Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Lab Rats 2 Pregnancy Mod

Barrett74

May 13, 2018
one thing i noticed , dont know if its something to do with the pregnancy mod or not but after a the woman give birth to your kid or kids her breasts keep shrinking, to give you a idea, i gave jennifer "DDD" tits after two kids she was down to a "AA" tits.

Sep 10, 2017
By the way, it is possible to ask a woman about birth control and then ask for their fertility days and them having the dialogue about something along the lines of "We'll find out if you got me pregnant" or something along those lines when the woman might still be either a virgin or you haven't had sex with them at all (Or any, any lewd acts for that matter). This of course would make no sense. ;)

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
what about some fertility pills/serum for the mc? (I know it doesn't make much sense since the game revolves around giving serums to the girls... but I rather have it that way if possible)
I thought about that idea as well. The thing is, the existing serum system doesn't support changing the mc, so anything in that regard would have to be created from the ground up. And for now I'm hesitant to start another new system when the existing one (serums for girls) does almost the same thing and already works. Maybe I'll add some kind of workaround solution for that later.

one thing i noticed , dont know if its something to do with the pregnancy mod or not but after a the woman give birth to your kid or kids her breasts keep shrinking, to give you a idea, i gave jennifer "DDD" tits after two kids she was down to a "AA" tits.
Thanks for the feedback, that's on me. My intention was that during pregnancy, every day there's a chance that the girls breasts will grow. On average, this would happen 3 times, so I was reducing the breast size by a fixed 3 when she was actually giving birth (I liked the idea of the pregnancy slightly changing her appearance). Since most of the factors are random, you probably ended up with a few (un)lucky dice rolls and the shrinkage surpassed the previous growth. I'll look into that and probably remove a bit of the randomness to avoid weird situations like yours!

By the way, it is possible to ask a woman about birth control and then ask for their fertility days and them having the dialogue about something along the lines of "We'll find out if you got me pregnant" or something along those lines when the woman might still be either a virgin or you haven't had sex with them at all (Or any, any lewd acts for that matter). This of course would make no sense. ;)
You are right, that makes no sense and is immersion breaking. Added it to my ToDo-List, Thanks!

As a general update, unfortunately I didn't have that much time the last couple of days to continue working on the mod (as apparently the pandemic that will end all days is upon us), but now I'm back implementing new fertility serums that will unlock a higher tier of related traits after successfully impregnating a girl (while she is affected by it)!

If you have cool suggestions or ideas for fertility/pregnancy-related serum traits, please let me know! :)

Reactions: EquineHung

drchainchair

Mar 29, 2019
It's really easy to make new serum traits using the LR2Mods framework. I made the following:

1. Ovulation inducer
2. +Fertility
3. Remove birth control
4. Remove birth control (doesn't know)

#4 involved just a global replacement of 'on_pill' and one or two extra lines elsewhere but that was fairly easy to do with Notepad++. Basically you get the dialogue for being on the pill but she's really not. #1 involved moving the fertility math to it's own function since it now needs to be called from multiple places.

Todo:

5. Pregnancy speed

Reactions: BraveTraveler
Sep 10, 2017
It's really easy to make new serum traits using the LR2Mods framework. I made the following:

1. Ovulation inducer
2. +Fertility
3. Remove birth control
4. Remove birth control (doesn't know)

#4 involved just a global replacement of 'on_pill' and one or two extra lines elsewhere but that was fairly easy to do with Notepad++. Basically you get the dialogue for being on the pill but she's really not. #1 involved moving the fertility math to it's own function since it now needs to be called from multiple places.

Todo:

5. Pregnancy speed
Ah, but they were talking about serums affecting the MC. L2Mods also has their own serums and as you said, framework. But they only work/are set up for the women.

Menzo

Oct 9, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9119, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/Mods/Starbuck/Starbuck_Role.rpy", line 903, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = missionary, start_object = make_floor(), skip_intro = True) from _call_fuck_person_SBS80
  File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 224, in script
    call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_round_choice_menu(the_person, position_choice, ignore_taboo = ignore_taboo)]))
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 11, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 11, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 14, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 21, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 46, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 83, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 91, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 92, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 92, in keywords
NameError: name 'person_info_ui_get_formatted_tooltip' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod/PregoLabelOverride.rpyc", line 35, in script call
    �O���m�|MfK:���nBr~�3ȗ��Vx��Ƌ=�q�抬v;�!��r����O��Siٔ�9�,�D?�K�
    call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = missionary, start_object = make_floor(), skip_intro = True) from _call_fuck_person_SBS80
    call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_round_choice_menu(the_person, position_choice, ignore_taboo = ignore_taboo)]))
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 14, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 21, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 46, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 83, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 91, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 92, in execute
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod for v0.26.1/Prego_enhanced_person_info_ui.rpy", line 92, in keywords
  File "<screen language>", line 95, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.26.1
Sat Mar 21 00:58:22 2020

coyote10k

Jan 24, 2019
I just had a thought that I wanted to share. Office policy, dependent on unlocking at least paid serum testing (or mandatory if preferred) that makes all employees go off the pill. "In your employment contract you agreed to be available to test new serums being developed, and we can't risk potential interactions with other medications during testing. It could be dangerous for you and skew our test results."

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Mods/PregnancyMod/PregoLabelOverride.rpyc", line 35, in script call
    �O���m�|MfK:���nBr~�3ȗ��Vx��Ƌ=�q�抬v;�!��r����O��Siٔ�9�,�D?�K�
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Intel\Logs\New folder\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "<screen language>", line 95, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.26.1
Sat Mar 21 00:58:22 2020
Thanks for the report! Since it's LR2 Mod Starbuck related it could be that the PregMod has nothing to do with it, but I'll check if I messed something up on my side.

I just had a thought that I wanted to share. Office policy, dependent on unlocking at least paid serum testing (or mandatory if preferred) that makes all employees go off the pill. "In your employment contract you agreed to be available to test new serums being developed, and we can't risk potential interactions with other medications during testing. It could be dangerous for you and skew our test results."
That's a neat idea! I will definitely keep it in mind and see how I can implement it. Thanks! :giggle:

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Update time, everyone! The most important change are the newly added serum traits (as well as a modified existing one). The most straightforward one would be a new fertility serum. But to make things (hopefully) more interesting, you get access to the 'Unproven Fertility Enhancer' trait with research tier 2, which you can use to unlock upgraded versions of the serum as soon as you impregnate a girl that's affected by it. The final upgrade provides a great temporary boost to fertility, as well as a small permanent fertility increase for the girl.

The standard 'Hormonal Ovulation' trait now induces ovulation in the girl, as the name would suggest.
A new 'Contraception Counteragent' trait can be used to overpower the oral birth control a girl might be on, so she might get pregnant regardless of pill usage, although at a reduced rate. If a pregnant girl is under the effect of 'Gestational Catalyst' over night, the progress of her pregnancy will be increased.

Smaller changes include some of the suggestions you guys had, like removing the randomness in boob growth during pregnancy and some dialogue that didn't really make sense.

Reactions: Thereisnospoon

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Update is compatible with already existing saves or we need to start new game ?
You could try it with an old save, I didn't change anything that will break it, but I can't guarantee it will work. But should you experience issues, starting a new game is always the safest bet.

Menzo

Oct 9, 2018
Thanks for the report! Since it's LR2 Mod Starbuck related it could be that the PregMod has nothing to do with it, but I'll check if I messed something up on my side.
I only get the error with the Pregnancy mod installed, once removed the error goes away.

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
I only get the error with the Pregnancy mod installed, once removed the error goes away.
Do you have a recent LR2 mod & bugfix version installed? I looked into it and it and your game can't find a function that should be defined in the LR2 mod files. My mod replaces some screen code that will call it from there, so my guess would be a version incompatibility. Could you try to update your mod files (lr2mod+bugfixes) with the links provided in the first post and see if it helps?

Sep 10, 2017
This is a great feature addition. I didn't look into the code (At first glance everything seems to work for a new game (i.e. research shows up for those serums) but that's as far as I've gotten for now) but I am hoping there are (or there are plans for) reactions to a woman getting pregnant despite her being on birth control. And if the woman is married/cheating (from l2mods sister/mom events?), perhaps not even knowing who the father might be (And different reactions to whether they were trying for a baby or using protection)

And then perhaps even different reactions depending on "high sluttiness/low love", "high obedience/low sluttiness" etc... The possibilities are almost endless here; but seeing how hard it is to include every single variable here, it's probably a real pain in the ass to develop all of these reactions. I'm sure you've thought of that conundrum before as well, so I am wondering what your thoughts are about tackling these (if at all).

I mean you could just simplify it and instead of "High/low" of all these variations, just have "Whichever of the three is highest", which would narrow it down to 3 variations which is a lot more manageable, and then 2 variations (trying for one/surprise pregnancy)

It's basically just a question of "How far are you intending to go with this?". If it wasn't for your mod by the way, I wouldn't nearly have been this interested in the game. (y)

Sep 10, 2017
I wonder if the Hormonal Ovulation works. In "PregoSerums.rpy" line 26, the positive slug of "induces ovulation" is something I couldn't find in-game in the description. It just increases sluttiness and value.

p.s. it would be nice to be able to induce ovulation without increasing sluttiness. I honestly think you could remove that part of the ovulation trait since there are like 10 other ways to increase sluttiness anyway. Thoughts?

Edit: Got an error after sleeping. I just threw in a couple of your serum effects in one and let someone drink it, had sex, and then slept. She might or might not have gotten pregnant yet. Perhaps the catalyst breaks if they're not yet?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kaftan

Jan 12, 2020
Not sure if its this mod or the CHEAT mod... I started new game and i got an error while hiring first woman ... 1st i installed bugfixes next i installed cheat mod and then i pasted pregnancy mod to game folder

Edit: after removing the pregnancy mod - problems still exist. Sorry for disturbing

Last edited:

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
I am hoping there are (or there are plans for) reactions to a woman getting pregnant despite her being on birth control. And if the woman is married/cheating (from l2mods sister/mom events?), perhaps not even knowing who the father might be (And different reactions to whether they were trying for a baby or using protection)

And then perhaps even different reactions depending on "high sluttiness/low love", "high obedience/low sluttiness" etc... The possibilities are almost endless here; but seeing how hard it is to include every single variable here, it's probably a real pain in the ass to develop all of these reactions. I'm sure you've thought of that conundrum before as well, so I am wondering what your thoughts are about tackling these (if at all).

I mean you could just simplify it and instead of "High/low" of all these variations, just have "Whichever of the three is highest", which would narrow it down to 3 variations which is a lot more manageable, and then 2 variations (trying for one/surprise pregnancy)
For now the girls reactions when getting pregnant are fairly limited, partly because, as you said yourself, implementing fitting dialogue for a variety of situations will be quite some work that I didn't put in yet in that regard.

So far I don't really have an exact plan about how I will implement this kind of 'personal level' stuff (so far feedback mostly happens during sex; also your approach sounds clever and manageable!), and I agree that there should be more related content as this makes the whole topic of pregnancy meaningful and interesting.

I think that will be the next thing I'll look into!

It's basically just a question of "How far are you intending to go with this?". If it wasn't for your mod by the way, I wouldn't nearly have been this interested in the game. (y)
Well, for now I have fun working on the mod and the overall feedback motivates me a lot! As long as people are interested and have cool suggestions that are doable (for me) I'll continue working on it and just see where it goes.

But I don't want to make promises I can't keep, so keep your expectations low and you'll only be able to be surprised positively. ;)
You're giving very helpful input and feedback by the way, I really appreciate it! :giggle:

I wonder if the Hormonal Ovulation works. In "PregoSerums.rpy" line 26, the positive slug of "induces ovulation" is something I couldn't find in-game in the description. It just increases sluttiness and value.

p.s. it would be nice to be able to induce ovulation without increasing sluttiness. I honestly think you could remove that part of the ovulation trait since there are like 10 other ways to increase sluttiness anyway. Thoughts?

Edit: Got an error after sleeping. I just threw in a couple of your serum effects in one and let someone drink it, had sex, and then slept. She might or might not have gotten pregnant yet. Perhaps the catalyst breaks if they're not yet?
Hm, I can't seem to recreate the first issue, every time I test it the Ovulation Serum is modified correctly for me.
Maybe it has something to do with loading an existing save vs. starting a new game (which I'm doing for testing) because the 'old' serum definitions are already circulating within the game?
At least the Catalyst serum error after sleeping was easy to fix, thanks for spotting it!
I intend to add something anyways that makes girls in general more receptive to sex when they're ovulating, so the additional sluttiness on the serum probably won't be needed by then.

若不是您的MOD,我不會喜歡上這款遊戲!
Sorry my chinese is a bit rusty, but if you're saying what I think you're saying (aka Google Translate), then: Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Thereisnospoon

Malen

Aug 12, 2017
Hi!

Great mod, and seems to be going to the right direction, but I have some suggestion.
It would be great if you could track somehow how many children do you have, and with whom.
Also, a way to visit your children (is it always boys, or I just have been tricked by the random generator?). This obviously depends on what your relationship is with the mother, meaning did you "kept it in the family", you being the father is a secret (lover at the conception time) or not (single at the conception time, or girlfriend). If you go with the realistic route, this could even mean child support (if you being a father is not a secret), and effect on the relationship with the mother. Was the child a result of a love interest, or blackmail? Did you spent some time with a random prostitute (whom may not even remember your name), or maybe it was a stealthly removed condom that impregnated the girl?