Lazarus37

Jan 25, 2018
You can also set your intelligence and research skill insanely high and do it that way - I've been able to unlock the rest of the Nora path doing that. I'm confused as to why Vren set it up like that, because if you don't cheat, I can't see how you'd ever complete that story line. I can tell you that completing those paths does unlock more content.

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
You can also set your intelligence and research skill insanely high and do it that way - I've been able to unlock the rest of the Nora path doing that. I'm confused as to why Vren set it up like that, because if you don't cheat, I can't see how you'd ever complete that story line. I can tell you that completing those paths does unlock more content.
Looks like a miss in the coding and I'm ready to bet it will be corrected in the next version.

Reactions: Lazarus37

caleban

May 26, 2017
What you need to do is create a serum with the trait (guaranteed to have side effects), produce some, administer to a few "volunteers", and talk to them. Each small talk/flirt/compliment gives you .2 mastery of that serum trait. So 5 hours of talking to girls with that serum will get you 2.0 mastery.

Taking the time to generate the ridiculously large number of research points isn't what vren is intending (I think).

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
What you need to do is create a serum with the trait (guaranteed to have side effects), produce some, administer to a few "volunteers", and talk to them. Each small talk/flirt/compliment gives you .2 mastery of that serum trait. So 5 hours of talking to girls with that serum will get you 2.0 mastery.

Taking the time to generate the ridiculously large number of research points isn't what vren is intending (I think).
You're a bit off mark here. In order to do your scenario you need to have all the traits researched (in order to create and research) the serum

What Lazarus was mentioning - doing initial research on traits (in order to make them available for including into serums).

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
I was trying to replicate the Nora issue to be helpful to Vren, and it's been 100% consistent for me. So here it is.

You do the first Nora quest. Turn it in, she contacts you later with the second, you get it, turn it in, she gives you money and then stuffs the third trait in your un-researched traits instead of in your researched traits. Every time.

I'm working on setting up a game where I have a huge R&D department to try to actually research the thing and see if there's more issues after.

I opened the nora rpy files to see if I could come up with a fix myself but couldn't see exactly why it was going wrong like that.
So this is nuts. I had the same experience twice. Fully intending to cheat this time, I went on my latest save, on the 25th day (Friday) to the campus first thing since it looked like I'd forgotten to turn it in (I'd made two serums already). I sped through that chat and went back to the lab, but no new trait on the left, and no new trait ready for serum research in the middle. Odd, I thought, went back to Nora, and she still had the quest to turn in, so I clicked it again. This time the quest was grayed out, went back to the lab, no new traits.

WTF. So I go back to nora and it said that I'm "too early to turn in a Questionnaire"or it's not ready or something
What? So I go to Stephanie and sure enough she's got an option to interview her for Nora. I check the research list and Nora's 2.0 mastery, 500000% side effect chance trait is gone.

Clearly I missed something, so I reload.

Looks like I got credit for finishing that quest without actually doing it. I had skipping through new dialogue. It glitched out in my favor this time.

So the things that might be related:

The date (25th day) / time of day (early morning)
the fact I "waited" at the location for Nora to show up
The fact I didn't do any more research while turning these in.

I wonder if Nora's trait being 2.0 mastery had anything to do with it, if it was looking for something like that and accepted it as the completion requirement. It was maybe supposed to be removed during an earlier phase and it wasn't, and it screwed everything else up?

I can't really troubleshoot it now but figured I'd put it out there for anyone else.

Flyte

Sep 2, 2017
Is there any "collections" of Outfit-XMLs to import? I do not really care about creating them, but would like to have some choices. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: shinonen

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
This game really needs a mechanic to purge useless townies

My company has gone thru a few hiring/firing phases, and now there are like 100 townie ex employees running around...
The game takes FOREVER to Save/Load and occasionally dies if I skip

It's not like we can even do anything with these people...
Even if we could... like I said I fired them because they didn't get the additional bonuses the new hires get.

Tip for New Players
Research Basic Medical Application
Create a Serum with it, make sure it has NO SIDE EFFECTS... All Side Effects reduce the value... Research Mastery or Gamble
Purchase Batch Size Improvement under Serum Policy for $500 (Get a Supply and Production girl at this point)
Purchase Male Focus Modeling and Strict Company Uniforms for $1000 (Get a Marketeer at this point)
... You win... Feel free to keep snowballing, aka more Batch Size and Better Uniforms.

Reactions: lewdman89

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
I do different path.

* build character for procurement/production/sales
* Create basic serum. (basic production + basic suggestion)
* produce just 5 serum portions & initiate tier 1 research.
* Create advanced serum with upgraded production. upgraded suggestion (30) and a value increaser (one that is not Basic Medical Application. I believe it adds +35 to value)
* start supply/produce/sell chain (alone)
* as soon as you hit 700-800$ back - buy Batch Size Improvement
* keep earning with supply/produce/sell chain. Each serum portion gives nice profit
* upgrade recruitment policies until you have all of them.
* hire 2 suppliers & 2 producers (save/load helps to find best ppl). Requirements are:
1) good focus (preferably 7)
2) good supply or production (preferably 7)
3) no or minimal number of dislike/hate. If there is dislike/hate of flirting, small talk, any type of nudity, any color - automatic NO. Easier to re-load.
Takes a while but eventually you can find good personnel.
* upgrade company to +2 ppl and hire additional supplier/producer
* upgrade company to +3 ppl and hire additional supplier/producer/researcher
* upgrade again (I think it's +7) & get to 6supply/6production/4research+Alexia

At that moment - all you need to do in company is regularly work on company efficiency & sometimes help Alexia with serum selling (was doing that on weekend). At that point it's earning at so good rate - you can buy all upgrades and even reduce production speed to 50% to have other 50% whatever you want (like advanced production, +2 to focus/intel/charisma, 50 suggestion) that you can put on giving away as a daily dose to all employees.

thundersan86

Aug 1, 2019
Hello there!! I have a doubt related to the employees: when one of them is telling you, during the performance interview, that "the work is terrible" and that she's thinking on quitting the job unless "you have some plans to make things better", what can I do?! Is there anything specific to do at this point?! I know I can switch the employee from one department to another but, how do I know which one is better for the employee?!

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello there!! I have a doubt related to the employees: when one of them is telling you, during the performance interview, that "the work is terrible" and that she's thinking on quitting the job unless "you have some plans to make things better", what can I do?! Is there anything specific to do at this point?! I know I can switch the employee from one department to another but, how do I know which one is better for the employee?!
Fire her. Or make a happiness boosting serum the daily doze.

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
As far as I can tell, the only thing that matters during performance reviews is her happiness. Love may count as well, I'm not sure what the math is on it, but as long as she's over 100 happiness and doesn't actively hate you (negative love), she'll be happy to work there.

My daily routine:

Run around the office each day and compliment everyone. That gives buffs to Happiness and Love (I think +5 and +1 respectively).

There's also the "Talk to employees" option in your company lobby that calls an assembly that does something similar to everyone all at once, however there's some caveats. It only compliments them up to 120 happiness, at which point it criticizes them, or something, I'm not sure (vaguely remembering it from the update notes).

Basically I prioritize doing it for all new employees and keep it up for most others when I can, that way when performance reviews come around and they're super jazzed about working there, I can "punish" them by threatening to fire them, at which point they voluntarily take pay cuts to stay, and gain increases to happiness and obedience (+10 and +5?) for the privilege.

As long as they're not above the seduction heart minimum (is that like 3/4 of a heart? Can't really tell), at which point they'll offer to whore themselves out to stay. Also fun, but doesn't help your bottom dollar.

My recent strategy has been to intentionally create a faulty serum that has the Libido Suppressant side effect and give that to them before reviews so I can cut their pay. Their sluttiness bounces back in a few turns so no big deal, and now most of my employees are 7-ranked geniuses in their fields coming in commanding $60/hr+ rates that eventually are working for a third of that, or less. I've been killing two birds with one stone by doing it with the first Nora serum since that inevitably has to have a flaw anyway.

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
Obedience and Happiness affect if an employee quits, Which means that the "+5 Happiness/-2 Obedience" effect is actually a trap that will make all your Employees quit.

So don't bother until you reach the +3 Happiness at the next tier.

The -20 Slut Side Effect is 100% Temporary, so feel free to use it. Performance one is the same way. The ones that reduces Happiness with exception of Mood Swings, is PERMANENT... So don't give people those...

On Character Creation, don't spend ANY points on Main Stats... You can increase all 3 stats in game by completing fairly easy Quests. After a few weeks you will EASILY max these 3 and then have a ton of points you're unable to spend. To make matters worse they cost 3 Skill Points each during Character Creation, 100% NOT WORTH IT!

Speaking of that on Character Creation, MAX OUT Foreplay... You can't even do anything but Kissing with the girls until you take off their panties, which means you're going to be Foreplaying A LOT... You could try letting her give you a BJ, but that just makes you cum fast and barely raises her arousal, which means you probably won't be able to take off her panties. (Note this advice is pointless in the late game when everyone is a slut anyways, but makes a huge difference in the early game.)

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
I do different path.

* build character for procurement/production/sales
* Create basic serum. (basic production + basic suggestion)
* produce just 5 serum portions & initiate tier 1 research.
* Create advanced serum with upgraded production. upgraded suggestion (30) and a value increaser (one that is not Basic Medical Application. I believe it adds +35 to value)
* start supply/produce/sell chain (alone)
* as soon as you hit 700-800$ back - buy Batch Size Improvement
* keep earning with supply/produce/sell chain. Each serum portion gives nice profit
* upgrade recruitment policies until you have all of them.
* hire 2 suppliers & 2 producers (save/load helps to find best ppl). Requirements are:
1) good focus (preferably 7)
2) good supply or production (preferably 7)
3) no or minimal number of dislike/hate. If there is dislike/hate of flirting, small talk, any type of nudity, any color - automatic NO. Easier to re-load.
Takes a while but eventually you can find good personnel.
* upgrade company to +2 ppl and hire additional supplier/producer
* upgrade company to +3 ppl and hire additional supplier/producer/researcher
* upgrade again (I think it's +7) & get to 6supply/6production/4research+Alexia

At that moment - all you need to do in company is regularly work on company efficiency & sometimes help Alexia with serum selling (was doing that on weekend). At that point it's earning at so good rate - you can buy all upgrades and even reduce production speed to 50% to have other 50% whatever you want (like advanced production, +2 to focus/intel/charisma, 50 suggestion) that you can put on giving away as a daily dose to all employees.
So I just gave this a try and have to completely disagree with this approach
Doing this didn't allow me to start researching Clinical Testing Procedure until Day 10, and I'm assuming it would take another 2-3 days before I'm actually selling it.

I started a third game using my guide - IE
Research Basic Medical Application
Create a Serum with BMA and purchase Batch Improvement
Set your Production to sell all but 1 Serum, take that one then Fix Prod to sell ALL
~Get a Supply and Production Girl~
Advance your Research with Steph by giving her that 1 Serum
Hire a Charisma Girl and bounce her between HR and Marketing as needed
Hire a Research Girl

This approach already FINISHED researching Clinical Testing Procedure on day 10, and my business is already generating $$. I had another $700 to spend (this is with having already purchased Batch Improvement).

Last edited:
Reactions: Denis25

thundersan86

Aug 1, 2019
As far as I can tell, the only thing that matters during performance reviews is her happiness. Love may count as well, I'm not sure what the math is on it, but as long as she's over 100 happiness and doesn't actively hate you (negative love), she'll be happy to work there.

My daily routine:

Run around the office each day and compliment everyone. That gives buffs to Happiness and Love (I think +5 and +1 respectively).

There's also the "Talk to employees" option in your company lobby that calls an assembly that does something similar to everyone all at once, however there's some caveats. It only compliments them up to 120 happiness, at which point it criticizes them, or something, I'm not sure (vaguely remembering it from the update notes).

Basically I prioritize doing it for all new employees and keep it up for most others when I can, that way when performance reviews come around and they're super jazzed about working there, I can "punish" them by threatening to fire them, at which point they voluntarily take pay cuts to stay, and gain increases to happiness and obedience (+10 and +5?) for the privilege.

As long as they're not above the seduction heart minimum (is that like 3/4 of a heart? Can't really tell), at which point they'll offer to whore themselves out to stay. Also fun, but doesn't help your bottom dollar.

My recent strategy has been to intentionally create a faulty serum that has the Libido Suppressant side effect and give that to them before reviews so I can cut their pay. Their sluttiness bounces back in a few turns so no big deal, and now most of my employees are 7-ranked geniuses in their fields coming in commanding $60/hr+ rates that eventually are working for a third of that, or less. I've been killing two birds with one stone by doing it with the first Nora serum since that inevitably has to have a flaw anyway.
Obedience and Happiness affect if an employee quits, Which means that the "+5 Happiness/-2 Obedience" effect is actually a trap that will make all your Employees quit.

The -20 Slut Side Effect is 100% Temporary, so feel free to use it. Performance one is the same way. The ones that reduces Happiness with exception of Mood Swings, is PERMANENT... So don't give people those...

On Character Creation, don't spend ANY points on Main Stats... You can increase all 3 stats in game by completing fairly easy Quests. After a few weeks you will EASILY max these 3 and then have a ton of points you're unable to spend. To make matters worse they cost 3 Skill Points each during Character Creation, 100% NOT WORTH IT!

Speaking of that on Character Creation, MAX OUT Foreplay... You can't even do anything but Kissing with the girls until you take off their panties, which means you're going to be Foreplaying A LOT... You could try letting her give you a BJ, but that just makes you cum fast and barely raises her arousal, which means you probably won't be able to take off her panties. (Note this advice is pointless in the late game when everyone is a slut anyways, but makes a huge difference in the early game.)
Thank you guys for these tips and tricks!! I'll try to follow them up and I'll see what I can do.. In fact, I'm not very good at the game, although I like a lot. Thank you again!!

madarapotato

Nov 6, 2017
the game tends to lag after crossing day 300
any fix?
i dont think i have any problems on the hardware side,having a i7,8gb ram and gtx1050ti.

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
the game tends to lag after crossing day 300
any fix?
i dont think i have any problems on the hardware side,having a i7,8gb ram and gtx1050ti.
take a look at the size of your save files. You've probably been generating quite the amount of data with created people and the engine is just bloated beyond what it's able to handle. I've got a RTX 2080 with i7-8700K and 64GB of ram running on SSD and it still takes forever.

Honestly, this probably should have been done in Unity or something, RenPy really can't handle it :(

Reactions: madarapotato

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016

I just realized this, I had an old employee still around that came and wanted a raise, and I realized because somehow her obedience was around the 70s (free spirit). I'd forgotten since I'd gotten the "hire with high obedience" policy.

If you stay on top of it, they're usually coming in with 90+ obedience from the get go and then doing the performance evaluations whenever they come up will get them into the safe zone of Obedience pretty quickly, to get them into the paycut/obedience/happiness loop. I'd just been ignoring it this playthrough. Obedience can be a hassle to raise in the early stages otherwise.

And the rest of this is gold, thanks, I hadn't even considered trying this (I just gave up and cheated for stats). This is even better because you don't have to play the sex minigame with the focus on getting more points as much.

Quick question: Nora is only good to get your research up to tier 2, right? I think I've been stagnating thinking she was a completely alternate route to progression when in reality she might only be for tier 2 or 3 (i forget) and after that, just alternative traits. You still need to go down the head researcher route. Is that right?

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
What would be really amazing would be a way to export your favorite girls back to a new game, since this thing invariably slows to a crawl and you have to start over. Oh well.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes