Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Lab Rats 2 Pregnancy Mod

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
damn, you're right. I know what causes the condom exception, that will be fixed soon. I'm calling code from the lr2mod that wasn't finished for all cases yet, my bad. I'll look into the other issues as well, though it might be they are unrelated to my mod, since the lr2mod isn't completely finished and bug-free as well. But that was helpful, thanks!

Edit: the condom exception should be fixed now!
I realized the error log problem occurs because of different mod I installed the mom disappearing is still unrelated I think

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
The mod has this weird bug where when you initiate recruitment with sarah it goes in a loop until it fills all of your open jobs

It always accurs then gives me this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Hey guys! I'm back with another quick stability update. Since the lr2mod was updated and merged version branches I matched my used code, so it's using the most recent lr2mod version (for now). The download links for them are updated. Also I fixed an issue that caused my mod to change the person information interface while talking with someone back to the "simpler" vanilla interface.

The mod has this weird bug where when you initiate recruitment with sarah it goes in a loop until it fills all of your open jobs

It always accurs then gives me this
So EquineHung, hopefully using the newest lr2mod files will fix the issues you described!

Seems to be working fine now! I'll give more elaborate feedback in 24 hours. Cheers!
Spoon, did you get around to try it? :)

Sep 10, 2017
Sorry about the delay. I didn't come up with any errors so far (Which is a good thing of course) , so I'm going to just focus on other areas. But that means it's just suggestions for content or polishing.

1. Some people do not seem to object or even respond (like Lily) to you declining to use protection. Example:
"Please use a condom."
"No, I'm not going to."
*scene proceeds without her even telling to you to be careful and pull out or try to convince you otherwise.*
Sometimes people do mention that and for some people it doesn't. They don't even acknowledge it with an "hmm... okay" or anything like that. When I checked the code in the weekend it did mention that the requests/responses change depending on love/obedience, but I don't think it was supposed to literally skip to the next scene right away.

2. Having likes/dislikes factor in stronger how they respond would be nice. i.e. offering a condom that's intentionally sabotaged because she wants to get pregnant or something like that would be nice. It would be great if you could change people's behavior depending on serums, too. I.e. in heat serums or the likes.

3. The Lab Rats 2 mod pack features an optional NTR toggle that lets you notice a scene where you notice them have sex with strangers. I don't think you included the option of them getting pregnant from that as well. I assume it would be quite hard because you'd have to rework how the pregnancy reactions and such are. (i.e. she gets pregnant from someone else and then tells you she's pregnant because you haven't been using condoms... even though you perhaps never had sex with her in the first place), or NPC's with relations with other people without the NTR part.

4. Perhaps integrate pregnancy talks with your mother when she asks for your weekly money contribution for (potential) favors and perhaps add in a kink here and there for the "I'll pay you double if you don't take birth control this week and let me have sex with you once." kind of talks?

5. Same goes for Lily. She has certain events where she asks if she can test your serums for money. You could either add the #2 suggestion for these kinds of events. Or even try and be creative and have her take a "serum" vaginally :p

6. As for #2 and #5, perhaps have serums that break birth control. There are also literal Fertility serums but they do something very different than what you'd expect from such a name.

Just a few things here.

Reactions: byran47

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
5. Same goes for Lily. She has certain events where she asks if she can test your serums for money. You could either add the #2 suggestion for these kinds of events. Or even try and be creative and have her take a "serum" vaginally :p

6. As for #2 and #5, perhaps have serums that break birth control. There are also literal Fertility serums but they do something very different than what you'd expect from such a name.

Just a few things here.
5.working wuth the lr2 modders there is the vaginal fetish serum that could be something

6. maybe the mod could interact with the hormonal ovulation serum

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks a lot for the feedback for both of you, I really appreciate it! :) I'll just go through your suggestions one by one:

1. that's definitely not the intended behavior :confused: I added text specifically for those cases, in your example it should go like:
    Girl: Do you think you should put a condom on? Maybe it's a good idea, [even though I'm on the pill]/[especially since I'm not on the pill].
    Player: No way. I want to feel you wrapped around me. {you chose no condom}
    Girl: [Just make sure to pull out if you're going to cum, okay? And keep in mind that I'm not on the pill at the moment!] / [Just make sure to pull out if you're going to cum, okay?]
    When I tested it right now with the most recent mod version, it seemed to work as well. Maybe I overlooked something or there was an error in the previous version because I edited that label. Maybe just updating the mod would fix that issue for you, but I'll definitely test this further since it's really important to get that kind of response from the girl.

2. I think that this would be a nice addition as well! I think I'll add another variable to each girl that holds a list of more specific information, like: does she know she is pregnant | did she tell you she is pregnant if it's yours | does she try to get pregnant or the opposite. Based on that you could write meaningful content as you described, or influence it based on serums or your relationship.

3. you're right, at the moment only the player can get someone pregnant. If the girl is having someone else's baby could be another variable that would be used like the ones I mentioned in 2). So there's a random chance girls get pregnant as a result of their own relationship. However adding this with all the necessary dialogue for it to be meaningful would be quite the effort, but I like the idea.

4. and 5. really like that idea! It would only fit into the theme of gradually corrupting the girls and pushing their boundaries further and further. This event could also serve as an specific requirement for you to take Lily or Mom off of the pill at all, because they get the appeal of that kind of risky sex. This would also take some time to complete.
6. I'll absolutely play around with adding serum effects that would make the whole thing even more interesting.​

Last edited:

drchainchair

Mar 29, 2019
Thanks for your mod.

Critical bug where days_pregnant is not incremented, because it's > 0 not >= 0 or != -1 under section #______Pregnancy Progress______

Reactions: BraveTraveler

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks for your mod.

Critical bug where days_pregnant is not incremented, because it's > 0 not >= 0 or != -1 under section #______Pregnancy Progress______
Wow, that's dumb on my part. Halfway through I changed the variable assignment for first day of pregnancy from 1 to 0 and apparently forgot to change it there. At least it's an easy fix (it already is in the new version I just pushed), thanks for telling me!

For everyone else: I just uploaded a new version which edits all vaginal sex positions to include the birth-control related dialogue when you finish (e.g. a girls reaction when you cum inside her without contraceptives) for multiple sluttiness levels. It's not perfect and I'd like to add more varying text so it doesn't become repetitive, but for now some feedback is better than no feedback. That meant editing 1700 lines of existing code, so errors are to be expected :)
I also updated the lr2mod & bugfix links, since the most recent version seems to work just fine with my mod.
Let me know if you find any bugs, have other feedback or if you have a suggestion that wasn't mentioned in the thread before!

Last edited:
Reactions: mdaemon and Misty

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
this is realy good, shame no images =(
Thanks, I know ._.
But unfortunately I have no clue about adding, let alone creating and rendering new character models to the game. I kinda manage the coding part with the help of superficial knowledge and a lot of trial and error, but that stuff is way above my head.

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
I don't know if this has been incorporated into the mod, but some women irl get off on the idea of getting pregnant. Risk is a pretty hot kink. That might make for some very interesting sexual encounters in the game.

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
I don't know if this has been incorporated into the mod, but some women irl get off on the idea of getting pregnant. Risk is a pretty hot kink. That might make for some very interesting sexual encounters in the game.
Not yet, really. But I'm in the process of extending the "risky" aspect of the whole thing while changing the way girls choose to take birth control pills, because Thereisnospoon gave some good arguments against the way it works currently (every girl taking the pill by default). One part of that will be girls that enjoy risky sex without any contraception as well as girls not taking the pill because they are in a stable relationship or actively try to get pregnant from their boyfriend/husband.

Edit: by the way, I haven't missed that Vren released Lab Rats 2 v0.26.1 and will soon™ get the mod up to date as well

Last edited:

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
I'm back with an update, you guys (finally)!
There's a new system that replaces the old behavior (every girl's on the pill automatically) with a new dynamic one that considers her official relationship status when assigning her birth control usage.

If she's single, she's probably (but not guaranteed) still on oral birth control, but a married woman?
Not so much, as she may very well try to have a baby with her husband! These properties can change over time, as she may have a wish for a child only later on, or her relationship itself changed.
There's also a new personal preference for "risky" sex for girls with related fetishes.

As a consequence, I changed the "birth control talk" option a bit and it's still a bit rough, but hopefully works for now.
There's also a new placeholder crisis event for when a girl notices you got her pregnant.

EDIT: I updated some of the code and after some time of testing it appears that a new updated-updated version of the mod works with v26.0.1! Just use the main-download link in the first post to get it (as well as the updated lr2mod links)! But for now, consider it an v0.26.0.1 alpha, or something among those lines ;)

Last edited:

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
whenever I ask someone to follow me I get this eror

is that one of yours?
That was a bug with lr2mods and the newest version of the game, but they fixed it two hours ago so I updated the link! So you can just re-download and overwrite the most recent LR2 Mods develop version (you can use the link in the main post) and it should solve this problem.

Reactions: EquineHung

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
I stopped playing Lab Rats 2 till this. Now everyone if knocked up or on their way to be!!!!!
My left testicle for prego bellies though.

Does (the_person) 's kid count go up with each birth? It'd be awesome to see like 15 kids, etc.

Last edited: