baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
the new update is out version 2.6.2c
it will fix a bunch of bugs + some bugs fixed by Haseo for the story

if u don't want to download the whole thing, u can use the patch
the patch should only be used with the vanilla 2.6.2 version or any a,b1-5 updates. do not extract together with the 2.6.2c

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
Ok, now for me to ask for actual spoilers.
Just got to Camila's choice to either give her space or let a friend talk to her, lover path, but while the romance choice txt in the games help folder talks about the possible outcomes of romancing her, I can't find any data on which choice leads to which outcome.
Which, I suppose, is realistic, you don't generally have guides to how to romance real people, but you also don't have to get to fight giant jumping mushrooms in real life either thank goodness.
This is a fantasy, so can someone help me have my fantasy of knowing what I'm doing?

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Ok, now for me to ask for actual spoilers.
Just got to Camila's choice to either give her space or let a friend talk to her, lover path, but while the romance choice txt in the games help folder talks about the possible outcomes of romancing her, I can't find any data on which choice leads to which outcome.
Which, I suppose, is realistic, you don't generally have guides to how to romance real people, but you also don't have to get to fight giant jumping mushrooms in real life either thank goodness.
This is a fantasy, so can someone help me have my fantasy of knowing what I'm doing?
Giving her advice leads to you breaking up and starting up Camila's Proper Lady Route where she becomes less innocent and such and more empowered. (BUT, the game will allow you a panic button after the next couple of Story Missions where you can see if Camila regrets breaking up and this will either loop you back around to the Girlfriend Route OR continue her Lady Route)

Let The Friend basically doesn't give her any chance to think about her choice so she stays with you

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
so if your in the recollection zone checking out previous scenes if you click quickly through a scene to go check another scene out or exit a scene and enter a new scene too quickly it will hard crash the game with some kind of memory error.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
so if your in the recollection zone checking out previous scenes if you click quickly through a scene to go check another scene out or exit a scene and enter a new scene too quickly it will hard crash the game with some kind of memory error.
I think that's the Hammering Detection. It's basically making sure you're not clicking too fast that the pages collide with each other

doomngloom

May 16, 2018
Huh, I was thinking I was hitting actual memory issues, since I do have some issues with memory even outside of the game. And I mostly got the random crashes due to pictures, either the cg(not just standing character pics) that pop up in dialogue, or looking through quests.
I did make a list of the error messages that popped up when it crashes, since I got a few different ones, so I'll post those now. Didn't really pay attention to the numbers on most of them since there were like 15-20 digits, I think.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
About Oz's buying the house, does buying the house full (marriage route) locks out of Cecily contents? What of Violets?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I have been trying to recreate memory issues. but I can't. the game works perfectly for me.
so I have been trying to guess, what can it be, why do people get memory issues?
is it some kind of GPU limitation? the game asking too much?
do u get the same issue if u use "software" mode? thats something that can be tested.
(but u need to be sure about a crash, like: if I do this and this = crash, and u try the same but using software)
if its a hardware issue, it means theres something about the GPU internal memory.
I use a "buffer" method, that means pictures gets stored in a "list" where they get removed after a bit if not used again.
this to speed up rendering. but if theres some kind of limitation maybe I need to refresh that list "faster" so that u can load more.
but I need to be sure. because Im not 100% and I can't recreate it myself.
its easy to fix bugs when I also get it. but very hard when I don't get it myself.
so, if doomngloom and Periah250 can try it and give me feedback I can look into it. maybe do what I wrote make a refresh of the buffer-memory sooner.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
About Oz's buying the house, does buying the house full (marriage route) locks out of Cecily contents? What of Violets?
Not entirely. You will get new Cecily and Oz scenes but they have different themes behind them.

Maid Route: Cecily becomes sexually dominated until she grows feelings for the Hero
Marriage Route: Oz begins to notice that her mother has a crush and mutually helps her into following those feelings.

Regardless, you will have scenes and threesomes with both Routes, just different storylines and fetishes. Cecily will do anal in Maid before she does so in Marriage for example.

bibol2110

Sep 4, 2018
Hey fellas been a long time since i last played the game (chapter 1 of kerning just released back then) so i thought i'll hop back in and check out the new content. However i hit an annoying roadblock right at the start. I got 2.6.2 version, everything worked as was said in game (with gameplay tips etc), but just one little tiny ANNOYING thing. Renka doesnt spawn for me :p I must have grinded like 3h in real time for her to spawn in the advertised spot
, i have killed almost 4k stumps and still no sight of her. Is she blocked behind some quest? Main storyline? The quest tracker just said Lvl 9. I progressed to just starting henesys/no Rien done yet, but im lvl 58 (with safety medal for supposed easy time). Can some1 help explain to me how to spawn her? I unlocked wanderers in Lith Harbor already, and killed Little Dragon or Flying Dragon a few times, w/e his name is ;p Just in case i got a problem in files, i'll attack the save file. I honestly dont want any boost or anything, just checking what's wrong :p
PS. Sorry for the wall of text, im kinda aggitated -.-

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Hey fellas been a long time since i last played the game (chapter 1 of kerning just released back then) so i thought i'll hop back in and check out the new content. However i hit an annoying roadblock right at the start. I got 2.6.2 version, everything worked as was said in game (with gameplay tips etc), but just one little tiny ANNOYING thing. Renka doesnt spawn for me :p I must have grinded like 3h in real time for her to spawn in the advertised spot
, i have killed almost 4k stumps and still no sight of her. Is she blocked behind some quest? Main storyline? The quest tracker just said Lvl 9. I progressed to just starting henesys/no Rien done yet, but im lvl 58 (with safety medal for supposed easy time). Can some1 help explain to me how to spawn her? I unlocked wanderers in Lith Harbor already, and killed Little Dragon or Flying Dragon a few times, w/e his name is ;p Just in case i got a problem in files, i'll attack the save file. I honestly dont want any boost or anything, just checking what's wrong :p
PS. Sorry for the wall of text, im kinda aggitated -.-
We're looking through the code because it seems your fresh save is auto leveling Renka even though you have yet to actually interact with her.

Once we figure it out, we'll ask you for your current save and we can apply a fix. At least you can focus on other contet for the mean time.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
u right, something is not working. its the "medal of safety" that made her not spawn.
will fix it tomorrow and release a .exe
So ignore her for now. do her quests tomorrow.

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
alright ill try to reproduce the error and give exactly what i was doing, ill try to get the error to so i can give you it in exact words, sadly im not the most tech literate of guys.

Edit:

alright took me about 5 minutes, in the scene recollection area if you go through different scenes and just rapidly click to get through them, took me like 10-15 scenes to recreate it, the game will crash.

for me at least it looks to be a memory error, my laptop isnt the highest of end pcs so i doubt i have the best memory so maybe it's an issue of lower end specs?

the error verbatim is

maple.x

Run-time error '7':

Out of memory

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
bibol2110,
Periah250

and everyone else. Updated the engine. (need 2.6.2c to work)
- Renka should now show up correctly.
- Added Hardware Safe mode

so, in settings change to hardware safe or software.
this mode will reset the buffer-memory after each "mission" u read. that means, the asset loaded when u read the scene, all those CG/Event pictures gets removed. hopefully.

I tried to create out of memory but I could watch so many scenes that I got bored. but I have 4GB memory.
hopefully this can be useful! let me know.
if not, theres something else going on, I will try to investigate further.

also, Periah250
can u run the gpu-info and tell me the result. its to check total memory of gpu + bitmapsize.

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
oz is a sugarbaby. Haseo decided theres no point since u can view the sex-scenes by going to her.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I realized that Oz isn't in the recollection area even if you use the unlock. Did you guys remove her?
What baka said. Sugar Baby's end up being Gallery's all by themselves so it would only bloat the game size if we added all those sex scenes.

Plus, I wanted to make every playthrough unique so the Sugar Babies will always display content just for your specific playthrough.

bibol2110

Sep 4, 2018
Thanks for the fast work Haseo and Baka. I'll redownload 2.6.2c and update to patch d, since my progress was barely started ill go for a new save, and this time try without safety medal :p i'm lvling too fast for my liking ^^ weird huh?

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
bibol2110,
Periah250

and everyone else. Updated the engine. (need 2.6.2c to work)
- Renka should now show up correctly.
- Added Hardware Safe mode

so, in settings change to hardware safe or software.
this mode will reset the buffer-memory after each "mission" u read. that means, the asset loaded when u read the scene, all those CG/Event pictures gets removed. hopefully.

I tried to create out of memory but I could watch so many scenes that I got bored. but I have 4GB memory.
hopefully this can be useful! let me know.
if not, theres something else going on, I will try to investigate further.

also, Periah250
can u run the gpu-info and tell me the result. its to check total memory of gpu + bitmapsize.
my gpu is 1,9 gigs nothing steller. also whats a bitmap?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its the maximum size the gpu can handle.
so if it say 8192 it means that it can handle a 8192x8192 picture but not bigger.

ok. my nuc computer can also handle 1.9GB and I dont get memory errors.
what about bitmapsize?

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes