard to do that. Checking the library, there are a number of canes available in an exchange shop I haven't unlocked yet, so I suppose I should just push forward on my main quest to try to unlock that.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
right now its just RNG. so all items equal chance. right now we are making a "poll" and the Naysayer are winning.
"chairs" are kind of collectible. that is true for the original game. some chairs gives nothing, just visual. more chairs will be added.
and not everything is useful yet. could be that the tetris will give u something in season 2? we will see. otherwise just garbage items.

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
So, small thing, I switched to 2.6.2b4, did some things, wound up with some pieces of the fluffy set, went to put it in my stash chest, and it refused to take them. Bug or intentional?

Also, I decided to check out the portable shop, and now, rather than having a random assortment of equipment I could buy, and the occasional sheep/fluffy set item I could not, it now only carries a bunch of fluffy/sheep set items that I can buy. Even often has multiple listings of the same item. That seems like more of a bug than just not letting me put set items in the cart, but I could be wrong.

Edit: And i just had an item drop after i red-boxed it again. It was one I needed for a quest, but I red-boxed it because I already found it, though I hadn't turned it in yet. So I think things that increase drop chances may allow ignored items to be received anyway, That or it's just items needed for quests that can override ignore. I'll poke around a bit more and see if I can find anything more about it.
Edit: No, poking a bit more, the only thing that dropped despite being ignored was the quest item, so while it was a surprise to me, I think it's probably working as intended. False alarm, sorry. : P

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
aah. yeah. good catch! will fix it for tomorrow. I think I added it for testing to see how it worked and forgot to remove it. :D
set-items can not be shared. theres a bunch of items that can not be placed in stash. but u can sell or place in recycle.

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
I couldn't continue rixxa's quest, (up to the sunrise dew) I feel like I'm way past the point (got home base and went to Ellina)

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016

portable-shop error heres the fix.

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
So, no bugs to report right now, just a couple Qs for whoever wants to answer.
I just unlocked the class book quest, and it mentioned something about magician and pirate giving more for canes and cannons(respectively)? Can someone clarify/expand on what that means?

Second, I know that sometime after the class books you can get soul books, but, are you limited to only the soul book that matches the class book you got, or can you do different ones?

And third, the cane/cannon mastery quest. Is it like the first domain visit, where you have to complete the questline before you can go back to normal areas? Or could you leave and come back in the middle due to it being in the main map rather than a map-less zone?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
job book gives the respective soul book.
for now u have tier 1/2 only. meaning, theres no much gain to pick a job other than magician. the mage job gives u INT/LUK and thats nice to improve damage. in tier 3, we will now start with job-specific skill and that should even out the power.
a pirate should handle the cannon better. we will see what kind of skills u get. tier 4 will not be job-specific. u get skills that affect everything and also area-damage attacks. but tier 3 skills will be your "main" attack skills.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I couldn't continue rixxa's quest, (up to the sunrise dew) I feel like I'm way past the point (got home base and went to Ellina)
Fixed.

So, no bugs to report right now, just a couple Qs for whoever wants to answer.
I just unlocked the class book quest, and it mentioned something about magician and pirate giving more for canes and cannons(respectively)? Can someone clarify/expand on what that means?

Second, I know that sometime after the class books you can get soul books, but, are you limited to only the soul book that matches the class book you got, or can you do different ones?

And third, the cane/cannon mastery quest. Is it like the first domain visit, where you have to complete the questline before you can go back to normal areas? Or could you leave and come back in the middle due to it being in the main map rather than a map-less zone?
1. Job Classes have exclusive Gear JUST for that class. For Mage and Pirate, you have a larger pool of Gear to pull from for Cane's and Cannon's respectively.

2. You are limited to what you've already chosen and this is mainly because we don't want players to choose a Class that does the opposite of what you're building towards. Choosing Pirate as a Main Class and Mage as a secondary won't help you as both Cannon's and Cane's use vastly different Stat Pools. We felt this was safer.

3. It's the 2nd visit once you actually unlock The Cannon Class option.

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
Ok, those responses were interesting, and good to keep in mind, thank you. But, ah,
3. It's the 2nd visit once you actually unlock The Cannon Class option.
I wasn't asking when the stuff unlocks, I just made the choice(cane) and did the first domain trial, and I was mainly asking what the actual questline was like before I did it. Not really looking for spoilers, just, the intro thing said it involved going to perion to handle something, so I was asking if we were locked in there until the quest is done, like we were locked in the domain the very first time until we completed that questline and got to go home. Or can we go in and out of perion mid-quest and complete the quest at our leisure as we can with most other quests.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, the lith harbor gacha gives return scrolls for a number of locations, including the nautilus, ellinia, perion, kerning, and sleepywood, all well before you actually unlock any of those locations. So what happens if you try to use those return scrolls to visit those locations before you unlock them normally? I haven't tried it because I don't want to bork my game due to everything being auto-saved instead of manual saves.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Ok, those responses were interesting, and good to keep in mind, thank you. But, ah,

I wasn't asking when the stuff unlocks, I just made the choice(cane) and did the first domain trial, and I was mainly asking what the actual questline was like before I did it. Not really looking for spoilers, just, the intro thing said it involved going to perion to handle something, so I was asking if we were locked in there until the quest is done, like we were locked in the domain the very first time until we completed that questline and got to go home. Or can we go in and out of perion mid-quest and complete the quest at our leisure as we can with most other quests.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, the lith harbor gacha gives return scrolls for a number of locations, including the nautilus, ellinia, perion, kerning, and sleepywood, all well before you actually unlock any of those locations. So what happens if you try to use those return scrolls to visit those locations before you unlock them normally? I haven't tried it because I don't want to bork my game due to everything being auto-saved instead of manual saves.
Ah. And no. The game rarely forces you to be stuck somewhere and have no way of leaving it. Even when doing the Mastery Quest, you can leave and do something else if you wish. I think there's only like... 4+ times in the entire game that you're locked in a location and have to complete it before you're allowed to leave and go back to the Open World.

As for the Return Scrolls, they will fail if you've never been there before. The Map Icon needs to be lit in a location for a Return Scroll to be able to take you there.

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
Ah. And no. The game rarely forces you to be stuck somewhere and have no way of leaving it. Even when doing the Mastery Quest, you can leave and do something else if you wish. I think there's only like... 4+ times in the entire game that you're locked in a location and have to complete it before you're allowed to leave and go back to the Open World.

As for the Return Scrolls, they will fail if you've never been there before. The Map Icon needs to be lit in a location for a Return Scroll to be able to take you there.
Ok, yeah, that mastery quest was a lot quicker and simpler than I had expected (and perion less city-like than I had expected), and involved manually going back and forth between perion and normal areas. That intro to the mastery quests had me expecting something a bit longer and more serious, makes me rather annoyed at them, lol.

Good to know, and I should have expected that if there were an issue with using the scrolls early, you guys would have found out and fixed it already, you do pretty good work.

One tiny, mostly ignorable possible bug for you atm. The shops sell various pet treats you can eat for increased speed in towns, which is neat and really useful. But apparently they don't consider mushroomtown to be a town? When I go back to put things in/take things out of my stash, or do quests there, the speed for dry treats and such don't seem to apply. More general speed buffs, like speed pots? yeah, they apply anywhere, including there, but not the town-only ones. Not a big deal, as mushroomtown is so small, and if it's intentional, it's fine, it's just a little odd.
Though thinking about it, I suppose it is due to the frogs, and particularly the bigger frog that can show up. Ah well.

Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Ok, yeah, that mastery quest was a lot quicker and simpler than I had expected (and perion less city-like than I had expected), and involved manually going back and forth between perion and normal areas. That intro to the mastery quests had me expecting something a bit longer and more serious, makes me rather annoyed at them, lol.

Good to know, and I should have expected that if there were an issue with using the scrolls early, you guys would have found out and fixed it already, you do pretty good work.

One tiny, mostly ignorable possible bug for you atm. The shops sell various pet treats you can eat for increased speed in towns, which is neat and really useful. But apparently they don't consider mushroomtown to be a town? When I go back to put things in/take things out of my stash, or do quests there, the speed for dry treats and such don't seem to apply. More general speed buffs, like speed pots? yeah, they apply anywhere, including there, but not the town-only ones. Not a big deal, as mushroomtown is so small, and if it's intentional, it's fine, it's just a little odd.
Though thinking about it, I suppose it is due to the frogs, and particularly the bigger frog that can show up. Ah well.
I think baka can see if he might change that as new players would deal with Frogs where as older players would just use it to come and go. We'll see if there's an option there but at least you unlock another Stash later on in the story

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes