Ammoman

Aug 17, 2018
Getting this after I load a save and start to speak to any NPC -

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Where is LR2 along the way to some sort of [COMPLETED] or another major milestone?

I played LR1 years ago and LOVED it but I was never able to get excited for LR2 primarily because I could never figure where it's going. Dev is very verbose with progress reports but for years, it seems,LR2 was a tech demo for a new game engine and there was seemingly no story line, particularly not one involving incest.

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Crashes day 1 moussing over Stephanie. Did I turn off animations? No. I should not have to. Current release is broken.
The animations for this game have always been shit. Even if they weren't buggy as hell they still really wouldn't be worth it. They will likely continue to be janky for quite a long time / possibly forever. So if you're not willing to turn them off then you might as well quit playing / following this game.

stiff95

Sep 17, 2017
Did you turn the animations off?
Hadn't tried that yet, but no that unfortunately doesn't change anything.

I'd pressume you have more trouble with a lack of RAM as that was the main issue reported in the past
I have 32 GB of RAM .. I'm fairly certain that isn't the problem.

This can't really be a hardware problem. I'm running on a fairly pimped out gaming PC. It should not have problems with a silly ren'py game.

Does none of you have this problem when hovering over the names of people, that it takes like 2 seconds? Or is that just how the game is supposed to be?

Reactions: M B 1776

xbeo

May 10, 2017
Does none of you have this problem when hovering over the names of people, that it takes like 2 seconds? Or is that just how the game is supposed to be?
Same here with a 9900k, just 16GB of ram. It can handle MSFS2020 quite well.

Funny thing is, the 3d portraits of Crusader Kings 3 outperform this pure 2d approach. And I guess it is easier to create or generate new assets for the 3d approach.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
just saying.

this 0.33 is NOT compatible with the mod.

just in case some people doesnt realise that yet. if you put the mod, you get lots of errors.

but even without mods, vanilla game still have bunch of errors.

also, such wasting opportunity... dev should have used 1/3 of the screen on right to show chars. and not make them that small. It's evenworse when you are supposed to have sex with them, as they already "float" in air with no penis or anything interacting, it would have been way better to have them bigger.
(like, from top of screen to the knees. who care if you see their feets? the details are soo small that it doesn't worth it to see their feet even for someone who have a kink for feet. a full CG will be okay, but a simple flying layer like this, no way.
also using POV for the male would be a big bonus, flying girl in weird position make the whole thing extremly weird to play and not attractive at all

Reactions: deviantfiend999

ttipsigam

Jan 23, 2018
Can't even get the game to load, using 16 GB RAM. I know it says "Loading Game Images This may take a minute" but it's been 5 whole minutes and there's no sign of life for me. I've played previous versions, so it was just this version I had a problem with

Also took two hours to extract for some reason - I tested other files and they took nowhere near as long

Not sure what is happening here, but it isn't playable for me

Reactions: ubblesnop

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, I was getting that too, epic fail on dev part. Decided to check if anyone else was able to fix it.
delete MODS and it fix it.

last aint compatible with mod, and this have 100% chance to come from MODS

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019

Except that wasn't with the Mods, that was just unrarring the character imagines like a previous comment said to fix the error messages. Sure, error messages was gone, but floating heads, yeah, those showed up.

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019

just joking?
complete 0.33.1 is fucked up, just read some posts above.
btw: playing WITHOUT mods, dont need that mod to generate lots of errors (because the new, amazing system to store the graphics just...dont work)
meanwhile i play with extracted AND zipped graphics (and an eternity to just delete the folder for a fresh install)
maybe someone used the mod and get problems, but you dont need the mod for tracebacks to long to read...

Reactions: secoweedcodein

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anybody else getting an immediate threat to quit after ending a day you did a performance review? I literally just spent an entiree day in performance reviews to stop several main characters, that's characters who start out named in either the mod or the game itself, and it was literally the last person I reviewed who threatened to quit. I'm starting to think Vren did something to the trigger for that in the main game. I have four girls including one from the mod and all four threatened me in a row, so I took what I thought would be a preventative performance review. I was apparently wrong, they quit regardless of raise. I'm posting this in both threads to make sure this becomes known as a possible issue that could be caused by either the game or the mod, but that it is not clear which. This is on a modded 0.32.2.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Anybody else getting an immediate threat to quit after ending a day you did a performance review? I literally just spent an entiree day in performance reviews to stop several main characters, that's characters who start out named in either the mod or the game itself, and it was literally the last person I reviewed who threatened to quit. I'm starting to think Vren did something to the trigger for that in the main game. I have four girls including one from the mod and all four threatened me in a row, so I took what I thought would be a preventative performance review. I was apparently wrong, they quit regardless of raise. I'm posting this in both threads to make sure this becomes known as a possible issue that could be caused by either the game or the mod, but that it is not clear which. This is on a modded 0.32.2.
girl obedience + girl happiness >=200 or the girls have a chance of quiting
That mechanic had been around for quiet awhile.
Also if you severly underpay them they'll quit aswell aparently.
Anything else might be faulted to the mod, as you normally can only hire 2 unique characters (Stephanie and Alexia)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
just joking?
complete 0.33.1 is fucked up, just read some posts above.
btw: playing WITHOUT mods, dont need that mod to generate lots of errors (because the new, amazing system to store the graphics just...dont work)
meanwhile i play with extracted AND zipped graphics (and an eternity to just delete the folder for a fresh install)
maybe someone used the mod and get problems, but you dont need the mod for tracebacks to long to read...
played 0.33.1 without mods, work perfectly (not really, but still minimum annoying) on my side. Just too boring to grind the stats and shit.

i switched to mod version later on to play more easily.

i know the game is glitched and fucked up alots, that explain the review i made of it.
I just say that in case people (maybe not you) forget that they have a mods folder or something that can bug it out. as this is first bug coming out with mods incompatible problem.

Reactions: Andy_W

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
Sex scenes are so boring that they just get bored quickly, and by themselves they do not cause much pleasure when watching. A regular striptease looks better than these same scenes.
At the same time, there are a lot of opportunities in the game, but alas, they all lead to one thing, disappointment.
Why add new features to the game that are even more frustrating? Can't you just focus on finally making good sex scenes?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes