HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Weird, i thought that Lucid was "I'm going to make a dreamland to force EVERYONE to be happy so maybe the big bad won't wipe everything" and Orchid was "I'm on a quest to reunite with my trap/femboy brother" unless you guys are also rewriting other major character

By the way, do you guys have a set goal? as in, where the story will trully end? from where i and probably most other people see it MapleStory will continue forever more, so you could just finish a chapter, work on how the next one would be then focus on adding side characters while expanding the world implementing more areas and enemies of MS into KF considering that again, KF is the closest thing to having an offline MS in PC, the ammount of waifus that the game already have and the possibility of MS getting more collabs therefore more waifus is like having the golden goose to fund further projects while fine tunning how the next chapter would be on the side-line

P.S.: The mega file has been taken down
And something i've been meaning to say for a while now, the first and second artstyles look fine enough, it's the third one used for characters like Millie that look really reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally rough.
I'll answer them one by one.

1. I've never played Maplestory before so all the characters that are currently in are of my own making character wise. There really isn't a 1-1 and I'm kind of freestyling them all.

2. In terms of content and such, the ending was actually the very first thing I wrote when I was storyboarding. Everything came afterwards but there is a clear goal in reaching that specific ending. At the moment we're finishing up Victoria Island which is going to end Season 1 as we call it. Season 2 will actually be more in line to what Maple Story is/was in that the entire map will be open and you can go anywhere you wish.

It'll also set up the next arc which I call " The Runaway Arc". After that it'll be visiting other islands, furthering the relationships of known characters and introducing new ones. Once the threat of Angelo is dealt with, The King will be put back in focus.

A lot of plans but we're hard at work trying to finish Victoria Island and everyone who lives there first.

3. And the last thing, the Mega got removed by Patreon for some reason but it's happening to other devs and there's a discussion going on in General over what might happen next.

As per the characters, we're still remastering artwork and I might give Millie, Lily, and Raul the same treatment soonish.

Reactions: Oni-Zero

Mtwsz

Dec 2, 2020
Could someone help i have a problem with renka quest after hidden village I can't find her even after hour of grinding in pig pastry, jane bug with pig leather even if I ended this quest and mising asuna with hunting quest because after I died I can't find her even if hunted all needed moster. Please :(

Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Could someone help i have a problem with renka quest after hidden village I can't find her even after hour of grinding in pig pastry, jane bug with pig leather even if I ended this quest and mising asuna with hunting quest because after I died I can't find her even if hunted all needed moster. Please :(
Done.

Renka is now in Henesys. Do that quest first and that will open up the Nautilus one.

I also cleared the Jane quest for you

Mtwsz

Dec 2, 2020
Had someone completed renka quest because i have a problem after talking to her in Henesia. I went to east forest as was said and grinding for hour then I tried grinding in pig pastry and still nothing ( only spawn little dragon ) then i starded looking in some locations and on first try when i teleported to hunting ground she was there but when i started to grind ( still fucking little dragon ) is It another bug or am I doing somthing wrong or It is just my shitty luck. Please Help :(

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Had someone completed renka quest because i have a problem after talking to her in Henesia. I went to east forest as was said and grinding for hour then I tried grinding in pig pastry and still nothing ( only spawn little dragon ) then i starded looking in some locations and on first try when i teleported to hunting ground she was there but when i started to grind ( still fucking little dragon ) is It another bug or am I doing somthing wrong or It is just my shitty luck. Please Help :(
It might be luck because I got her to spawn. Here is the save back but I ste her to 25 so she should appear in Nautilus Harbor automatically.

Zanmaraxa

Apr 20, 2018
How does the finders cupon works? can i pick any item i want from the library and get it from any monster?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
no,
the scroll works like this:
u have marked the item(s) u want in the library, that also the monster has.
u start killing.
each time u are about to get an item drop if the finder scroll it active (30 seconds)
it will instead give u a chance to get that.

I would use it if I attack a boss monster that has an item I want.
I selected the item in the library
and when the monster is about to die, I call the scroll, important since I only have 30 seconds.
that will give me more chance to get that item. since killing bosses can take time.

Reactions: Zanmaraxa

shortypo

Sep 22, 2018
i have a problem with the renka Quest, but i think its bugged i cant find her there so have being farming for an hour can anybody help me plz

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
u already did coffee talk. it says its "completed".
so u already read that mission. and at the end it says u need to complete the quest with the Hero escaping the domain (main-quest)

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
i have a problem with the renka Quest, but i think its bugged i cant find her there so have being farming for an hour can anybody help me plz
You were missing a variable. Happens from time to time. She should pop now

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
I'll answer them one by one.

1. I've never played Maplestory before so all the characters that are currently in are of my own making character wise. There really isn't a 1-1 and I'm kind of freestyling them all.

2. In terms of content and such, the ending was actually the very first thing I wrote when I was storyboarding. Everything came afterwards but there is a clear goal in reaching that specific ending. At the moment we're finishing up Victoria Island which is going to end Season 1 as we call it. Season 2 will actually be more in line to what Maple Story is/was in that the entire map will be open and you can go anywhere you wish.

It'll also set up the next arc which I call " The Runaway Arc". After that it'll be visiting other islands, furthering the relationships of known characters and introducing new ones. Once the threat of Angelo is dealt with, The King will be put back in focus.

A lot of plans but we're hard at work trying to finish Victoria Island and everyone who lives there first.

3. And the last thing, the Mega got removed by Patreon for some reason but it's happening to other devs and there's a discussion going on in General over what might happen next.

As per the characters, we're still remastering artwork and I might give Millie, Lily, and Raul the same treatment soonish.
That's awesome to know, sadly i'll be bailing out since... playing this made me re-install MapleStory because i clicker games ain't my type of games lmao as i stated before, i don't mind being a disembodied hand in the overworld, but when i'm fighting mobs, it's like my interest is a brick thrown off a cliff good luck, this game has potential so it would be awesome if it gets completed

By the way, it's most likely too early to ask but, is there a plan for the next game? probably adapting another games for example:
MC is a janitor who finds a Grimoire which allows him to travel in time and space to the Final Fantasy XII world, to engage on the events of not only FF XII, but also the tactics games, then jump to other IP's like the Ogre saga (Knight of Lodis, Person of Lordy Caliber, etc.) LoZ (LttP, Link's Awakening, Seasons/Ages , Minishi Cap), etc.
Basically recreating those games with an original story that loosely follows the steps of said games, where the MC either tags along with the protagonist or replaces him.

Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
That's awesome to know, sadly i'll be bailing out since... playing this made me re-install MapleStory because i clicker games ain't my type of games lmao as i stated before, i don't mind being a disembodied hand in the overworld, but when i'm fighting mobs, it's like my interest is a brick thrown off a cliff good luck, this game has potential so it would be awesome if it gets completed

By the way, it's most likely too early to ask but, is there a plan for the next game? probably adapting another games for example:
MC is a janitor who finds a Grimoire which allows him to travel in time and space to the Final Fantasy XII world, to engage on the events of not only FF XII, but also the tactics games, then jump to other IP's like the Ogre saga (Knight of Lodis, Person of Lordy Caliber, etc.) LoZ (LttP, Link's Awakening, Seasons/Ages , Minishi Cap), etc.
Basically recreating those games with an original story that loosely follows the steps of said games, where the MC either tags along with the protagonist or replaces him.
We have other ideas but we would need more backing.

Plus our engine was made pretty much for Maple only. Making another game wouldn't be viable.

But yeah we do have ideas floating about. We were working on a 2nd project but our old artist Jelly fell through again so now we're left to focus on King's Fall as always lol

Reactions: Oni-Zero

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
we will not start any new project before this one is done. I think Im 50% done with the maps/mobs. so theres a lot left.
when the engine is done I can start a new one. but the next project will be a generic vn-editor/player.
but after that I plan to create a new mod-game. maybe inspired of heroes of might and magic 1 and/or 2
or Sid Meier's Pirates (the old one from 1987) or Leisure Suit Larry 2 or 3, Skool Daze or any other old game.
theres also original-game ideas, some inspired by movies. we will see. nothing is decided, theres tons of ideas.
but first we need to finish maple.x. and who knows. Haseo talkes about creating a new story within maple.x with a female MC.
we will see.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
As baka said, I did draft up an overall plot for a female MC. It's going to be entirely different to the Hero and much more open gameplay wise. I'll have to finish the King's Fall Storyline first but that's another avenue we can go in.

robgarc

Jan 20, 2018
Looks like an interesting game, can I have the forbidden card and password box code? Would like to make sure I'm not missing any content

Reactions: baka
3.60 star(s) 31 Votes