TheP5

Nov 13, 2017
I died during the quest "side quests" in the drake nest and i dont know how to get back. I tried enter and exit de same monster den from the mission, and tried enter other dens and nothing.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I died during the quest "side quests" in the drake nest and i dont know how to get back. I tried enter and exit de same monster den from the mission, and tried enter other dens and nothing.
I think I set it so you can talk to Kirito back in the Domain to try again. If not, send me your save and I'll teleport you back

Reactions: TheP5

asd12006

Feb 5, 2022
View attachment 285138

Overview:
In Kings Fall, you are the Chosen One, called by an unknown figure to journey through a world and kill a King who has been chosen to meet his end. Along the way you meet hundreds of normal, zany, sexy, and plain ol' bat shit insane individuals as they help you (sometimes in more ways than one) in your travels. You will pick up loot, job classes, and evolve your abilities until you are the force of destruction you were chosen to be. Kings Fall will be a game where every single NPC will have importance in the world, along with their own quests, and art.​

Thread Update: 2022-06-02
Release Date: 2022-06-02
Developer/Publisher: Bastard Games & Entertainment - -
Censorship: No
Version: 0.2.5.8b Public
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

NTR:
question why is it when i downloaded the game my laptop warned me of a trojan in this game? is it safe to download this game?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its false positive. google about it.
u can use virustotal before u run the .exe. virustotal is a good online-tool to see what 70 or so AV tool respond to the .exe

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
:LUL: post above me was deleted...so I edit it mine to not confuse people.

Last edited:

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
The first artstyle was fairly good, although a bit repetitive, most have near identical bodies, the other artstyle seems like the classic western attempts at anime.

There are some issues to fix, like typos
Some charcters speak while still having the name of another above them
Actions, dialogue and inner monologue hardly having anything to tell them apart from each-other

1655919902800.png
Sequence breaking the moment i leave the tent for the first time after getting to the domain, i turned left and accidentally faced the professor leaving this quest permanently unfinished

1655920548239.png

Maybe boost drops for quests items? since i've been trying to farm dolls, including the mushroom one and 4 times the drop rate doesn't seem to do anything considering that i've gotten myself from level 30 to 35 in a single farming session

No idea how much from the main game you are planning to implement but, i'd suggest to move Rain and Oz to Friends Story, at least if there's plans to implement that area maybe if you include angelic buster as well, it would be thematically fitting AND it is related to MapleStory

It would be nice if you could implement the proper sprites and skills, since clicking around at enemies gets dull specially for those who aren't into shooters and the dark skills are utter wack at least the first tiers considering that i deal more damage, faster and without the HP draining drawback by just going warrior strenght, high damage weapon and just left clicking

And don't escalate the quest to actual MapleStory-tier having to kill 500 enemies

Last edited:
Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
theres already a boost for mission drops.
if u are not getting it, maybe the mission is not started or something else. U will need to ask Haseo about it as he creates the missions.
kings fall is a story, and darkness is something Haseo wanted to add. so we are focusing on that. in free-mode u can try bowman. but since Im busy with kings fall I dont have time adding stuff there.
but Darkness skills are OP compared to all other. so if u are no able to use it properly u are not playing correctly.
of course it takes a bit to add the points, but at level 30 u should already have good power.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
The first artstyle was fairly good, although a bit repetitive, most have near identical bodies, the other artstyle seems like the classic western attempts at anime.

There are some issues to fix, like typos
Some charcters speak while still having the name of another above them
Actions, dialogue and inner monologue hardly having anything to tell them apart from each-other

View attachment 1885047
Sequence breaking the moment i leave the tent for the first time after getting to the domain, i turned left and accidentally faced the professor leaving this quest permanently unfinished

View attachment 1885056

Maybe boost drops for quests items? since i've been trying to farm dolls, including the mushroom one and 4 times the drop rate doesn't seem to do anything considering that i've gotten myself from level 30 to 35 in a single farming session

No idea how much from the main game you are planning to implement but, i'd suggest to move Rain and Oz to Friends Story, at least if there's plans to implement that area maybe if you include angelic buster as well, it would be thematically fitting AND it is related to MapleStory

It would be nice if you could implement the proper sprites and skills, since clicking around at enemies gets dull specially for those who aren't into shooters and the dark skills are utter wack at least the first tiers considering that i deal more damage, faster and without the HP draining drawback by just going warrior strenght, high damage weapon and just left clicking

And don't escalate the quest to actual MapleStory-tier having to kill 500 enemies
I'll look into most of this, thank you!

Reactions: Oni-Zero

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
theres already a boost for mission drops.
if u are not getting it, maybe the mission is not started or something else. U will need to ask Haseo about it as he creates the missions.
I have the quest
Forgot to add that the quest log tends to mark a quest as completed despite not really being completed, that's why part three is not available
And about the boosts for drops, you mean the shop where i need patreon coins?
kings fall is a story, and darkness is something Haseo wanted to add. so we are focusing on that. in free-mode u can try bowman. but since Im busy with kings fall I dont have time adding stuff there.
but Darkness skills are OP compared to all other. so if u are no able to use it properly u are not playing correctly.
of course it takes a bit to add the points, but at level 30 u should already have good power.
Mind you, players are not devs, devs know the game inside and out, which means having knowledge that the players don't allowing you to see the game and how it works differently, remember that you're using a multi-player game as a framework for a single player game and do not take this too personal, you're engaging in a forum, where people with all kinds of experience can criticize the game instead

Mine's comes from games, even online ones where you can create multiple characters, the whole experience remains fairly self-contained, instead of depending on multiple characters or having to join other players 24/7

My perspective is, if a story is self-contained, then please, do your best to streamline the experience, for example: MC's weapon is from the cannoneer? increase the rate of that weapon, streamline the adquisition, like on mobs around level 30-35 dropping the level 30 cannon instead of having the level 30 weapon as part of the drop of a level 50-fucking-8 mob

Not treating the game as if you could just trade items with other players

And stream-lining the story, another example, after the 1 mothn time-out MC can check on Luna and Asuna, the dialogue while checking on Luna implies that Asuna is recently aware of the MC's return as if she was told, but you can later check on your grave, kickstarting Asuna's quest where she just finds you near your grave, it would be better to have a hard story structure to not lose the player's attention instead of the more sandbox-y approach.

The very last critique i'd throw as in after anything i could think, now and in the future is, to rework the difficulty, not only the MC seems limited on the amount of skills, but if MC's level is lower that the mob one's, every mob in the screen will gangbang him along with those cooldowns after missing, that's also why i, in my personal opinion, think that just being a crosshair is not a great idea, at least in MapleStory where you could 1v1 them, you didn't get penalized so harshly and you had multi-hit skills along with having the traveling skills

Try to make the progress like a stair from the start so players feel like they're facing challenges which keeps them on their toes instead of suddenly finding themselves with the feeling of hitting a wall

Also, could dying send me to the nearby town the large circles? not west of mushroom town?

Post-script: NOW I'M UNDERSTANDING IT, by going full str i could do 450-500 max damage while using the pig illustrated weapon, but now that i did the cane quest i can use Knight's Strike to deal 1k damage and around 1300 with knight's blast, i was basing my conjectures on the Cannon while going full str which increases the cannon's regular attack, when the game explained that the main stat were str and int, i thought i could choose between them/they were interchangeable, not that int was the main stat, no wonder i was doing around 100 damage with the skills, but the regular damage proves how counter-intuitive it is.

That's my main criticism, that most of the issues seem to be caused by weird expectation, miscommunication and not giving the information to the player more intuitivelly, but info-dumping leading to the players just getting bored of seeing walls of text and ends up causing them to just not pay attention

Here's another example, what i recall from when Jane's love route was explained is that you'll enter in a polyarmorous relationship with her, but when i spoil myself i see a quest which implies that Jane can dump Jean, i have no idea if i wasn't paying attention or it was just not explained.

Holy shit Little Dragon appears on Beach Hunting Ground? i thought he just appeared near Lith Harbor

All of this might not look much, but just picture things like this stacking one after another, a bunch of little things becoming a big problem.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I have the quest
Forgot to add that the quest log tends to mark a quest as completed despite not really being completed, that's why part three is not available
And about the boosts for drops, you mean the shop where i need patreon coins?
Mind you, players are not devs, devs know the game inside and out, which means having knowledge that the players don't allowing you to see the game and how it works differently, remember that you're using a multi-player game as a framework for a single player game and do not take this too personal, you're engaging in a forum, where people with all kinds of experience can criticize the game instead

Mine's comes from games, even online ones where you can create multiple characters, the whole experience remains fairly self-contained, instead of depending on multiple characters or having to join other players 24/7

My perspective is, if a story is self-contained, then please, do your best to streamline the experience, for example: MC's weapon is from the cannoneer? increase the rate of that weapon, streamline the adquisition, like on mobs around level 30-35 dropping the level 30 cannon instead of having the level 30 weapon as part of the drop of a level 50-fucking-8 mob

Not treating the game as if you could just trade items with other players

And stream-lining the story, another example, after the 1 mothn time-out MC can check on Luna and Asuna, the dialogue while checking on Luna implies that Asuna is recently aware of the MC's return as if she was told, but you can later check on your grave, kickstarting Asuna's quest where she just finds you near your grave, it would be better to have a hard story structure to not lose the player's attention instead of the more sandbox-y approach.

The very last critique i'd throw as in after anything i could think, now and in the future is, to rework the difficulty, not only the MC seems limited on the amount of skills, but if MC's level is lower that the mob one's, every mob in the screen will gangbang him along with those cooldowns after missing, that's also why i, in my personal opinion, think that just being a crosshair is not a great idea, at least in MapleStory where you could 1v1 them, you didn't get penalized so harshly and you had multi-hit skills along with having the traveling skills

Try to make the progress like a stair from the start so players feel like they're facing challenges which keeps them on their toes instead of suddenly finding themselves with the feeling of hitting a wall

Also, could dying send me to the nearby town the large circles? not west of mushroom town?

Post-script: NOW I'M UNDERSTANDING IT, by going full str i could do 450-500 max damage while using the pig illustrated weapon, but now that i did the cane quest i can use Knight's Strike to deal 1k damage and around 1300 with knight's blast, i was basing my conjectures on the Cannon while going full str which increases the cannon's regular attack, when the game explained that the main stat were str and int, i thought i could choose between them/they were interchangeable, not that int was the main stat, no wonder i was doing around 100 damage with the skills, but the regular damage proves how counter-intuitive it is.

That's my main criticism, that most of the issues seem to be caused by weird expectation, miscommunication and not giving the information to the player more intuitivelly, but info-dumping leading to the players just getting bored of seeing walls of text and ends up causing them to just not pay attention

Here's another example, what i recall from when Jane's love route was explained is that you'll enter in a polyarmorous relationship with her, but when i spoil myself i see a quest which implies that Jane can dump Jean, i have no idea if i wasn't paying attention or it was just not explained.

Holy shit Little Dragon appears on Beach Hunting Ground? i thought he just appeared near Lith Harbor

All of this might not look much, but just picture things like this stacking one after another, a bunch of little things becoming a big problem.
So the Henesys chapter back in the day was my first venture into large scale game design and as you can quickly tell, there's plot holes, there's difficuly spikes, and it's messy in many areas. I learned a lot from that experience but there's still stuff to clean up.

The Luna stuff with Asuna, it's a little odd in how you get the Welcome Back scene but I'll see if I can guide it a bit better.

For the Jane stuff, her content was written before Corruption and Lovers ended up being a system. I thought I removed all mention of it ONLY being Polyamourous but I'll take another look. The main thing is giving players a choice in how things happen. If they want Jane to themselves, they can. If they wish to share her, they can. That's what I was going after but I'll clean up the writing a bit to better showcase it.

In terms of skills and such, Baka is adamant on keeping the Basic Skills "Basic" and not "Flashy". I've tried to convince him otherwise but it's never gotten anywhere. The plan is for the last 3 Skill Tiers to be more flashy, more AOE, and more intense in their use. For now, the first 2 are as is unless you can convince him better than I can.

Edit: The Boost that baka mentions is a Mission based system that activates when you start a quest that requires an item. He just poorly explained it.
In terms of the Doll for the Luna quest, baka broke it inadvertedly. Send me your save and I can manually add it in (It'll be fixed for the next update). That should be the only quest where things are broken for a drop item.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
So the Henesys chapter back in the day was my first venture into large scale game design and as you can quickly tell, there's plot holes, there's difficuly spikes, and it's messy in many areas. I learned a lot from that experience but there's still stuff to clean up.

The Luna stuff with Asuna, it's a little odd in how you get the Welcome Back scene but I'll see if I can guide it a bit better.
Of course, i don't expect you to fix right it that's why i stated it would be my last criticism, because i know you guys will be stuck trying to eliminate issues 1 by 1 without making any progress i've learned something from other programmers despite not being one myself, when you fix an issue, you create like 20 more, if you allowed me to give a few suggestions for the future, probably the far, faaaar future.

Allow the MC to visit every newbie area including the rebel base in Eldestein, Evere, Zipangu, etc. if possible, considering that the point when MC get's fucked in the non-sexy way, he's nothing more that an errand boy who "should" be locally known, someone who barely dealt with a single field boss, let alone a propper dungeon boss, yet there's this mood whiplash, it's hard to be invested.

Making small talks with romance-able NPC's for quests with a teasing scene here and there instead of having this impeding sense of doom while the MC is just doing lesser jobs, like... getting ingredients for dinner... multiple times.

Try to build an athmosphere instead of rushing to the finish line yes this is also true for the sex scenes people don't mind slow burns, as long as it doesn't cross into the glacial pace territory

For the Jane stuff, her content was written before Corruption and Lovers ended up being a system. I thought I removed all mention of it ONLY being Polyamourous but I'll take another look. The main thing is giving players a choice in how things happen. If they want Jane to themselves, they can. If they wish to share her, they can. That's what I was going after but I'll clean up the writing a bit to better showcase it.
I've noticed that it takes 2-3 text boxes to explain the routes, instead of explaing in detail what the love and corrupt route are about, try resuming it as much as you can, something like:
"Love route leads to you joining Jane and Jean in their relationship
Your choices can lead to a polyarmorous relationship
Or Jena being with you"

In terms of skills and such, Baka is adamant on keeping the Basic Skills "Basic" and not "Flashy". I've tried to convince him otherwise but it's never gotten anywhere. The plan is for the last 3 Skill Tiers to be more flashy, more AOE, and more intense in their use. For now, the first 2 are as is unless you can convince him better than I can.
If we leave flashiness/visual stimulation aside, my issue with skills would be how unbalanced it feels when you compare it to mobs aggroing as long as you're in the field of vision the black sheeps can easily kill me despite being the MC being a few levels above them.

Along with the progress, think what the level cap you want it to be, then scale everything according to that, if it's 100, then level 10 should be a big deal since it's 10% of the journey, this would soften the blow from the difficulty spikes

Edit: The Boost that baka mentions is a Mission based system that activates when you start a quest that requires an item. He just poorly explained it.
In terms of the Doll for the Luna quest, baka broke it inadvertedly. Send me your save and I can manually add it in (It'll be fixed for the next update). That should be the only quest where things are broken for a drop item.
Alright, could you check if the dejected green mushroom puppets are broken as well?

Here are other things i'd like to propose, hopefully they could be implemented in the long, long future:

Adding the mini-map from retail? at least in towns so players can use it to quickly travel around
Using the familiar cards to unlock their bestiary entries this will give players an incentive to get the cards, considering that you can get multiple of them but they're hidden and can be quite the rare drop
Adding the variants to the bestiary entries
Increasing not only the exp rate but the drop rate and the amount of drops that the variants give while making them a tad less rare to spawn
Maybe a more focused-oriented farming, for example, the more mobs you kill, the more likely you are to get a rare item from that kind of mob, getting one of the rare item decreases the odds slightly, it also decreases by hitting other type of mobs.

Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Of course, i don't expect you to fix right it that's why i stated it would be my last criticism, because i know you guys will be stuck trying to eliminate issues 1 by 1 without making any progress i've learned something from other programmers despite not being one myself, when you fix an issue, you create like 20 more, if you allowed me to give a few suggestions for the future, probably the far, faaaar future.

Allow the MC to visit every newbie area including the rebel base in Eldestein, Evere, Zipangu, etc. if possible, considering that the point when MC get's fucked in the non-sexy way, he's nothing more that an errand boy who "should" be locally known, someone who barely dealt with a single field boss, let alone a propper dungeon boss, yet there's this mood whiplash, it's hard to be invested.

Making small talks with romance-able NPC's for quests with a teasing scene here and there instead of having this impeding sense of doom while the MC is just doing lesser jobs, like... getting ingredients for dinner... multiple times.

Try to build an athmosphere instead of rushing to the finish line yes this is also true for the sex scenes people don't mind slow burns, as long as it doesn't cross into the glacial pace territory

I've noticed that it takes 2-3 text boxes to explain the routes, instead of explaing in detail what the love and corrupt route are about, try resuming it as much as you can, something like:
"Love route leads to you joining Jane and Jean in their relationship
Your choices can lead to a polyarmorous relationship
Or Jena being with you"

If we leave flashiness/visual stimulation aside, my issue with skills would be how unbalanced it feels when you compare it to mobs aggroing as long as you're in the field of vision the black sheeps can easily kill me despite being the MC being a few levels above them.

Along with the progress, think what the level cap you want it to be, then scale everything according to that, if it's 100, then level 10 should be a big deal since it's 10% of the journey, this would soften the blow from the difficulty spikes

Alright, could you check if the dejected green mushroom puppets are broken as well?

Here are other things i'd like to propose, hopefully they could be implemented in the long, long future:

Adding the mini-map from retail? at least in towns so players can use it to quickly travel around
Using the familiar cards to unlock their bestiary entries this will give players an incentive to get the cards, considering that you can get multiple of them but they're hidden and can be quite the rare drop
Adding the variants to the bestiary entries
Increasing not only the exp rate but the drop rate and the amount of drops that the variants give while making them a tad less rare to spawn
Maybe a more focused-oriented farming, for example, the more mobs you kill, the more likely you are to get a rare item from that kind of mob, getting one of the rare item decreases the odds slightly, it also decreases by hitting other type of mobs.

Here's the save with the dolls in it. I gave you both just in case since I don't remember if both are broken.

In terms of your suggestions, Prime Monsters are already in the game. The more of the same monster you kill, the more stronger their Prime or Elite version is. Each have increased drop rates and gives more Meso, exp, etc.

There's also Monster Cousins which work in the same way but drop specific items like Silver Coins, Maple Coins, high tier food, etc.

We're always out to correct balancing so feedback like this is important.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
whenever i run it my windows defender says there is a trojan "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml"
Windows Defender is the only AV that dings our exe but it's completely safe. We do a monthly Virustotal check up to kind of make sure it's only WD but yeah it's been that way for years.

Again, we stake our Patreon every single time we get reports of Windows Defender dinging us. It's safe and we gurantee it

Edit: We usually just recommend for users to give permission to use the exe through the WD menu.

RoseLake

Apr 2, 2022
Windows Defender is the only AV that dings our exe but it's completely safe. We do a monthly Virustotal check up to kind of make sure it's only WD but yeah it's been that way for years.

Again, we stake our Patreon every single time we get reports of Windows Defender dinging us. It's safe and we gurantee it
is there any way to stop the notifications from popping up or do I just gotta ignore at?

RoseLake

Apr 2, 2022

Edit: We usually just recommend for users to give permission to use the exe through the WD menu.
are you sure? even after deleting all the files it still says the trojan is there?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
is it Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials?
in the latter u can open the AV and go to history and there u can bring back the exe if its in quarantine, and allow it to run.
I have not used Defender for many years not sure the settings.

3.60 star(s) 31 Votes