Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Does anyone know if amds x3d cpus run the game better than other cpus.
The X3D is just stacked L3 cache and depending on the model it's still only going to be something like +10%~ increase in processing power in some games, it's not like a huge game changer. This game seems to be way more GPU dependent than anything so if your GPU isn't adequate a better CPU wont do anything to change that. Not that it really needs a whole lot but it's Unity DX9 so it needs more than necessary.

Baconbits272

Aug 20, 2023
The X3D is just stacked L3 cache and depending on the model it's still only going to be something like +10%~ increase in processing power in some games, it's not like a huge game changer. This game seems to be way more GPU dependent than anything so if your GPU isn't adequate a better CPU wont do anything to change that. Not that it really needs a whole lot but it's Unity DX9 so it needs more than necessary.
What kind of GPU do you have that it's GPU dependant? The game only utilizes 30-40% of my GPU and that's while using the vr mod with a 150% resolution scale

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
What kind of GPU do you have that it's GPU dependant? The game only utilizes 30-40% of my GPU and that's while using the vr mod with a 150% resolution scale
You seem to have missed the point. The game is more GPU dependent than CPU, it may be 40% GPU usage but it hardly touches my CPU. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell which one is more useful for this game.

Baconbits272

Aug 20, 2023
You seem to have missed the point. The game is more GPU dependent than CPU, it may be 40% GPU usage but it hardly touches my CPU. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell which one is more useful for this game.
It barely touches you cpu because it only uses one core. When using fps vr it says my GPU frame times are around 10ms and my cpu frame times are around 30ms. The game is 100% cpu dependant

ImJustLine

Mar 15, 2019
How many characters are you loading up when you start your save? I ask this as in the past I had the expanded limit and was running max amount of characters, and would get the slow load when first starting the day/class. Also depends on how heavily modded or accessories that the characters have, at least in my experience.

As far as staying if you should continue or go with Sunshine, I would do both. Since Sunshine is a different game, some parts are similar, but it is a different story type thing, and different things to go around and do. Both are good in my opinion, and I personally tend to run Sunshine as a summer break/vacation type of thing if that makes sense.
So... I never counted them how many I have, but actually it must load minimum 7-9 pg per class so probably the problem is there. Thank you so much for pointing it out, I didn’t think of that.
As for the choice of the game I think I will do as you said, I also download the other and see on which I am better/worse and continue there.

ImJustLine

Mar 15, 2019
Just like any other update only. You need to already have better repack RX20 then use the update to make it RX21. If you don't have RX20 to begin with you're better off just getting a fresh RX21 if you want it, do note that it fucks with some very helpful studio options.
Umh, I have a little question.
The version I’m using still has the Repak X13, and since I have to reinstall everything I tried to install the update X21, which worked strangely.
Could such a drastic change of versions through an update that was not planned because it only says from X20 to X21 have somehow broken something in the game?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The version I’m using still has the Repak X13, and since I have to reinstall everything I tried to install the update X21, which worked strangely.
Could such a drastic change of versions through an update that was not planned because it only says from X20 to X21 have somehow broken something in the game?
There is a very good chance. That's the whole reason I said you needed to already have RX20. The RX21 update only was never intended to work with anything else let alone a version so far behind.

Dec 22, 2021
Could be that such a jump would cause issues like Skeltom said, honestly I always update version to version. Like going from X13 to X14, and work my way up to the latest one.

dbuck53

Apr 25, 2024
You updated the game to the latest version. Did you also update the mods in the kkmanager? Outdated mods can also cause long load times.

BigBoyee321

Oct 11, 2020
Everytime I try and open the shader swapper it says I don't have any xuhmi shaders. I have the V+ and VX zipmods, but I am not sure I understand how to import the pack of .shader files.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Everytime I try and open the shader swapper it says I don't have any xuhmi shaders. I have the V+ and VX zipmods, but I am not sure I understand how to import the pack of .shader files.
I don't know what .shader files you are talking about, they aren't a file extension for KK. I just have the "[xukmi][KK] Vanilla Plus v1.3.1.zipmod" in My Mods and it lets me swap them in whenever.

BigBoyee321

Oct 11, 2020
I don't know what .shader files you are talking about, they aren't a file extension for KK. I just have the "[xukmi][KK] Vanilla Plus v1.3.1.zipmod" in My Mods and it lets me swap them in whenever.
Whenever I try and use the shader swap it just gives me this. 20240808_224407.jpg I I can't seem to get whatever shaders needed. I tried looking up xukmi's packs and found one that is split into shader files:

Sorry pretty new at this. :cry:

Hunker453

Sep 18, 2022
First time trying this game out, and I'm puzzled by primarily 2 things:
1. Graphics are incredibly aliased and frankly looks terrible - I can't seem to find any graphical settings and searching this thread for "graphics" only turns up posts people trying to improve performance. Is there really no way to improve the graphical fidelity of the game?

2. Completely lost on the actual gameplay. My objective was "talk to girl", but I've ran around for a good while and the only things I've found are transparent blue models, workout spots, toilets, and 1 event with the cheerleader Sakura. Am I supposed to be able to interact with the transparent blue people? Also why are they just transparent models to begin with? Anyway to display actual models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.10 star(s) 37 Votes