4.60 star(s) 57 Votes

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I just want to bring to your attention, Vren is working on some testing framework for 0.40, maybe it's just best to write off 0.39 as a loss and wait for the next one?
The errors I ran into in 39.3 are very few and I have been able to fix those easily. I even posted them here. The mod I am using however isn't the same as what most people are using. I tend to think a good bit of the errors are in relation to the mod people are using. Give a number of them have "game/Mods/" in the file paths of where they are having trouble that tends to support that view to an extent.

That said there are a number of tools I discussed on here renpy developers could use to reduce errors. It isn't just that learning some better coding practice can help also in that area.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
All true, but you also have to respect the feelings and potential misinterpretations of meaning, especially as we coders tend to be direct and generally insensitive, plus many people like me do not speak English natively assuming you do of course. That said, I would like to thank again, all the people who work on this mod, and those who choose to help in this thread, and discord with bugging.
Ps. the above post by me is the servers fault :)
I understand what you are saying but I disagree with one part.
You can't predict what people will think and say. You can say the most benign thing in the world and someone out there will take it wrong. You can find books, tv episodes, anime episodes and crap loads of articles pointing that out.
It's an utter waste of time worrying about someone misinterpreting what you say. If you do that shit you will never say a damn thing of importance in your life. You will never be able to hold a discussion with anyone that has a disagreement on a topic.
Its the type of crap these PC(political correct) demons preach.
People who go along with it just enable them to cause more harm.

I'm going to stop there on this because its not on topic for this forum. But I can serious and might just write a book on it when I get time.

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
I understand what you are saying but I disagree with one part.
You can't predict what people will think and say. You can say the most benign thing in the world and someone out there will take it wrong. You can find books, tv episodes, anime episodes and crap loads of articles pointing that out.
It's an utter waste of time worrying about someone misinterpreting what you say. If you do that shit you will never say a damn thing of importance in your life. You will never be able to hold a discussion with anyone that has a disagreement on a topic.
Its the type of crap these PC(political correct) demons preach.
People who go along with it just enable them to cause more harm.

I'm going to stop there on this because its not on topic for this forum. But I can serious and might just write a book on it when I get time.
Actually, your "not on topic" statement brings to mind that there may be a point of confusion here.

In spite the fact that this thread is titled "lab-rats2-mods", it isn't actually about ALL LR2 mods. Instead it is about a specific integrated set of mods as released in the OP, managed in a common repository.

If you want to release and discuss your own MOD I think you are perfectly welcome to do so, but probably be best practice to do it in it's own thread.

Actual Feast

Mar 17, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1, in script
init -10 python: #Init -10 is used for all project wide imports of external resources
File "game/script.rpy", line 14, in <module>
import shader
ImportError: No module named shader

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
init -10 python: #Init -10 is used for all project wide imports of external resources
File "/Users/*/MEGAsync Downloads/Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-mac/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 927, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/*/MEGAsync Downloads/Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-mac/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
import shader

Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sat Apr 24 2021

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Actually, your "not on topic" statement brings to mind that there may be a point of confusion here.

In spite the fact that this thread is titled "lab-rats2-mods", it isn't actually about ALL LR2 mods. Instead it is about a specific integrated set of mods as released in the OP, managed in a common repository.

If you want to release and discuss your own MOD I think you are perfectly welcome to do so, but probably be best practice to do it in it's own thread.
The discussion we where having was about hurting people's feeling not the mods. That is why it wasn't on topic.
Thank you for trying to inform me of the ability to release any mod on here related to RL2 however that I already knew.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
import shader

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/*/MEGAsync Downloads/Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-mac/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 927, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/*/MEGAsync Downloads/Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-mac/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
import shader

Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sat Apr 24 2021
I was able to find 3 clues in your error message. The first one tells me you want to play the MAC version. The second is the Darwin operating system. You did not specify which version you downloaded. The v0.39.1 could also be the game without MOD and bugfix. The more and more precise information you provide, the faster you could be helped. Since I am playing on the PC, I can only advise you to download it again and try again.
I found this on Wikipedia:
Since integral parts of macOS and iOS are not available openly, Darwin lacks the graphical user interface Aqua as well as Quartz, OpenGL, QuickTime and the programming interfaces Cocoa and Carbon, which is why programs for Mac OS X / OS X / macOS cannot run either .

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
The discussion we where having was about hurting people's feeling not the mods. That is why it wasn't on topic.
Thank you for trying to inform me of the ability to release any mod on here related to RL2 however that I already knew.
Ah, well. If you don't see the connection, never mind.

Not going to belabor the point.

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Crash when doing BJ with Ophelia to make her bf jealous. The crash happen after bj when she is stripping so you can return favor.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I'm playing "Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market" (not the latest update), and I've noticed a bug that's happened a couple times. If I have someone persistently following me around, and I go to a location marked "Event" on the map, then sometimes the event just won't trigger (presumably because it only happens if there's no one following me). But other times, the event will happen, and the gal following me will be completely removed from the game. The first time it happened, I think it wasn't one of my employees, so I figured her current location variable just got lost in limbo. But the second time, it was one of my employees, and after the event made her disappear, she was not even on my list of employees on the "Review Staff" screen. Just utterly erased from the game, for some reason.

