RoseLake

Apr 2, 2022
is it Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials?
in the latter u can open the AV and go to history and there u can bring back the exe if its in quarantine, and allow it to run.
I have not used Defender for many years not sure the settings.
it is the built in windows antivirus

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I switched to Essentials. its free. not sure why microsoft has 2?

Windows Defender helps protect your computer from spyware and some other potentially unwanted software, but it will not protect against viruses. In other words, Windows Defender only protects against a subset of known malicious software but Microsoft Security Essentials protects against ALL known malicious software.
maybe time to upgrade and switch off Defender.
sure even Essential will trigger false positive, but I think its easier to manage.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
are you sure? even after deleting all the files it still says the trojan is there?
We gurantee it. And for the last few years it's always just been the exe. There's no other files that could ding it. More than likely, your settings aren't being set to "Allow" the keeping of the exe. You're pulling it out of quarantine more than likely

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
the OP is outdated. we already released a "c" version

and with that we have the "e" version that Haseo attached here.
so, the "c" version fixed a bunch of error with the "b" version.
and the "e" executable (u only need 1 file for this fix) fixed a few more issues.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Here's the save with the dolls in it. I gave you both just in case since I don't remember if both are broken.

In terms of your suggestions, Prime Monsters are already in the game. The more of the same monster you kill, the more stronger their Prime or Elite version is. Each have increased drop rates and gives more Meso, exp, etc.

There's also Monster Cousins which work in the same way but drop specific items like Silver Coins, Maple Coins, high tier food, etc.

We're always out to correct balancing so feedback like this is important.
Apparently helping me out changed a value somewhere

1656274307380.png
I still cannot get close to the area next to Kerning City

No wonder i couldn't get the doll, i needed to farm cynical mushrooms, which i killed way less that the regular ones, maybe is not that it is impossible to get them because it is broken, but rather due the rarity of the cousin mobs spawning, how about implementing the hidden streets and making that the place where players can farm the cousin, elite and special enemies like Little Dragon? their damage output should be enough to keep underpowered players away.

By the way, i don't know if i saw this or i imagined it but i have vague memories of a tutorial which explained that i could go back to level 1, to experience the story all over again and i'll get somethin akin ot a stone which would grant me all the experience i earned, if it's a thing, it would be great that it have a dedicated function/keybind or if it's an NPC feature then to have a some sort of way to keep track of NPC's which the player already interacted and what they do/sell.
I got lost while trying to find the reset scrolls because i forgot that Sid sold them and i would like to undo my choice with Jane

And add confirmation buttons while clicking exit, changing characters, making a drastic relationship choice, etc. i had to exploit the auto-save function because of a poorly made choice.

Other thing i forgot to mention, i checked out Baka's mega link and appears to be down

Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I removed it, and updated it for a "complete version e"

its updated in our patron/discord. not sure if Haseo told the OP to update the link.

about the dolls. Haseo will update the quests to include a drop from the "original" mobs instead.

about replayability. we have stamps/badges. that should allow u to start a new char and jump quite fast to the choices before love/corr.
remember u can use the stash to move around your items between characters.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
I removed it, and updated it for a "complete version e"
Mega

its updated in our patron/discord. not sure if Haseo told the OP to update the link.

about the dolls. Haseo will update the quests to include a drop from the "original" mobs instead.

about replayability. we have stamps/badges. that should allow u to start a new char and jump quite fast to the choices before love/corr.
remember u can use the stash to move around your items between characters.
I'm well aware after accidentally stumbling into the recollection room, i just want to not have to fight my way up to my current level all over again or at least be able to pump myself a few levels higher with my old exp, that's why i was suggesting to implement the hidden streets as well, considering that elite and cousin mobs give way more exp so if players feel stuck they can farm those mobs elite mushrooms give either twice or thrice the amount of exp that you get from cursed eye

Reactions: isw766

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
u have leveling coins. 25 and 50 can be bought in shops.
and u have the Potion of Passing to transfer the char level to a coin that can be used by the new char.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Wait, maybe that's what i was trying to recall, thank you a few minutes later maybe just maybe place the gold and equipement in the stash automatically after using the potion of passing?

yoru043

Dec 8, 2018
having some trouble with the jean and jane quest where im supposed to gather pig leathers. it directed me to leave and come back to the pig beach. but there's no interaction or update to the questline.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
having some trouble with the jean and jane quest where im supposed to gather pig leathers. it directed me to leave and come back to the pig beach. but there's no interaction or update to the questline.
You should just have to click on the portal to the left

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Just in case you didn't see the post on Discord, here's your save back. The problem was found and you're good to go.

Reactions: yoru043

yoru043

Dec 8, 2018
Just in case you didn't see the post on Discord, here's your save back. The problem was found and you're good to go.
i just realized i forgot to post my save actually. i'm glad you were able to find the issue. here's my save (i appreciate the fix):

3.60 star(s) 31 Votes