Unity Completed KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
So the body proportions are completely random, right? We don't need to match kobolds with desirable traits to mate to get more like them, or anything like that?

• Sad
Reactions: GreenPotato

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
So the body proportions are completely random, right? We don't need to match kobolds with desirable traits to mate to get more like them, or anything like that?
When they pop out of an egg? More or less. You can still feed them stuff to change their sizes afaik.

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
I'm glad he got back to this, i was worried it was completely abandoned in favor for other games for a while there.
It's weird and jank but i still like it.

FlyingWalruss

Jan 1, 2018
I have built the latest version and as far as I can tell the saving, shower, and multiplayer bugs are fixed. The only thing is you need to close the pause menu after you click the load button to get it to work. Still expect bugs from this version and I have no control over it. This may be my last upload for a while. I am happy to give instruction on how to do this yourself if you want to take over for me.

KoboldKare-2022-1-30 dev build from , expect bugs.

changes since last upload 2022-1-25
View attachment 1627113
Heads up to anyone playing this version, it's got some pretty big save/load issues that were fixed in the version that came out a few days later.

Reactions: SwainMain69

<(0(oo)0)>

Nov 6, 2018
what is mixing with the tub and how do you mix with the tub and does the juice collect in all the containers and is there a easier way of collecting the juice rather than putting a bucket close to the grinder and praying it fills in a bucket

Oct 25, 2021
what is mixing with the tub and how do you mix with the tub and does the juice collect in all the containers and is there a easier way of collecting the juice rather than putting a bucket close to the grinder and praying it fills in a bucket
I doubt you can mix with the tub, and I wish the creator would bring back the old bottles where you didn't have to specifically hit the opening in order for the liquid to go in

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
Here is the instructions to build KoboldKare for your self. The missing assets are probably from wrong blender version or not installed, I had the same problem.

Prerequisites:
Steps:
  1. Right click where you want the KoboldKare Source code folder and select "Git Bash Here". (set where to download)
  2. Type in "git clone " and wait for it to finish. (download the source code and required packages)
  3. Open unity hub, login and skip editor installation for now. (activate unity license on computer)
  4. Open in your browser, find Unity 2020.3.20, and click on unity hub next to it and wait for it to install. (install the correct version)
  5. In Projects tap click on open and open the folder where KoboldKare souce code is. (show where the source code is to unity hub)
  6. Open KoboldKare, wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a fully working copy. (initial setup)
To play in the editor, navigate to "Assets/KoboldKare/Scenes" in the editor browser, open "MainMenu", and click on the play button. To build the game click on Build Settings in File, make sure copy PDB files is off, and click build then where you want it to save.

Updating:
  1. Right click where the KoboldKare Source code is and select "Git Bash Here".
  2. Type in "git reset --hard" (discard unsaved changes so git doesn't yell at you for it.)
  3. Then type in "git pull origin master" (download latest version from GitHub)
  4. Open the project and wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a updated version. (import new assets)
I guess it doesn't like that i have Blender 3.0 installed as well as 2.93, i'm not gonna abandon 3.0 for this so i guess i'll have to rely on people in this thread building the latest version from time to time, all i want is the ability to save honestly, grinding for unlocks only to have it all reset on save load is not worthwhile.

Tried compiling it four times after double and triple checking everything between compiling with a fresh copy, just got a world with most things missing, i decided to stop, don't wanna thrash my SSD more than necessary and as far as i can tell i did everything right, besides having Blender 3.0 installed.

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

Last edited:

mechdragon

Aug 29, 2017
I guess it doesn't like that i have Blender 3.0 installed as well as 2.93, i'm not gonna abandon 3.0 for this so i guess i'll have to rely on people in this thread building the latest version from time to time, all i want is the ability to save honestly, grinding for unlocks only to have it all reset on save load is not worthwhile.

Tried compiling it four times after double and triple checking everything between compiling with a fresh copy, just got a world with most things missing, i decided to stop, don't wanna thrash my SSD more than necessary and as far as i can tell i did everything right, besides having Blender 3.0 installed.

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.
I actually have only the above stuff downloaded and have the exact same problem. I think a step or two was missing or maybe some important part wasnt included, prolly because the instructions guy didnt know something he has installed is important. I too am just gonna wait for the next stable download.

Reactions: SukebeDude

mechdragon

Aug 29, 2017
I've cracked the problem, at least my own, blender doesnt auto set itself as a default app when you first install it. I found a .blend file and just right clicked>open with>selected blender and made sure "always use this app to open .blend files" was ticked.

mechdragon

Aug 29, 2017
Updated Instructions to include the step I outlined earlier

Credit to Boblinker for original

Prerequisites:

Steps:

1. Right click where you want the KoboldKare Source code folder and select "Git Bash Here". (set where to download)
  2. Type in "git clone " and wait for it to finish. (download the source code and required packages)
  3. Go to Desktop and create a new text document, rename it to "Blank.blend", make sure to remove the .txt at the end. (creating a blend file to set default)
  4. Right click and select Open With, find the blender application and, making sure "always use this app to open .blend files" is selected, hit OK. (setting blender as the default app for .blend files)
  5. Open unity hub, login and skip editor installation for now. (activate unity license on computer)
  6. Open in your browser, find Unity 2020.3.20, and click on unity hub next to it and wait for it to install. (install the correct version)
  7. In Projects tap click on open and open the folder where KoboldKare souce code is. (show where the source code is to unity hub)
  8. Open KoboldKare, wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a fully working copy. (initial setup)
To play in the editor, navigate to "Assets/KoboldKare/Scenes" in the editor browser, open "MainMenu", and click on the play button. To build the game click on Build Settings in File, make sure copy PDB files is off, and click build then where you want it to save.

Updating:

1. Right click where the KoboldKare Source code is and select "Git Bash Here".
  2. Type in "git reset --hard" (discard unsaved changes so git doesn't yell at you for it.)
  3. Then type in "git pull origin master" (download latest version from GitHub)
  4. Open the project and wait for it to import, and when its done you should have a updated version. (import new assets)
I started over from the very beginning with the added steps and it works perfectly fine now.

Nov 11, 2020
Just wanted to ask something. I know there was something from Github for Koboldkare based on the sliders that you be more than 1.2 as it's mostly to play solo. Anyone have the link to that perhaps?

iDarknessKun

Jan 18, 2019
Can someone help me? for some reason the sperm does't show for me
even in offline or multiplayer when I masturbate someone the sperm does't show and i not understand this
what is happening?

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
it might
Intel Core i3 2100
8 GB of Ram
Intel HD graphics
(and yeah, the problem is happening in my friend here)
That is an extremely low spec integrated graphics processor. It may not support the proper shaders or needs an update from intel's website. Game uses direct x 11 so maybe start by checking your direct x updates and then your hardware vendor website for igpu updates

Reactions: iDarknessKun

iDarknessKun

Jan 18, 2019
it might

That is an extremely low spec integrated graphics processor. It may not support the proper shaders or needs an update from intel's website. Game uses direct x 11 so maybe start by checking your direct x updates and then your hardware vendor website for igpu updates
Oh thanks...I will do something to solve this

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes