Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Lab Rats 2 Pregnancy Mod

Badrabbit

Jul 19, 2017
I don't know if you are interested but I've redone to some extent the sex labels. Girls reactions didn't seem to be 100% consistent with their likes. I have tried to change that. I have also redone cumming to be its own label depending on location. I'm not finished with messing about with it but I thought that I would share it at this stage to see what people thought. If you want to use the code to any extent please feel free to do so. The one that says submitted should work. The other one is in progress.

Last edited:

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
Hi!

Great mod, and seems to be going to the right direction, but I have some suggestion.
It would be great if you could track somehow how many children do you have, and with whom.
Also, a way to visit your children (is it always boys, or I just have been tricked by the random generator?). This obviously depends on what your relationship is with the mother, meaning did you "kept it in the family", you being the father is a secret (lover at the conception time) or not (single at the conception time, or girlfriend). If you go with the realistic route, this could even mean child support (if you being a father is not a secret), and effect on the relationship with the mother. Was the child a result of a love interest, or blackmail? Did you spent some time with a random prostitute (whom may not even remember your name), or maybe it was a stealthly removed condom that impregnated the girl?
Hey, thanks for your feedback and your suggestions :)
All this would be a cool addition to the mod, however it would take a lot of work to write the fitting content because you'd need to consider so many different factors. Also, for me at least, the most enjoyable part of the mod is the whole 'risk' aspect (and as a result, pregnant women being frisky) and not so much the 'after', when she's done giving birth.
So I might be the wrong guy writing content for the latter.

However, I will gladly add any cool content that one of you more creative guys are willing to contribute :D
Even if you have no clue about coding, if you have a nice written-out idea for an event, interaction or dialogue in general, share it with me and I'll probably implement it and credit you as a contributor :)

I don't know if you are interested but I've redone to some extent the sex labels. Girls reactions didn't seem to be 100% consistent with their likes. I have tried to change that. I have also redone cumming to be its own label depending on location. I'm not finished with messing about with it but I thought that I would share it at this stage to see what people thought. If you want to use the code to any extent please feel free to do so.
Wow, that sounds great! Yeah, the dialogue is far from perfect in a lot of ways, and I'd love to see your ideas to improve some of it and include it in the mod of course :)

Badrabbit

Jul 19, 2017
Few ideas that come to mind, that I am trying to put together.
1. Girl refuses to let you pull out - in the rpy above.
2. Girl lies about being on pill.
3. Child support - ongoing financial cost for having had children.
4. Girl gets pregnant just to get child support from you.

• Love
Reactions: BraveTraveler
Sep 10, 2017
BraveTraveler I'm consistently getting errors with the ovulation serum like I mentioned before, I think it only happens when they expire. I used your version from a few days ago (5?), but since I reported this before I suppose you're working on it.

Badrabbit That's actually a pretty great addition to the game, I also like your ideas in your second post. Whenever your "mod" "kicks in" there's an abbreviation first before the lines show up, I suppose this is intended so it was easier for you to track when BraveTraveler 's text ends and yours start?

Some of the text overlaps very much, especially the "... knocked me up for sure this time", but I assume that's because both mods handle the same events and aren't properly integrated together (yet?) I used your "submitted" version.

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
I don't know if you are interested but I've redone to some extent the sex labels. Girls reactions didn't seem to be 100% consistent with their likes. I have tried to change that. I have also redone cumming to be its own label depending on location. I'm not finished with messing about with it but I thought that I would share it at this stage to see what people thought. If you want to use the code to any extent please feel free to do so. The one that says submitted should work. The other one is in progress.
Sorry for the delayed response. After having a better look at your file I gotta say, great job! It really fleshes out the preference-specific dialogue more, which is great. I'll go ahead and integrate whatever you come up with into the main files, unless you change your mind :D

BraveTraveler I'm consistently getting errors with the ovulation serum like I mentioned before, I think it only happens when they expire. I used your version from a few days ago (5?), but since I reported this before I suppose you're working on it.
I'm sorry to hear that you still have issues, I assumed that I had fixed the serums with the update you mentioned, but apparently that's not the case. Is it still the same exception you reported in this post?

Sep 10, 2017
I checked again to make sure. So, the error is identical, but the tracebacks refer to different lines in the code. Since you changed the files between my first error report and "this" one, I assume it's just because of that. Anyway, I grabbed the latest version of the l2mods (incl bugfix) and yours when I played again (Mar 29th, timestamp on bottom of the error log) when that error occurred again.

Do you think you might need an elaborate explanation of what the serum is? It's basically all the new stuff you added in your last major version in one bottle. This error happens right when the day ends. I can ignore it and the game will work normally, but I don't know if anything breaks; it "seems" to be fine, but who knows?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
I checked again to make sure. So, the error is identical, but the tracebacks refer to different lines in the code. Since you changed the files between my first error report and "this" one, I assume it's just because of that. Anyway, I grabbed the latest version of the l2mods (incl bugfix) and yours when I played again (Mar 29th, timestamp on bottom of the error log) when that error occurred again.

Do you think you might need an elaborate explanation of what the serum is? It's basically all the new stuff you added in your last major version in one bottle. This error happens right when the day ends. I can ignore it and the game will work normally, but I don't know if anything breaks; it "seems" to be fine, but who knows?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the effort of checking it again (y)
Something weird is happening here: Your game throws an attribute error that isn't even in the source code anymore ["person.change_weight(..)" needs to read "the_person.change_weight(..)", an oversight when I copied code from another location (sorry :(), which I fixed after you reported it first].

I'm not entirely sure how exactly the serum code is saved and handled after creating a custom serum design in-game, but since you still got this error even with the updated & fixed file, there must be a "snapshot-copy" of the old flawed code still inside your game.

So my idea for a possible workaround fix would be that you could try to scrap the custom serum design in that savegame that includes the Gestational Catalyst Trait and create a new serum design in the lab with the same traits.
My hope is that the 'new' serum design will then refer the fixed code properly and will work without problems, since the serum code will have no errors at the time of serum creation.

Sorry that I can't help you with a more convenient fix, but that's what I could come up with for now :unsure:

Sep 10, 2017
Ah right, I'll give that a try. I'll let you know if it's fixed when I'll try it again.

Sadly, I suppose even if I do this and the error pops up again... it might be related to this being a save file from before the fix and thus the lack of "the_" might also be in the research of the serum.

Let's hope that's not the case as it's a pain the butt to research all these serums and make them have no side effects, even with cheats. Unless there's a simple research_all kind of code that I don't know about :p

Badrabbit

Jul 19, 2017
Sorry for the delayed response. After having a better look at your file I gotta say, great job! It really fleshes out the preference-specific dialogue more, which is great. I'll go ahead and integrate whatever you come up with into the main files, unless you change your mind :D
Thanks.

I've taken the labels for the vaginal cowgirl positions and done the same thing to them.

I have tried to preserve as much of the original code or dialog as possible and just use it in different situations.

The attached file should work and is relatively "finished". It includes the earlier changes.

I also attach an rpy that has couple of scenes in relation to condom removal by the girl in cowgirl and reverse cowgirl positions.

I'm happy for you to use or not anything that you want.

adfy

Apr 2, 2020
elo

I need some guide on how to upload mods to Lab Rats 2

Please write step by step what I should do to make it work.

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
elo

Quick question, are you a bot?

If you mean "install," then the instructions are on page 1. Download mod, extract mod in /game folder.

Reactions: EquineHung

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
elo

also this mod in paticular hasn't updated to the mod so wait like a couple of weeks before checking in

Reactions: adfy

BraveTraveler

Feb 27, 2020
This seems like a really cool addition to the game. Does this work with the 27.1 update?
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-27-1-vren.7260/
Nope, the mod version needs to match game version.
It will probably be a day or two until the developer gets around to tweaking whatever needs tweaking.
also this mod in paticular hasn't updated to the mod so wait like a couple of weeks before checking in
I finally updated everything to (hopefully) work with game version 0.27.1 (check the updated links in the main post)!
Unfortunately I'm not done with adding Badrabbits content since I didn't get around to do much on the mod over Easter, so there's no updated content this time. But I'm working on it!

