Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Hi, just noticed an event that happens a bit earlier than it should. The event 'The Matchmaker', where Ayan talks about getting Sophia and Lily together can be triggered after the celebration following the Clash, but it refers Lily and Anna together, which won't happen until the City is fully opened.

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
I was thinking, and feel free to ignore it if it doesn't appeal to you, but could it be possible to improve the scroll enhancement system? Like maybe if the scroll fails, you don't lose a slot? or maybe make it so that if you want to apply more scrolls then the limit, instead of not being able to, it just delete a previous enchantment? It's just that with the best scrolls only having 10% success rate, it's a bit annoying when you only have 1 or 2 success at best before not being able to try anymore, especially with high level gear, since I won't be getting better items soon :/
In order to keep the items balanced, you could maybe reduce the number of attempts but make it a guaranteed success?
I don't know if it's possible to implement things like that, but it would certainly make gear optimization feel a lot better :p

Reactions: Thedarkdragon007

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I was thinking, and feel free to ignore it if it doesn't appeal to you, but could it be possible to improve the scroll enhancement system? Like maybe if the scroll fails, you don't lose a slot? or maybe make it so that if you want to apply more scrolls then the limit, instead of not being able to, it just delete a previous enchantment? It's just that with the best scrolls only having 10% success rate, it's a bit annoying when you only have 1 or 2 success at best before not being able to try anymore, especially with high level gear, since I won't be getting better items soon :/
In order to keep the items balanced, you could maybe reduce the number of attempts but make it a guaranteed success?
I don't know if it's possible to implement things like that, but it would certainly make gear optimization feel a lot better :p
So if you're a Supporter, you can open up your settings and under Scroll, set that to Unlimited. It's been a feature for years but not used a lot.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
in settings u have "scroll settings", the default one is how its supposed to work, but supporters gets 2 extra modes.
Failsafe that protects against failure and unlimited.

the dark scrolls gives u 30% chance instead of 10% with a risk of destroying the item.
but it can be used as the first attempt on an item.
the coin shop gives u a bunch of stuff, like the "white scroll", to increase slots and the 2 medal scrolls to improve chances and protection against the dark-scroll effect.
those 3 scrolls can be found in-game as well. in quests and drop.

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
So if you're a Supporter, you can open up your settings and under Scroll, set that to Unlimited. It's been a feature for years but not used a lot.
in settings u have "scroll settings", the default one is how its supposed to work, but supporters gets 2 extra modes.
Failsafe that protects against failure and unlimited.

the dark scrolls gives u 30% chance instead of 10% with a risk of destroying the item.
but it can be used as the first attempt on an item.
the coin shop gives u a bunch of stuff, like the "white scroll", to increase slots and the 2 medal scrolls to improve chances and protection against the dark-scroll effect.
those 3 scrolls can be found in-game as well. in quests and drop.
Yeah, I used all that, but for the scrolls Mai sells, you can't use unlimited chances :p which makes sense because it could make the items super powerful otherwise but they still have failure chance, so you could end up no really improving the item ^^
And the scrolls improving your chances, protecting your gear and adding tries are useful, but since they need coins to buy, they are limited too :p
But I'm not really complaining, I think the items are good by themselves, I don't have problems fighting enemies with my gear :p I just thought I'd ask about any possible changes for that system. It may also be because I'm personally not a big fan of randomness :p
I guess I'm just unlucky since I haven't dropped any coin shop scrolls during the game

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah. those are rare.
the thing is I already use a "godly-system" where the drop items have a wider range.
sure, to create your godly-equip with scrolls require time, effort and luck.
but its not intended to be easy. its intended to mimic the original (pre-bbb) feeling when scrolling.

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
yeah. those are rare.
the thing is I already use a "godly-system" where the drop items have a wider range.
sure, to create your godly-equip with scrolls require time, effort and luck.
but its not intended to be easy. its intended to mimic the original (pre-bbb) feeling when scrolling.
Alright, if it's the intended way, I'll just have to put more effort into it :p

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Hi, I noticed using Shumi's Coin to skip the second part of the Jump Quest makes you skip the winning dialogue and keep part 10 of her quest, 'Winning Part 2', as unfulfilled. So the Quest is going to stay in the Quest Log even after you finish the whole Questline :/
Also, for the Jump Quest itself, maybe you could add something like checkpoints or shortcuts that unlocks after passing different points? It would make the Jump Quest less frustrating and cancel the need for the skip item :) It's just that it can be frustrating when no matter where you fall, you need to start over from the beginning :/ (it happened several times to me when I got to the last lasers :'(, which made me use the skip eventually)

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Hi, I noticed using Shumi's Coin to skip the second part of the Jump Quest makes you skip the winning dialogue and keep part 10 of her quest, 'Winning Part 2', as unfulfilled. So the Quest is going to stay in the Quest Log even after you finish the whole Questline :/
Also, for the Jump Quest itself, maybe you could add something like checkpoints or shortcuts that unlocks after passing different points? It would make the Jump Quest less frustrating and cancel the need for the skip item :) It's just that it can be frustrating when no matter where you fall, you need to start over from the beginning :/ (it happened several times to me when I got to the last lasers :'(, which made me use the skip eventually)
I can just delete it from the Tracker so Friday it'll auto clear.

And yeah, the Jump Quests are brutal lol

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elyngas

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Quick correction, the 'Winning Part 2' dialogue activates when you start the final part of the Jump Quest, so things just happen out of order :p
Edit : Same thing happens with the Part 12 'The Grand Prize', it's marked as available but dialogue skips straight for Part 13 'Shumi's Prize', leaving it unfulfilled

Last edited:

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Quick correction, the 'Winning Part 2' dialogue activates when you start the final part of the Jump Quest, so things just happen out of order :p
Edit : Same thing happens with the Part 12 'The Grand Prize', it's marked as available but dialogue skips straight for Part 13 'Shumi's Prize', leaving it unfulfilled
Deleted that one too and moved the one after as the new part. Hopefully it auto clears for you on Friday but may need a new adjustment

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elyngas
3.50 star(s) 30 Votes