Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Lab Rats 2 Pregnancy Mod

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
title.png
Overview:
The main goal of this mod is to add some exciting interactive pregnancy elements to the game. By having unprotected sex with someone, there is now a chance for the girl to get pregnant. But: the odds of that happening are determined by a new fertility system that tracks each girl's personal ovulation cycle and of course birth control options like condoms or the newly added pill.

Updated: 2020-05-16
Game/Creator: Lab Rats 2 by
Modder: BraveTraveler
Mod Version: 0.28.1.1
Game Version: 0.28.1
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Installation:
Gameplay Guide:

Screenshots:
Notes and Credit:
Bugs and Ideas:
Change-Log:
older Versions

This is my first public mod ever, so have fun trying it out and tell me what you think! :)

Download:

(choose 'Download as .Zip' on the top right)

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017
I've been reading the text through your code instead of playtesting it, so I can't yet say how buggy this is or not. But I am very much liking what I'm reading here. You've integrated things like bareback preferences and such for most parts as far as I could tell (There's only so much I can read over in a short time). And you have a separate version for Lily. I wonder if you had plans to expand that for the other unique characters.

Aside from that, I can see that - assuming I'm understanding the code correctly quickly looking through it - by default literally everyone is using the pill for birth control. I understand that the only way taking them off of it would be to ask them. I would suggest changing that for the following reasons and tell me if you disagree with some of these points:

1. People that don't like to do it bareback tend to use condoms all the time, preventing the necessity for further contraception.

2. There are people that enjoy the risk. Or depend on people pulling out (Which is still a really irresponsible thing by the way!) if they trust their partner. People that enjoy the risk can still take a morning after pill if their partner didn't pull out or they are aware it's a risky day for them.

3. People can forget to take the pill/morning after pill in suggestion #2

4. People want to get pregnant from their partner. As in, people that you try to chat up to may have partners they're trying to start a family with. I'm not saying you should try to simulate a family planner for all the NPC's. Just having flags set differently for some of them regarding contraception makes for interesting things. It also opens up chances for conversation i.e. you picking up that she's trying to start a family and finding out her fertile days and instead, being the Casanova that you are, take her yourself.

Outstanding work so far though, in terms of setup. I'll let you know if I encounter any bugs.

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Thereisnospoon, thanks for the great feedback! Hearing another persons thoughts about it is quite encouraging for me!
you have a separate version for Lily. I wonder if you had plans to expand that for the other unique characters.
I don't have anything specific for that in mind yet, I guess the crucial point for that is having good ideas for writing the actual dialogue. The Lily dialogue kind of came directly to my mind when I thought about them needing to hide the big taboo of incest and all that (at first at least). And because I personally enjoy her storyline the most. But maybe I'll come back to the other girls as well when I'm feeling creative.

by default literally everyone is using the pill for birth control. I understand that the only way taking them off of it would be to ask them. I would suggest changing that for the following reasons and tell me if you disagree with some of these points:
Regarding the default usage of the pill you raise some really good points! To be honest, I didn't think much of it being that way except that I oriented myself on Lab Rats 1 where you also had to corrupt the girls so they stopped using it, and that it was easy coding-wise.
If it wasn't guaranteed that she's 'safe' right away it would introduce an uncertainty which I like, and it opens up some new interesting gameplay elements. So I'll definitely (try to) implement something like that.
I also want to introduce some feedback to the pregnancy mechanics into non-sex dialogue, e.g. one of you commenting on her changing body.

One thing I'd really like to hear some opinions about are the actual consequences of her being pregnant or rather you having a child. Cause right now after some time a crisis event triggers with some basic dialogue and thats basically it. It'd be interesting to add some actual gameplay consequences like you having to pay money (as child support) for an unwanted pregnancy (from the girls perspective), or others would actually pay you for successfully impregnating her (with a story about some limp-dick husband that can't get it done or a lesbian couple idk).

That would create some actual reasons and rewards to bother with the new mechanics besides them being a turn-on. If you or anyone else has more ideas for that, please share them with me! :)

Corinthian

Dec 13, 2017
Hey, breaking my lurk status just to say that the mod doesn't seem to be working at all? Can't talk to anybody due to immediate errors thrown up. Triply sure I installed it correctly as well. :(

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Hey, breaking my lurk status just to say that the mod doesn't seem to be working at all? Can't talk to anybody due to immediate errors thrown up. Triply sure I installed it correctly as well. :(
Ouch, that's rough! Is it possible you're using a different version of the game than Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1 ?
Since the code can change a lot between game releases, having is really important. Immediate crashes when talking to someone could hint to that, since this was the update character animations were added.
Loading older savegames can create issues as well, maybe you could try starting a new game and see if the errors persist?

It may very well be my mistake as well, if you want you can post the error code inside a spoiler tag then I could help you better :)

Reactions: Corinthian

Corinthian

Dec 13, 2017
Ouch, that's rough! Is it possible you're using a different version of the game than Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1 ?
Since the code can change a lot between game releases, having is really important. Immediate crashes when talking to someone could hint to that, since this was the update character animations were added.
Loading older savegames can create issues as well, maybe you could try starting a new game and see if the errors persist?

It may very well be my mistake as well, if you want you can post the error code inside a spoiler tag then I could help you better :)
Hey, thanks for responding!

I think this ended up being a "me" problem, because I just deleted the whole folder, reinstalled everything including the mod, and it works fine now! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Seems like a cool mod so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: BraveTraveler

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
i get this every time i try to talk to someone
Hmm, this seems to be something less obvious :unsure: Is it possible that there was some modification on the gamefiles beforehand? Because right now I have no idea how to reproduce the error with my setup. What could always help is to a clean version of the game, re-downloading and installing the mod again and trying to start a new game. Hopefully that fixes your issue!

Last edited:

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Hey, thanks for responding!

I think this ended up being a "me" problem, because I just deleted the whole folder, reinstalled everything including the mod, and it works fine now! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Seems like a cool mod so far.
Gladly! I'm happy you managed to get it working! Sometimes it's kind of awkward, if just one teensy thing gets wrong while installing or playing you can get the weirdest issues, but most of the time shit hits the fan altogether :poop:

Sep 10, 2017
Okay so I got the same error as james_97 and I am under the suspicion that Corinthian has the exact same problem. Thankfully, I know how to reproduce the error so you can figure it out:

1. Download and install Lab Rats 2 0.25.1.
2. Download and install the cheat mods: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/ (0.25.1 beta version)
3. Download and install the bug fix at cheat mods
4. Download and install the pregnancy mod.

The game will crash now when you're trying to talk to someone, with the same error as james_97 mentions.

However, if you completely skip step #3, everything will work... That is, until a few events in and then the game crashes due to out of memory error when trying to save the game. I wasn't able to progress past heavy foreplay in a new game without the out of memory error (I have 32 GB memory and looking at task manager, the game was only taking up ~880 MB).

So, don't really have a solution here to make it work, but at least can tell you how to get the errors.

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Okay so I got the same error as james_97 and I am under the suspicion that Corinthian has the exact same problem. Thankfully, I know how to reproduce the error so you can figure it out:

2. Download and install the cheat mods: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/ (0.25.1 beta version)

The game will crash now when you're trying to talk to someone, with the same error as james_97 mentions.

However, if you completely skip step #3, everything will work... That is, until a few events in and then the game crashes due to out of memory error when trying to save the game. I wasn't able to progress past heavy foreplay in a new game without the out of memory error (I have 32 GB memory and looking at task manager, the game was only taking up ~880 MB).

So, don't really have a solution here to make it work, but at least can tell you how to get the errors.
Thanks for the pointer, that's really helpful! I definitely forgot to consider the extra bugfix file from the LR2Mod collection when I tried to make them work together. That must be the cause of the issue, I'll see what I can do about it right away!

Reactions: Thereisnospoon

james_97

Jun 14, 2017
Hmm, this seems to be something less obvious :unsure: Is it possible that there was some modification on the gamefiles beforehand? Because right now I have no idea how to reproduce the error with my setup. What could always help is to a clean version of the game, re-downloading and installing the mod again and trying to start a new game. Hopefully that fixes your issue!
Tried a clean game and save but i get the same thing

Sep 10, 2017
Tried a clean game and save but i get the same thing
I did explain what exactly causes the issue. Skipping step #3 in my previous post will allow you to play the game and mod. However, doing so means that you will encounter other bugs at some point, or in the worst case - like me - the dreaded "out of memory" error.

But if you're lucky enough you may be able to explore the mod because you run into the issues late enough.

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
I've decided to rewrite the code to work with the lr2mods bugfix functions, so the mod will be properly usable with the LR2 Mod collection. That of course means that newer versions of my mod will require the bugfix files to be installed, but since most people will want to use them anyways its hopefully not that much of a drawback. It's a bit challenging for me, but that way you're not forced to decide between the two, but instead get all the new functionality together. Until this is done, you'll have to settle on using the pregnancy mod with just the vanilla version or risk errors after some time with the mod pack installed.

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Hey guys! I'm finally done with converting everything to (hopefully) work with the Lab Rats 2 Mod Collection including the bugfixes, yay! Note, that both are now also required for the mod to work, so check out the updated Installation Instructions in the sticky! So you could give it another try if you had issues before and let me know your new feedback!

Last edited:
Reactions: Misty

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020

i get this every time i try to talk to someone

I really hoped this time it won't clash with the other mod

Oh btw I thought you were the other guy
The new updated version of the mod should solve the thebugfix issues (hopefully)!
So you can give it another chance if you feel like it (be sure to check the new Installation Instructions) and let me know what you think :)
I'm really looking forward for your feedback!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thereisnospoon

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
gave it another try it's pretty good but still far from perfect
asking girls to follow you resets their slutiness
I changed the mother to work for me and after that she disappeared from the house

also I got this

keep working on it I really enjoy it

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
gave it another try it's pretty good but still far from perfect
asking girls to follow you resets their slutiness
I changed the mother to work for me and after that she disappeared from the house

also I got this

keep working on it I really enjoy it
damn, you're right. I know what causes the condom exception, that will be fixed soon. I'm calling code from the lr2mod that wasn't finished for all cases yet, my bad. I'll look into the other issues as well, though it might be they are unrelated to my mod, since the lr2mod isn't completely finished and bug-free as well. But that was helpful, thanks!

Edit: the condom exception should be fixed now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Misty