KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Maybe to encourage them to translate more of it and future games?
Or, look at it like this. It's originally released in JP. Even if people are one way or another able to find it somehow in foreign countries, to an extent, they shouldn't be to begin with. So it's most likely expected that you don't even know of the JP version, and therefore, anything extra will probably come in the future.

I never understood this kind of situation, really. The original JP version isn't intended for people in foreign countries. Anything you HAVE been playing, and if it's in any way, shape or form altered by mods or anything, aka, english versions via modding, it's all unofficial. Plus, some stuff may not be here now sure but, if it's like Honey Select, that stuff will come in the future. But my main point again is that by all means, targeted people are those who didn't even know it existed, or at least are willing to support them to begin with.

Reactions: Lefty75uk

MadDany

Jul 9, 2017
So I just realized the game is now on Steam. So questions:

Is the steam version here already? If not, does that mean that the translation on the steam version is better or just the same?

Klolita

Jul 23, 2017
So I just realized the game is now on Steam. So questions:

Is the steam version here already? If not, does that mean that the translation on the steam version is better or just the same?
Was the fan translation ever done?

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Was the fan translation ever done?
It wasn't, and apparently the Steam translation is finished, complete, and professional. The story mode, if not already established, along with anything school related is ripped out. But with a patch, ( that stuff is restored, and the story mode is fully translated.

Reactions: Lefty75uk and swmas

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
Wow a stream version...what i undestand have mod compatibility different from HSU....
But no paid dlc is...well... a bad idea?

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
I got my darkness Part 1 from this link:

Beware though, it breaks a lot of mods and you need to make sure you've updated them to their new compatibility versions if they yet exist.

Edit (guide): I'm not sure how to use it in story mode, but to get it in Free H it's an added option.
are there 2 part to the Darkness DLC?

Lefty75uk

Jan 8, 2019
Or, look at it like this. It's originally released in JP. Even if people are one way or another able to find it somehow in foreign countries, to an extent, they shouldn't be to begin with. So it's most likely expected that you don't even know of the JP version, and therefore, anything extra will probably come in the future.

I never understood this kind of situation, really. The original JP version isn't intended for people in foreign countries. Anything you HAVE been playing, and if it's in any way, shape or form altered by mods or anything, aka, english versions via modding, it's all unofficial. Plus, some stuff may not be here now sure but, if it's like Honey Select, that stuff will come in the future. But my main point again is that by all means, targeted people are those who didn't even know it existed, or at least are willing to support them to begin with.
I can relate to this as I have bought my Koikatu & all DLC's directly from Illusion via my DL membership which are all set for the JP market only.

We all owe the modding community a big thanks for there time and contribution because unless you understand Japanese language the modder's have bridged this gap and much more so all most every one can play and enjoy this software.

So a MASSIVE shout out to maker of the KK-HF Patch because of your time & effort my Koikatu works perfectly in English and as for the other parts you added to this mod my game has never had any problems.

Lefty75uk

Jan 8, 2019
It wasn't, and apparently the Steam translation is finished, complete, and professional. The story mode, if not already established, along with anything school related is ripped out. But with a patch, ( that stuff is restored, and the story mode is fully translated.
I will stick with KK-HF patch as it's tried and tested with my Koikatu & all DLC's and works perfectly with the Download membership version.
Maybe Steam can have an age verification section to obtain the full released version otherwise your only buying 3/4 of this software.

AxelMasters

Jul 27, 2017
Would it be possible for someone to extract the translation from steam's "professional translation" and add it to the mods if it's better or has parts that the mods translations are missing or has it been encrypted?

Reactions: tjabba

MakotoYuki90

Apr 6, 2018
I will stick with KK-HF patch as it's tried and tested with my Koikatu & all DLC's and works perfectly with the Download membership version.
Maybe Steam can have an age verification section to obtain the full released version otherwise your only buying 3/4 of this software.
Jap version all i need (y)

Reactions: Serance

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
I won't lie, I'm interested in the steam version for the translation and authenticity, but surprisingly, people are being a little more dis-interested than I thought, because even Honey Select Unlimited got out sooner than this, and this is a near same situation.

People say to just back-port the translation, but is anybody even going to do that? I figure there'd be more on that if it were, and I'm not in any discord to know sooner if they are, but nonetheless, again, the authenticity still remains from something more official imo. Plus, if it hadn't been for this, there was NEVER going to be a translation. It may have started, but it's taking even longer than most products.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Is the Steam Version censored?
The steam version, unpatched, includes the ability to make characters (With no school related clothing of any sort), and have sex with them in the "Free H", (Or as it's offically localized to be, "Have Sex") mode.

On the a patch is there that restores the story mode and school related clothing and probably Free H/Have Sex mode Maps.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
And the sex scenes? Are the Sex Scenes pixelated? And thanks for the fast answer.
No problem, and I've heard that they are? Even with the patch? But there's mods for this, but considering this is a new version of the game that's just suddenly popping up, it's best to not just use what's out here already. I've heard that the well known HF Patch for the unofficial version of the game will be updated soon to support it, so when they happens, then you can get the HF Patch, and probably get the necessary mods to uncensor them.

Reactions: Noctycula
4.20 star(s) 33 Votes