Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Lab Rats 2 Pregnancy Mod

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
BraveTraveler Looks like Vren might be working on pregnancy content for version .29 or .30. Once the mod is updated and working right, would you consider offering it to him to give him a headstart?

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
BraveTraveler Looks like Vren might be working on pregnancy content for version .29 or .30. Once the mod is updated and working right, would you consider offering it to him to give him a headstart?
That's nice to hear! I would be perfectly fine with that, but I don't know if the quality of my code would even be up to Vrens standards :poop: He knows coding and his game much better than me and probably has his own ideas for a pregnancy feature. But should he want to use anything regardless, he'd be welcome to do so.

Darklich

Mar 11, 2020
Hi, I fixed the code that makes caused the blank text in buttons to appear on using this on 28.1. I haven't tested it extensively, but it should no longer have that problem. Just wanted to help everyone out if they wanted to play 28.1 with this mod.

(BraveTraveller, I just added 3 extra lines of code in talk_person_pm to match the original code in talk_person, if that helps?).

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Hi, I fixed the code that makes caused the blank text in buttons to appear on using this on 28.1. I haven't tested it extensively, but it should no longer have that problem. Just wanted to help everyone out if they wanted to play 28.1 with this mod.

(BraveTraveller, I just added 3 extra lines of code in talk_person_pm to match the original code in talk_person, if that helps?).
Hey, yes - the changes in the v0.28.1 talk_person label must have caused the issue. I just checked the other files the mod depends on for changes and updated the main post with a link for a (hopefully) 0.28.1 compatible version. Thanks for the help!

any news on a version for 28.1?
It's out now! The updates are a bit delayed cause I want to use a stable lr2mod version, which understandably takes some days after a new game update.

As always, just post any errors or issues you might get with the new version in the thread!

undeadangel

Feb 20, 2018
Hey, yes - the changes in the v0.28.1 talk_person label must have caused the issue. I just checked the other files the mod depends on for changes and updated the main post with a link for a (hopefully) 0.28.1 compatible version. Thanks for the help!

It's out now! The updates are a bit delayed cause I want to use a stable lr2mod version, which understandably takes some days after a new game update.

As always, just post any errors or issues you might get with the new version in the thread!
Thanks i was expecting you to say another week or so but hell yeah!

Sedem

Jan 20, 2017
not sure if it's the mod pack or this, but when you try to pick a new outfit for them, it's blank boxes

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
not sure if it's the mod pack or this, but when you try to pick a new outfit for them, it's blank boxes
Have you created a new outfit before going to pick a new one? If not, you have to enter the outfit creator to do so, which is a button on the top left of the screen.

Sedem

Jan 20, 2017
Have you created a new outfit before going to pick a new one? If not, you have to enter the outfit creator to do so, which is a button on the top left of the screen.
I have created outfits and implement them at the office, it's when selecting one for a specific individual. I meant within the "Give Her a Command" screen, when you select "Change your wardrobe" it opens four blank boxes.

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Idea - add pregnancy status (if aware) to the girl's detailed information screen.
Idea - remove 'Maybe you knocked me up' type lines when creaming a pregnant girl, in favor of 'Well, I can't get any more pregnant then I already am' type lines.

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
I have created outfits and implement them at the office, it's when selecting one for a specific individual. I meant within the "Give Her a Command" screen, when you select "Change your wardrobe" it opens four blank boxes.
Have you installed the "Extras Pack"? That's the one that creates the problem with the "change your wardrobe" function. Specifically the problem is found in the extras_wardrobe.rpy file (and of course extras_wardrobe.rpyc). Delete that file (also the .rpyc), and you'll be fine. Of course, this means, you won't get the extra wardrobe stuff, but since it doesn't work anyway, it's irrelevant.

Shtradha

Apr 12, 2018
The mod could still fix bugs or missing features in the main game on top of adding new ones. In 0.29.0 pregnancy did indeed get added in the main game, but certain scenes do not reflect that.

For example, in the main game, game\limited_time_events.rpy line 58. This event & requirement are now totally out of sync with 0.29.0; Why would the mother ask for him to impregnate her when she's still on birth control? Why does the PC have to ask her to get off birth control if she herself wants it in such an event as well? The requirement section from the line mentioned is completely missing that part. It would need a complete overhaul of the event, possibly even branches of it depending on whether you asked her to get off birth control or if she wants to herself.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
I have game verson 0.34.2 is it compatible ?
The base game includes pregnancy now, which was added in v0.29.0, so there's no real need for this mod with the latest versions of Lab Rats 2. I would guess that's why this mod hasn't been updated recently, because there simply isn't a need for it anymore. As such this mod is probably not compatible anymore either, though of course you're free to try it and see. The fact that this mod hasn't been updated in a while would probably mean that you may well experience any number of potential issues and possible game crashes, but, as I've said, you can give it a try and see what happens. However, if it doesn't work and/or does cause issues, I'm not sure what the chances are of getting any sort of fixes because the creator of this mod seems to have ceased posting and/or visiting the site around mid-May 2020.

Reactions: EquineHung