HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Just make sure to put a double confirmation option when there is choice to be made I really dont want to accidentally click the wrong choice and regret it later on lol ^^
The double confirmation has always been there and if you do accidentily click something, that's not something I can prevent.

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
The double confirmation has always been there and if you do accidentily click something, that's not something I can prevent.
It is good to know but actually I was referring to future content you are gonna include.

But I do wonder what would be the solutions if that worst case scenario happens? Do I have to start from scratch again? ( Its highly unlikely that will ever happen but just curious )

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
It is good to know but actually I was referring to future content you are gonna include.

But I do wonder what would be the solutions if that worst case scenario happens? Do I have to start from scratch again? ( Its highly unlikely that will ever happen but just curious )
If you're making a choice like for Route's, it depends if you make it instantly or after some time has passed. If you make it instant, I can simply reset it.

I cannot undo content you have already explored. Say, you did Asuna's Lovers Route but now want to see her Corruption Content, I cannot do that.

Reactions: Blankrex

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
If you're making a choice like for Route's, it depends if you make it instantly or after some time has passed. If you make it instant, I can simply reset it.

I cannot undo content you have already explored. Say, you did Asuna's Lovers Route but now want to see her Corruption Content, I cannot do that.
Thats really handy :cool:

So instant refers to the moment I made the wrong choice and quitted the game immediately or is it like made the wrong choice there and skipped the dialogues to the end and then quitted the game?

What do you mean by after some time has passed like? Is it like once you made the wrong choice and skipped its content entirely like you didnt do it or just skipped it entirely and after that quest you are doing some other quest?

And just to make sure should I take backup of saves like there are 3 files in game folder? As far as I know I should take save.sav file right?

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Thats really handy :cool:

So instant refers to the moment I made the wrong choice and quitted the game immediately or is it like made the wrong choice there and skipped the dialogues to the end and then quitted the game?

What do you mean by after some time has passed like? Is it like once you made the wrong choice and skipped its content entirely like you didnt do it or just skipped it entirely and after that quest you are doing some other quest?

And just to make sure should I take backup of saves like there are 3 files in game folder? As far as I know I should take save.sav file right?
You cannot undo a choice once you make it in game. Even if you quit, the Quest will return to whatever page you were on.

After time passed means you've explored that content even a little bit. Say you did a Lovers Route and then the quest that followed. I cannot undo it then because it's actively progressing into the Route. Your options are to let me know the second the choice is made or you HAVE to commit to your choice.

And yeah, the save.sav is the main save for your characters. The back ups are there in case of crashes or bugs but they will not assist you with undoing Routes.

• Red Heart

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
well. u can use the 3 saves.
so, lets assume u did the wrong choice. quit immediately.
now, delete save.sav and rename old.sav to save.sav
while u are doing that, make a backup of reallyold.sav (just in case)
now u start the game and it should be before u made that choice.
if not. delete save.sav/old.sav and use reallyold.sav and rename it to save.sav and try again.

• Red Heart

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
You cannot undo a choice once you make it in game. Even if you quit, the Quest will return to whatever page you were on.

After time passed means you've explored that content even a little bit. Say you did a Lovers Route and then the quest that followed. I cannot undo it then because it's actively progressing into the Route. Your options are to let me know the second the choice is made or you HAVE to commit to your choice.

And yeah, the save.sav is the main save for your characters. The back ups are there in case of crashes or bugs but they will not assist you with undoing Routes.
well. u can use the 3 saves.
so, lets assume u did the wrong choice. quit immediately.
now, delete save.sav and rename old.sav to save.sav
while u are doing that, make a backup of reallyold.sav (just in case)
now u start the game and it should be before u made that choice.
if not. delete save.sav/old.sav and use reallyold.sav and rename it to save.sav and try again.
It is really good to know this in case I mess up I will let you know instantly ^^

Thanks for clearing out the doubts and for the fast response

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
oh another thing.
the quit button has a "hard-quit" functionality.
with mouse u hover the button a few seconds and it will show.
the "hard quit" will bypass the saving procedure. so it can also be used.
after the game is closed. make a backup of the 3 saves and try one by one until u find one that u think its a good point.

each time u start the game a new "save" will be created.
so. if u run save.sav will be copied into old.sav (while old into reallyold and reallyold will get destroyed)
but, if u play 1 hour, the current sav.sav contain quite a bit of progress.
the hard-quit can help now because in-game saving is when u change maps/quit or go to login-page.

numanitor111

Oct 8, 2021
Uh, does your character automatically generate EXP in significant rate without fighting or in town? I think there's a bug in my save unless this is normal.
Edit: never mind, it goes back to not automatically generate EXP anymore when quitting the game.

Reactions: baka

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Uh, does your character automatically generate EXP in significant rate without fighting or in town? I think there's a bug in my save unless this is normal.
Edit: never mind, it goes back to not automatically generate EXP anymore when quitting the game.
yes. its a bug. it will be fixed the next update.
u can benefit from it if u want, up to level 100, but do not go beyond that since the game currently is for level 1-70 so it will just make it less enjoyable.
in season 2 we will continue open the world plus add the 3rd-tier and maybe 4th-tier skills (level 100-200)

when that bug occurs, just use the ESC key to get to the login-page. it should reset the bug. if not quit the game and restart.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
check the help\ folder

I decided to not create any automatic-installation from the main.exe
this way u can decide the .webp codec to install yourself.
the setup in help\ is what I found and it works.

Reactions: Izz1043

Izz1043

Dec 25, 2019
check the help\ folder

I decided to not create any automatic-installation from the main.exe
this way u can decide the .webp codec to install yourself.
the setup in help\ is what I found and it works.
Thanks!Won't you give me advice on what to start going through the fallen king or the free mode?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
kings fall. freemode is very old, we have not added anything in years.
eventually we will create a fully working freemode. but we will wait until season 2 when we open the whole world.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
how to change the warrior, mage, etc. class?
You get the option later in the story after you obtain ownership of The Domain. Speak to Raul and he'll offer you Skill Books which give you access to Sub Classes for Warrior, Thief, etc.

Do be careful because what you choose, you cannot change. You can freely choose what you want but Pirate and Mage go best with Cannon and Cane Job especially.

Reactions: Izz1043

Izz1043

Dec 25, 2019
You get the option later in the story after you obtain ownership of The Domain. Speak to Raul and he'll offer you Skill Books which give you access to Sub Classes for Warrior, Thief, etc.

Do be careful because what you choose, you cannot change. You can freely choose what you want but Pirate and Mage go best with Cannon and Cane Job especially.
That is, there will be no rollback option and the ability to change the class, such as with glasses? I thought that it was possible and for this and there is an opportunity to roll back the stats for the desired class. I also want to find out if it is possible to roll back after the route after choosing love\corr

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
That is, there will be no rollback option and the ability to change the class, such as with glasses? I thought that it was possible and for this and there is an opportunity to roll back the stats for the desired class. I also want to find out if it is possible to roll back after the route after choosing love\corr
There is no Rollback for choosing Books or Lovers/Corruption Routes.

Choices matter in King's Fall and I want you to feel confident that your choice did and gave you something you personally wanted. Once you make a choice, you're locked in.

night200

Oct 30, 2022
what is the password for the patron box and how do i get old maple coins and how to do i enable the higher drop rate

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
what is the password for the patron box and how do i get old maple coins and how to do i enable the higher drop rate
Monster Cousins, Domain Trial Bosses (Which are introduced later) all drop Silver Coins which can be traded for Old Maple Coins. You can for sure earn Patron prizes by just playing the game.

As for the Drop Rate, it's locked after level 20 and only Patrons get access to it

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes