Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
After the wait for this update i must say it was really underwhelming.

Instead with the multiple LI's we spend most time with strippers/prostitutes and then there is that Liam plot which overstays it's welcome...seriously, can we just shoot him in the face, preferably with a shotgun and be done with it.
Him appearing and getting away is as annoying as it is with comic villains...and fucking no, i don't want to pay for a therapy for this dude, just a bullet in his head will do fine.
Or hire someone to kill Liam, we already know that his friend, which doesn't want to snitch, knows where he hides.
After all the shit he pulled, the clear threads and the police saying 'well no can do, sucks to be you', that seems a resonable thing to do.

MC lying again straith in Alice's face with, oh only going to the stripclub because of my friend, i was basically forced to go, the dude was really depressed....yeah, he had blue balls, poor him :rolleyes:
She still hasn't reached the official girlfriend status... she is just pregnant and they love each other, but hey...

Then there is Rose, after seeing her multiple times how she doesn't like how her mother treats her like a kid and wants to make her own decisions, what do we get.
Well yeah i still like MC...so lets set up dates with him and my mom...which makes it clear she doesn't like him, nor approves of him because of serious character flaws like having no car and not having enough money, being a boxer and getting hit on his head a lot...and if she decides that she likes him i will date him again..., seriously :rolleyes:
And not even a choice to say no to this moronic idea of her...like you know, 'come back if you have grown up and can make your own choices'.

Last edited:

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I like Moon as a dev... he does some great work, but the story has finally jumped the shark for me. I never understood the whole feeling bad about lying to Rose and then going to a strip club. I seemed totally out of character for the MC. Plus, what was the point?

The whole scene in the garage with Liam? Whatever. It was just not good. Offering therapy? Both of them monologuing? Where was security after all the gun shots? Why not call an ambulance? Leaving the scene of a shooting? I mean, moving someone who was shot multiple times and throwing them into the back of a car makes total sense.

The story started out pretty good and it is important to support devs like this as creating these games is hard, but I guess I was expecting more out of the story; right now it seems to be floundering.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The whole scene in the garage with Liam? Whatever. It was just not good. Offering therapy? Both of them monologuing? Where was security after all the gun shots? Why not call an ambulance? Leaving the scene of a shooting? I mean, moving someone who was shot multiple times and throwing them into the back of a car makes total sense.
well on monologue i agree, security i doubt there was any in parking hall, rest require rational thinking (and dunno if cellphone gets signal there) and when some1 is shot rational thinking leaves the brain.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
and he/she can be outside hall or at other end inside glassbox which is quite soundproof.
Gunshots are definitely loud enough to be heard inside that. Video games don't do gunshot sounds justice. Search Heat movie shootout if wanna know how loud a gunshot can be.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
They probably locked them self in a the security room turned the lights off and got low to the ground. Then got on the phone with police. We are talking about security guards for a parking garage or even a bouncer at a strip club. They are not the secret service who have sworn to dive in front of a bullet for the president. They are not hired body guards that will lose their meal ticket if someone dies. They are low paid low skilled workers without medical insurance and without a death wish. No rent-a-cop is running towards gunshots unless they are suicidal. A lot of security is not even given a gun. A lot of times they just have a flash light and a phone.
Depends on the country. I don't know if this game is based on US, but a lot of security guards over there are definitely carrying.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Moon is great agreed.

There is a logical explanation for all of your questions.

I never understood the whole feeling bad about lying to Rose and then going to a strip club. I seemed totally out of character for the MC. Plus, what was the point?

After heart break and a break up it is not surprising for a man to do something drastic like go to a strip club, have a one night stand or seek out a prostitute. Sometimes you have to do something to fill that emptiness inside your soul. A little bit of meaningless sex is one way to attempt to recover from that emotional vacuum.

I have been heart broken and dumped before. I didn't go to a strip club. I didn't have the money. Instead I bought a bottle of booze for myself and drank alone until I passed out. In that state of mind a strip club does not seem like the worst idea.

Offering Therapy?

MC was at gun point. He is a boxer not a hostage negotiator. It is not his area of expertise. He did the best he could. It is what it is.

Where was security after all of the guns shots?

They probably locked them self in a the security room turned the lights off and got low to the ground. Then got on the phone with police. We are talking about security guards for a parking garage or even a bouncer at a strip club. They are not the secret service who have sworn to dive in front of a bullet for the president. They are not hired body guards that will lose their meal ticket if someone dies. They are low paid low skilled workers without medical insurance and without a death wish. No rent-a-cop is running towards gunshots unless they are suicidal. A lot of security is not even given a gun. A lot of times they just have a flash light and a phone.

Why not call an ambulance?

The hospital is a few blocks away. Waiting for an ambulance means waiting until police have secured the area. Only then will an ambulance be sent to the scene of an active shooter. It could be over an hour before an ambulance arrives to the scene of an active shooter. Going directly a few blocks in a car at night with low traffic can be done in just a few minutes and was the much fastest option.

Leaving the scene of a shooting? I mean, moving someone who was shot multiple times and throwing them into the back of a car makes total sense.

For a medical emergency. Mike was shot 3 times and was still bleeding. MC had no sort of first aid kit or anything to stop the bleeding. MC is not a medical doctor or a paramedic or nurse. You are right that it might be breaking some sort of law. He definitely broke the law driving without a license. Probably another time leaving the scene of a crime or something I am not a lawyer, but I am sure laws were broken. You are right that it could be risky to move a critically injured person like MC did. At the same time it is also risky to just do nothing and wait for help to arrive. If I were shot 3 times I would much rather have a friend throw me in the back of a car and rush me to the hospital than sit around and bleed out while waiting for an ambulance.
I can't really argue with anything you said and thanks for taking the time to spell out your thoughts.

My views are just opinions and to me, the whole update didn't work for me. The MC is this positive, honest, do the right thing, ride in on a white horse kind of a guy. I just think the whole lying to rose, getting busted, and then going to the club to fuck your problems away didn't fit. And the scene in the garage, well, it is probably more of a preference thing. I just didn't like it and found it a bit silly. But again.... we just post opinions here and we all have different likes and expectations. For me, the bottom line is the last update fell short.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Gunshots are definitely loud enough to be heard inside that. Video games don't do gunshot sounds justice. Search Heat movie shootout if wanna know how loud a gunshot can be.
i know how loud gunshots are and there are various reasons of why that possible guard couldn't hear that sound.

Dec 9, 2020
I like Moon as a dev... he does some great work, but the story has finally jumped the shark for me. I never understood the whole feeling bad about lying to Rose and then going to a strip club. I seemed totally out of character for the MC. Plus, what was the point?

The story started out pretty good and it is important to support devs like this as creating these games is hard, but I guess I was expecting more out of the story; right now it seems to be floundering.
Yeah, I dunno, that whole garage scene was a real wtf. And the MC telling Liam to stay out of the fight he was about to pick with Twinky for knocking Mike out and that he'll deal with him after, um yeah sure, the guy with the gun will just sit back and watch you fight his buddy. :rolleyes:
I like the game, but might be time to just skip the story and just get me to the sexy times.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
The renders and writing have both improved significantly from the early days of production.
I dunno, man. Dialogues are still awkward and wooden, and there are still overabundance of expositions and monologues. The part where Liam found the knife on "wall" (should've been pillar) is especially painful.

It's a Visual Novel. Show, don't tell; let the visuals speak for themselves.

Reactions: isotope and Deboksi
3.60 star(s) 41 Votes