So what I'm trying to figure out now is whether this bug comes from the mod or the base game, and whether it's a known issue that newer versions have corrected (and if so, whether saves in the newer version are compatible with mine, because I'm on day 196, so I don't really feel like starting over).

Tokeloshe

Dec 30, 2017
Don't think you can. Why do you want to do that?
Because it is legit worse than vanilla.

Not just on a matter of taste, on a matter of you design an outfit - it claims it will have sluttiness value, you save it, and the value changes. It is buggy, and obtuse on exactly how everything interacts, to the point where it almost seems random what each piece will do to the score, which kind of breaks the early game uniform system.

I'd rather have the far simpler vanilla setup, I mean at least then I can make legit use of skirts in the early game uniforms.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: rb813

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Because it is legit worse than vanilla.

Not just on a matter of taste, on a matter of you design an outfit - it claims it will have sluttiness value, you save it, and the value changes. It is buggy, and obtuse on exactly how everything interacts, to the point where it almost seems random what each piece will do to the score, which kind of breaks the early game uniform system.

I'd rather have the far simpler vanilla setup, I mean at least then I can make legit use of skirts in the early game uniforms.
Oh okay. I never played vanilla game so I dont know the difference in value system.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
I'm playing "Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.36.1.10-market" (not the latest update), and I've noticed a bug that's happened a couple times. If I have someone persistently following me around, and I go to a location marked "Event" on the map, then sometimes the event just won't trigger (presumably because it only happens if there's no one following me). But other times, the event will happen, and the gal following me will be completely removed from the game. The first time it happened, I think it wasn't one of my employees, so I figured her current location variable just got lost in limbo. But the second time, it was one of my employees, and after the event made her disappear, she was not even on my list of employees on the "Review Staff" screen. Just utterly erased from the game, for some reason.

So what I'm trying to figure out now is whether this bug comes from the mod or the base game, and whether it's a known issue that newer versions have corrected (and if so, whether saves in the newer version are compatible with mine, because I'm on day 196, so I don't really feel like starting over).
Someone had a similar problem with their mother in v0.38. So far I haven't been able to use this "Follow Me" function. Either it was intended for something and it hasn't been built in so far, or the idea for it has been dropped. I always deactivate the function in the game from the start to avoid any trouble with it and because I clicked it unintentionally far too often. What I can recommend to you is this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-save-editor-v1-6-1-last-moment.6456/
Download> Unzip> Start.
Load the last savegame, remove the left tick and enter "follow" in the search field. Then all entries and people are displayed who have to do with the word "follow". If someone follows you, all you have to do is change the value and save it. This should fix your problem.

Reactions: rb813

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
So far I haven't been able to use this "Follow Me" function.
Wait, do you mean that when you click on Follow Me, nothing at all happens, or just that it doesn't trigger the bug?

For people who use the mod and want to avail themselves of all its features, disabling that function isn't really an option, because you need to have a gal Follow you to the dungeon if you want to make them a Slave.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Not just on a matter of taste, on a matter of you design an outfit - it claims it will have sluttiness value, you save it, and the value changes.
I've noticed some issues with this too. But I don't think it's an issue of the modded version always being wrong, I think you just kinda have to be careful and attentive with it. Like, I was just doing a thing where made an outfit, exported it, and then imported it again as a new outfit so I could change the color (because one big problem that the modded version does have is that the Duplicate button actually just works the same as the Modify button; it doesn't make a new outfit). So in that case, I knew exactly what sluttiness value the item should have, but when I finished changing the colors of all the pieces, it was wrong. So I removed an item and put it back in, and then it had the right number. So I think the modded outfit manager "knows" what the accurate sluttiness value is, it just doesn't always show it (in other words, the issue might just be with the display, not the internal logic).

Of course, that doesn't help you much if you don't know what the right number is, but I'm just saying that it's not like a chronic problem of the modded outfit manager never actually knowing the accurate number. If you keep an eye on it and look out for when it seems to be acting strange (like you added something that should make it more slutty, but the number went down), then it should generally be okay.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
Wait, do you mean that when you click on Follow Me, nothing at all happens, or just that it doesn't trigger the bug?

For people who use the mod and want to avail themselves of all its features, disabling that function isn't really an option, because you need to have a gal Follow you to the dungeon if you want to make them a Slave.
If you click "Follow me", the person will follow you. But if you don't tell this person "Don't follow me anymore" and go to sleep and save, this probably led to problems for some. As I said, I don't know what this function was or is for. I also did various tests, but none of them worked. If it was really intended to bring women into the dungeon, it would be OK. But since the function made no sense to me and the position of the button is unfortunate in the upper area, I always deactivated it. I preferred that to accidentally dragging someone along and facing the above-mentioned problems. As for the dungeon, I've always filled it with clones.

4.60 star(s) 57 Votes