If there are problems with the new game version, just let me know!

TitanSon

Mar 11, 2017
I finally updated everything to (hopefully) work with game version 0.27.1 (check the updated links in the main post)!
Unfortunately I'm not done with adding Badrabbits content since I didn't get around to do much on the mod over Easter, so there's no updated content this time. But I'm working on it!

I'm running into Problems (I tried the mod the first time today)
I can't talk to any Person, because everytime i got the following error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9553, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/mods/PregnancyMod for v0.27.1/PregoLabelOverride.rpy", line 25, in script
python: #§
File "game/mods/PregnancyMod for v0.27.1/PregoLabelOverride.rpy", line 27, in <module>
(special_role_actions) = build_special_role_actions_list(the_person)
NameError: name 'build_special_role_actions_list' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/mods/PregnancyMod for v0.27.1/PregoLabelOverride.rpy", line 25, in script
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/mods/PregnancyMod for v0.27.1/PregoLabelOverride.rpy", line 27, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.27.1
Thu Apr 16 12:26:57 2020

and this window is followed by

While running game code:
File "game/mods/PregnancyMod for v0.27.1/PregoLabelOverride.rpy", line 31, in script
call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_chat_action_list(the_person), specific_action_list, build_special_role_actions_list(the_person)])) #use the modified specific_action_list we built beforehand with the added pregancy related options
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 526, in execute_call_screen
args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
File "game/mods/PregnancyMod for v0.27.1/PregoLabelOverride.rpy", line 31, in <module>
call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_chat_action_list(the_person), specific_action_list, build_special_role_actions_list(the_person)])) #use the modified specific_action_list we built beforehand with the added pregancy related options
NameError: name 'build_chat_action_list' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "game/mods/PregnancyMod for v0.27.1/PregoLabelOverride.rpy", line 31, in script
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 190, in evaluate
args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/mods/PregnancyMod for v0.27.1/PregoLabelOverride.rpy", line 31, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Thu Apr 16 12:33:49 2020

Last edited:

notforresale

Sep 23, 2018
I'm running into Problems (I tried the mod the first time today)
I can't talk to any Person, because everytime i got the following error

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Thu Apr 16 12:26:57 2020

and this window is followed by

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 190, in evaluate
args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Busse\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.27.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Thu Apr 16 12:33:49 2020
Did you make sure to also download the Mod and Bug Fix pack as well? The Pregnancy mod requires that you have the pack installed otherwise it won't work.

StaticSheep

Jan 6, 2018

No technical problems.

I do have one issue with the mod I'd like to see changed. You can talk to a girl about their cycle with a fairly low obedience (100+ I think) which leads to weird talks. For example, I hired a new girl, she was married and had two kids. But because she had high obedience I could immediately ask about her cycle, and she said something like needing to be careful when having sex. As if the two of us having sex was a forgone conclusion (it was, but that's beside the point).
Rather than just upping the required obedience level, I suggest that asking about a girl cycle remains locked until after having (vaginal) sex with said girl. Because it seems like a much more reasonable thing to do after doing so. It makes more sense for a girl to talk about having (safe)sex with the MC if a sexual relationship has been established.

But other than that I really like this mod. It makes Lab rats 2 way more fun for me. I mean, what's the point of having sex with another man's wife if you can't impregnate her and imagine the tears of betrayal in his eyes:sneaky:

Edit: fixing grammatical train wreck of a sentence.

Last edited:

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Yeah, I too felt like it was weird I could have that conversation with any random woman on the street if their obedience was high. Is there a way to gate asking about sex by taboos broken? Love the mod.