a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
There needs to be a tag for "invisible protagonist" and this is more text base than normal VN is.

The girls just there with the mouth open with no dick for BJ, spread legs but you really can not see anything because the girls are long distance away and no sign of the protagonist.
First game was way better than this one.

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
As you get further in, you don't even have to cheat to get high stats. There's a Nora serum that sets a girl's stats to all equal 5. Thing is, it sets that when applied. So if you give them a few doses of the lower-level Obedience serum that lowers all stats by 1, their stats will be at 5 + (however much you lowered it by) once it wears off. (With the caveat that lowering below 0 does nothing, so if you want truly ridiculous stats, you may have to repeat the process a few times.)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Except that wasn't with the Mods, that was just unrarring the character imagines like a previous comment said to fix the error messages. Sure, error messages was gone, but floating heads, yeah, those showed up.
you need to keep atlseat the stand5.zip in character image directory
Thx for that. I already found that you have to unzip the images *and* keep the zip files. This saves me the effort figuring out which zip can be deleted und which must be kept.
Nope, does not work. Have to keep all zip files.

Reactions: JenMistress
Apr 21, 2018
Actually, there is a bug with scripts.py at line 4873, 4896 and 4908 when calling for the region variable. Vren used the temp variable region in a for loop for regions_constrained and he appears to have copy-pasted that code for at least three other functions. The problem is that those three for loops do not use region as the temp variable, and theirs are called differently. Vren actually had working codes for at least one of the other for loops, but these are commented-out, and used the "region" variable instead. Since the game looks for the region variable, and said variable does not exist outside its own for loop, the game crashes.

Additional error occurs when the game tries to draw a pregnant character as the image path it's calling is: "Torso_Region_Weight_stand2_standard_preg_body_FF.png". Not "character_images/Torso...", the game was looking for the image under the game's root /game /image directory. And yes it most definitely exists under my game/images/character_images directory. Furthermore, all the .zip files are also there. Which means the file that defines the image have inconsistent paths. The log is not telling me where that file is so I will either have to wait for a fix, or dig into each script to find it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay how do you get a girl from hating vaginal sex.
She likes missionary sex but hates vaginal sex.
I have given her over 20 doses that says they slowly increase vaginal sex opinion and vaginal sex skill but the hate never leaves. Lab_Rats_2_Mod 2020-10-09 20-01-49-02.jpg

Reactions: Darkaura

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I have given her over 20 doses that says they slowly increase vaginal sex opinion and vaginal sex skill but the hate never leaves. View attachment 851864
I recommend asking mod questions in the mod thread. The mod devs are more attentive to their own thread.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I have given her over 20 doses that says they slowly increase vaginal sex opinion and vaginal sex skill but the hate never leaves. View attachment 851864
read the flavor text. the therapies procc off the suggestibility statistic, you have to have the suggest value running high while the therapy is ongoing, and both need to have as long duration as possible for that.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well I do not know what it was before but seems might have been way under what it should have been before then and that might well have been reason for sudden drop if about 300% less as they should have earned.
It may be that I added a 10x multiplier to the amount I usually cheat them to now that I think about it. I usually cheat them to level 10 in all work skills and 1000 above where they start in every stat. This time, to speed up recovery of my progress because there is no save compatibility, I bumped it up to 100 in each work skill and maintained the 1000 above what they start at in each stat. It was a completely temporary move that I was going to revert once I was up to where I was in my last game, but it might have backfired spectacularly on me.

Protip: Wait for the mod to be updated to the current version before downloading the game. The modders are very good programmers.
They may just skip this version as it seems to have some pretty severe issues regarding the new multiple character display thing, I know I would.

Last time I checked unique girls started with a pay in between 37$ - 42$ per day... so honestly I don't even know how over powered the girls must be at this stage to demand 4000+$ per day.
Considering these numbers I'd say the dev will unlikely alter his formulars to support such unrealistic values to appease the Cheaters... as I doubt there will ever be a chance to raise a girls stats enough in a normal way
The amount they think they deserve is entirely based on their skill level. For every level they gain, the amount they want goes up. Cheating them up to level 10 works fine at their starting pay with maybe one raise later down the line, but I had multiplied that by 10x and completely forgot to take that into account. For example, if a girl wants $37 a day at level 10, she will want $370 a day at level 100. Looking back, that seems to be what happened. Normally, the girls would be at least close to the requested amount by the time they reach that skill level because they would have gone through multiple raises already throughout the course of the game, but I always cheat them to where I want them as soon as they are introduced, so they instantly wanted 10x more than usual for my games as a result because I cheated them to a 10x higher level than I normally do.

I wrote for myself a few cheat functions which always update staff salary to expected salary after changing their stats, and none of it went above 200 (IRCC it was mostly around 100). Don't ever give them stats above 8 as the game practically considers 5 as high and 6 unusually high. I have one staff in each department, each with 8 focus and 8 in whatever staff that best suit their jobs and was making 3K+ every day.
Their work progress is slow if I don't, even 10 took time to unlock traits. At 100, I instantly finish all trait research and then I slot it again for maybe one or two time periods to get it to 0% chance of side effects. It took as much as a week on level 10 to get the 0% chance, but at least instantly finished the initial research.

As you get further in, you don't even have to cheat to get high stats. There's a Nora serum that sets a girl's stats to all equal 5. Thing is, it sets that when applied. So if you give them a few doses of the lower-level Obedience serum that lowers all stats by 1, their stats will be at 5 + (however much you lowered it by) once it wears off. (With the caveat that lowering below 0 does nothing, so if you want truly ridiculous stats, you may have to repeat the process a few times.)
Not quite to that level yet, I've only researched 3 Nora traits so far and 2 weren't for trait unlocks, but for money. I have a fourth sitting in my lab waiting to be put into a serum while I finish my trait research. I've been working on side stories while Stephanie handles all the research except in the first time period and the weekends, when nobody else goes to the lab.

any save file yet?
There are multiple issues, so people are probably waiting for a bug fix before playing this version. Only 0.33 saves will work in 0.33, so there is no use providing a save from a different version.

Reactions: DA22 and Andy_W

kylarnoel

Aug 31, 2019
I played this when it was in its infancy and the fact that there's not even a hint of the MC himself in the scenes kind of threw me off. Like not even ghost models. Is it still the same way?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I played this when it was in its infancy and the fact that there's not even a hint of the MC himself in the scenes kind of threw me off. Like not even ghost models. Is it still the same way?
Yes this is nothing like the first game with the invisible protagonist and this is more a text base game in my opinion, most if not all of the models look like there in the 40's and 50's and not very appealing.

Ousawa

May 28, 2017
I'm almost always get this error when I'm in hire screen.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'character_images/empty_holder.png'> (1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)> (0.12943233285419162, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.08714639926214765, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.07759716564621781, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10596, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10907, in script call
    call hire_select_process(candidates) from _call_hire_select_process
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10932, in script
    call screen interview_ui(candidates,count)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'character_images/empty_holder.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1871, in render
    cr = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1259, in load
    surf = cache.get(self.image)
    surf = image.load()
    surf = image.load()
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.33.2
Sat Oct 10 16:12:47 2020

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
I'm almost always get this error when I'm in hire screen.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'character_images/empty_holder.png'> (1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)> (0.12943233285419162, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.08714639926214765, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.07759716564621781, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1871, in render
    cr = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
    surf = image.load()
    surf = image.load()
    surf = image.load()
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "I:\Pobrane\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.33.2
Sat Oct 10 16:12:47 2020
or...you try to read the post 2 above yours?

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Is there a list of Nora serums? I found these:

Screenshot_2020-10-10 Untitled png (PNG Image, 1757 × 1131 pixels) - Scaled (64%).png

But not the one you describe.

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
those are all Standard items from the outfit creator...
a Business Vest, a Jacket, Belted skirt, high heels (or maybe slippers)... I suspect the underwear is a custom item for each girl
Thanks Evangelion-01 ... I didn't see many of the clothes options since I didn't realize you can scroll down in the clothes.. :D
I manage to do a decent copy (though the color of teh skirt isn't 100%)..
Thanks again (y)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
It says in the OP that "Old saves don't work" is that for all new updates to come out or was that for an older update?

Melted

Nov 23, 2019
It says in the OP that "Old saves don't work" is that for all new updates to come out or was that for an older update?
Just as it says, which is why the mod is so popular and all but mandatory because rebuilding a business every month or two is a PITA.

Reactions: a1fox3
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes