thesilentking

Jan 23, 2020
Hey so I have had this problem for awhile regardless of if I am using sunshine or the original , I am missing madevil.kk.ass and I have no idea where to download or how to activate , any tips on how to fix this ?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I downloaded all the files, which are in total 4 but some of them contain the same files then, I'm not quite sure what I have to do :s
I personally think it's the newer configuration manager versions that cause the problem. The older one in BR19 works just fine but I have been having the issue since BR20. If you do want to try updating make a backup of the "ConfigurationManager.dll" and "ConfigurationManager.xml" and replace them with these ones.

Reactions: asmode0

asmode0

Apr 24, 2018
TY for the assistance, in the end, I just replaced the files from older to newer and then I copied and pasted all the files into my game root folder but... the problem persists....

Do you think it's due to a mod, because in the last few days I've been downloading too many mods, so I think it could be that, but I'm not sure if a mod is able to damage the plugin list like that..

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
TY for the assistance, in the end, I just replaced the files from older to newer and then I copied and pasted all the files into my game root folder but... the problem persists....

Do you think it's due to a mod, because in the last few days I've been downloading too many mods, so I think it could be that, but I'm not sure if a mod is able to damage the plugin list like that..
That's doesn't sound right. They don't go in the root folder, they go in "BepInEx\plugins". If that's where you put them then my money is still on the new versions bugging out somehow.

asmode0

Apr 24, 2018
That's doesn't sound right. They don't go in the root folder, they go in "BepInEx\plugins". If that's where you put them then my money is still on the new versions bugging out somehow.
oh no no, with root site, I was referring to the folder where the plugins go, that is to say:
...Illusion\Koikatsu\BepInEx\plugins\ConfigurationManager\
I put these just after the folder “ConfigurationManager”.
So, should those files go directly in the "Plugins" folder or in the "ConfigurationManager" folder?

when I refer to "the files", I'm referring to those with dll* and xml* extensions

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
oh no no, with root site, I was referring to the folder where the plugins go, that is to say:
...Illusion\Koikatsu\BepInEx\plugins\ConfigurationManager\
I put these just after the folder “ConfigurationManager”.
So, should those files go directly in the "Plugins" folder or in the "ConfigurationManager" folder?

when I refer to "the files", I'm referring to those with dll* and xml* extensions
I don't know what your whole prosses was but to me it sounds like you may have two conflicting versions now. If you have a folder "ConfigurationManager" and loose dll, xml files in your plugins folder you are just asking for trouble. That's why I said to put them in the plugins folder itself replacing the old ones after you backed them up, just in case.

asmode0

Apr 24, 2018
I don't know what your whole prosses was but to me it sounds like you may have two conflicting versions now. If you have a folder "ConfigurationManager" and loose dll, xml files in your plugins folder you are just asking for trouble. That's why I said to put them in the plugins folder itself replacing the old ones after you backed them up, just in case.
This is the content of my “Plugins” folder.
I don't know since when I have the problem, but it used to work perfectly, even with the new RX21 update.

By the way... I downloaded the file you attached and simply copied it inside the “Plugins” folder it didn't ask me to overwrite, that means both files, they were not there before I pasted them.

I just back into the Studio but I still have the problem. :/

I'm thinking about redownloading the game from scratch... but only save my Mods folder... but first I want to be sure that it is not some mod that is conflicting...

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
This is the content of my “Plugins” folder.
I don't know since when I have the problem, but it used to work perfectly, even with the new RX21 update.

By the way... I downloaded the file you attached and simply copied it inside the “Plugins” folder it didn't ask me to overwrite, that means both files, they were not there before I pasted them.

I just back into the Studio but I still have the problem. :/

I'm thinking about redownloading the game from scratch... but only save my Mods folder... but first I want to be sure that it is not some mod that is conflicting...
I don't know what you did but you have way too many folders in there, some of which aren't even for BepinEx. All three of the actual folders can go along with the github folder unless you added it for, some reason. You only need the dll and xml file in the "plugins" folder. If that doesn't work I have the working files from my R19 you can try before you redownload. It would also be a good idea to save your userdata folder as well if you don't want to lose any cards or scenes.

asmode0

Apr 24, 2018
I don't know what you did but you have way too many folders in there, some of which aren't even for BepinEx. All three of the actual folders can go along with the github folder unless you added it for, some reason. You only need the dll and xml file in the "plugins" folder. If that doesn't work I have the working files from my R19 you can try before you redownload. It would also be a good idea to save your userdata folder as well if you don't want to lose any cards or scenes.
Would it work if I remove absolutely everything from the plugins folder and paste a nearly clean version?
because instead of downloading everything again, i think i just need the plugins folder but without so many extra files and folders that you say are not needed :s

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Would it work if I remove absolutely everything from the plugins folder and paste a nearly clean version?
because instead of downloading everything again, i think i just need the plugins folder but without so many extra files and folders that you say are not needed :s
If you want to go that route I wouldn't just overwrite what you already have. Move your plugins folder somewhere else and replace it with this one. If that doesn't work then I guess the only other thing to do is redownload. I'm out of ideas.

Reactions: asmode0

asmode0

Apr 24, 2018
If you want to go that route I wouldn't just overwrite what you already have. Move your plugins folder somewhere else and replace it with this one. If that doesn't work then I guess the only other thing to do is redownload. I'm out of ideas.

I'm going to try this method, something tells me that this will solve the error... if it doesn't work, unfortunately I just have to download absolutely everything again.
Thanks again for all your support!!

Edit!
I was right!!!
now everything is perfect!
thanks a lot bro!

btw...I seem to remember, that one of the last things I did, was that when I downloaded a rar of Kyonko, where there was supposed to be a character card and mods... when I unzipped the files, there was also a BepinEx folder, so I also copied and pasted those files into my game folder and replaced everything... I'm sure that's where it was, because even as I said, the RX21 version worked perfectly for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Skeltom
4.10 star(s) 37 Votes