dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
New version is on patreon. Does anyone have changelog?
Vren said:
*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*

- Removed daily aspect price variability.

- Removed operating cost at serum tier 0, halved all other costs.

- Added HUD text showing opperating costs in addition to salary costs.

- Market reach gain has been increased by a factor of 5.

- Updated chat and sepcific actions list to support modder additions. Tidied up how those Actions are called. Append Actions to chat_actions or specific_actions after init -1 to have them appear in the appropriate chat column.

- Removed top two Attention reducing business policies (moved to City rep storyline events).

- Added one attention reducing business policy to city rep storyline. Unlocked by having high Love.

- Added one attention bleed increasing business policy. Unlocked with special trance tranining option.

- Added special uniform trance training option for city rep.

- Added multiple ways to avoid or lesson penalties levied when visited by city rep due to high Attention.

- Added early game event that has you discover several old doses of serum (based on LR1 designs)

- Added salon visit to the shopping date. Allows you to suggest new hair styles or colours to a girl.

- Added new random texting event.

- Added new office timed event.

- Added "current contracts" column to the contracts selection screen to make it easier to swap contracts.

- Added "view contracts" button to serum deisgn page to make it easier to design serums for specific contracts.

- Added ability to spend large amounts of Clarity to unlock new research tiers. Should speed up the early game in particular.

- Added opportunity to train girls if they're in a trance after you come back to their place (unless the event forces you to leave early).

- Lowered top end of contract aspect requirements slightly it easier (especially at low research tiers) to complete them.

- Manual synthesis side effect does not increase Flaw aspect now to match it's thematic description.

- Contract attention requirements now consider attention reducing business traits.

*BUG FIXES*

- Fixed bug in opinion trainables that was causing some menu options to be displayed when they were already known.

- Fixed crash when an attention event causes your inventory to be seized.

- Updated some incorrect tooltips.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
I think the current way to get money is too easy so I'll make it harder ...
Arf, customers whine, I'll make this easier ...

2 months lost, next try...
Still needs one more month at least to do a game balance review IMO. I can't at this point think of any mechanic that doesn't need a game balance review. and maybe even current story line reviews to drive those mechanics.

Last edited:

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Still needs one more month at least to do a game balance review IMO. I can't at this point think of any mechanic that doesn't need a game balance review. and maybe even current story line reviews to drive those mechanics.
Balancing is one thing and for sure it's needed but only can be done when all mechanics are present.

Here it's replacing a mechanic because the result seems bad by another that, finally, will produce the same result after a nerf.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Balancing is one thing and for sure it's needed but only can be done when all mechanics are present.

Here it's replacing a mechanic because the result seems bad by another that, finally, will produce the same result after a nerf.
Yes and no for that first sentence. Yes it is by far wisest and most efficient to only do the balance passes when all mechanics are in game and are how you want them or in any other project for that matter when only comes online when finished.

Then again this is a game that is being released in updates, which also means that in principle every update should be playable and working as intended, so you cannot really wait with balancing to end, it should be playable now even if it can always happen one or two updates go wrong. Secondly and this is not meant to piss at the dev, but just what his stated intentions were with this game, it is quite debatable if the mechanics of this game will ever be finished as such since one of the intentions of this project was playing around with those and learning of that and dev still seems to be in that phase after years of releases.

So yeah, in principle you are right and that is the thing to do, but with a project like this it would mean the bug fixing and balancing in practice would never happen and the game would slowly but surely start to buckle under its own weight as amount of bugs and imbalances multiplies over time. So better do the balancing now, unless the dev is planning to completely change it again in two or three updates.

Last edited:

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
New version doesn't let me change locations? Seems totally broken, what gives?
don't know, since I have vanilla versions since 44, and mods since same time period all the way to 48 and locations changes work in all versions up to 48,0 Care to clarify what version, and how you expect it to work, since it is different betwee mod and vanilla

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021

Don't know if you wait until the end, as you break the early part of the game.

Day 0 Goals, the way the balance in the game is currently you would never ever get that goal of spread your seed, and would never advance you sex skills, so why is it even offered as a goal on Day 0?? this snowballs into one of the more important Currencies early game, and that is Clarity. you can waste several game days cycling thru goals. to get to the one or 2 that are feasible early game to advance Clarity production. Especially as game time sensitive early game is to keep the business going,

I would even counter that the fresh new blood (if it isn't automatically achieved with Steph) is becoming a goal that should't be offered as a first goal.

Creating Contracts that can't be achieved no matter here you are in the game,

These are the game balance issues (bugs?)you resolve as the game is in development, precisely because as guides you as a new mechanic is added. We had already been complaining how grindy the game was becoming in early game, before 47, mostly because those systems mechanics where getting out of sync, Clarity was devaluing, Goals out of line to what is achieveable during game play etc. etc.

Not talking a full on final game balance. But first 6 months of the game mechanics should be far enough along, to do a game balance to figure out where the game starts to break down in mid and late game, (late game will always break down in an open ended game IMO, but try to make it playable as long as possible.)

1641348384478.png

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Can someone really explain me what is shocking in the fact that you can't answer to contracts in the early beginning of the game?

You start an industrial work and would since start be able to be the king of the world? I know it's not IRL but a game but there are limits and a minimum of "realism" (I don't like to use this word for games). In any case you have alway the solution to cheat, with console, with mods, ...

Continuing this way whynot consider you were able to answer contracts before creating you enterprise, or even were able to answer contracts before launching the game and in this case just start with 1 billion dollars.

No, really, people just want image-clickers and fucking games without any gameplay or effort.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can someone really explain me what is shocking in the fact that you can't answer to contracts in the early beginning of the game?

You start an industrial work and would since start be able to be the king of the world? I know it's not IRL but a game but there are limits and a minimum of "realism" (I don't like to use this word for games). In any case you have alway the solution to cheat, with console, with mods, ...

Continuing this way whynot consider you were able to answer contracts before creating you enterprise, or even were able to answer contracts before launching the game and in this case just start with 1 billion dollars.

No, really, people just want image-clickers and fucking games without any gameplay.
There is a difference between being unable to just survive game at start if get the wrong starting position with contracts and such since you do need them and right sex opinions on girls to progress, or are going to be in great trouble just surviving without really progressing for 4 months in game and being King of the World day one.

BOTH are bad game design though and as soon as we know how to pass it or beat it, leads just to save scumming and restarting until we get a favorable start position, whether we are talking an adult game, massive MMO, management game or a RPG. Which for some is already with this version and for most will be two versions from now max, artificially enhanced difficulty and unfair RNG (which is something else as harsh RNG) has never made a game more fun or difficult in the end whenknow the mechanic to beat the game especially if have to restart every new update.

There is a balance between payout and time investment that should work for most people to progress in a game, you should not be either very lucky or have every information possible about the game at your fingertips to just get through the start of a game ........ Git Gud always sounds nice, but if someone needs a walkthrough or even worse a guide or mod or great luck (where someone does not know why he even survived if were lucky) just to be able to survive start of the game, something is wrong. People have to be able to understand why they failed if did and how they can change that in a second run, without being shafted by bad RNG even if play perfect.

Now I personally think dev would be better of to develop more story and incentive with the girls to progress and base mechanics more of that as just entering mechanics to make it more difficult, but it is his project and he can do it as he wants to even if there are reasons why in any project even outside of software you design the mechanics around the goal and not other way around. :p. Things like suspicion should not even enter game first three months in game time, until the company has sold quite a bit of serums for example and also has positive payoffs with certain new characters possible as outcomes and not only negative ones and should not be implemented until the positives are in as well.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I agree with the fact the game would permit a more linear progression and that it is not the case for now.

But the method choosen don't seems the good one for me, nerfing a feature is rarely the solution. The previous version introduced the suspicion, the last one pratically remove the suspicion, ...

There are a lot of bad choices done (and I'm sure the fact to be forced to deliver something each month is the reason) but the worst is lack of documentation and information.

For example there were no precise information on the importance of the marketting service in 0.47, we switch from something with almost no interest to something that become mandatory without really information on this change so, evidently players continuing their gameplay like before were fucked.

Second, introducing contracts at start made everybody running on that and whinning. Such a feature would have been introduced far later in the game when player have a working industry with low gain and begin to search for new way to make money.

Upping a little the prices of the basic medical serums and having Alexia encounter on very firsts days was enough to solve the problem of the undoable start.

Reactions: jura7

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
No, really, people just want image-clickers and fucking games without any gameplay or effort.
Those people either should get of the comp and read a book or watch a show... or if they are bored internet addicts play a VN though.

There is actually quiet a market for games with gameplay, but since those require both intution, skill and risk takeing most Devs seem to go with the Basics (mostly VN style).

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
There is a difference between a contract that is difficult for a beginning player and one that is literally impossible to fulfil because there is no combination of traits that qualify, like a serum with sexual attributes but 0 attention. The latter is the situation we're attempting to get rectified

Feb 1, 2018
So here's a question: When are we able to manipulate someone age and mentality? Like, the mass majority of people you hire is around their 30's or 40's but rarely in their 20's. I would like to make my mother "younger" and feel less old. Or give my sister a cougar personality. You'd think by now, something like this would be a thing in this game but it's not. I mean, if you think about it, it is a great way to affect fertility without going the extra mile of giving the fertile drugs because they will be naturally fertile. Or infertile if you make the older.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
There is a difference between a contract that is difficult for a beginning player and one that is literally impossible to fulfil because there is no combination of traits that qualify, like a serum with sexual attributes but 0 attention. The latter is the situation we're attempting to get rectified
Yes, some are impossible to fulfil at start, and as I said contracts feature may not be present at all, at start, like you can't fuck you mother, at start, like you can't give your sister a 5 turns serum, at start, .......

It would be unlocked with a policy, like many things in the game.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Yes, some are impossible to fulfil at start, and as I said contracts feature may not be present at all, at start, like you can't fuck you mother, at start, like you can't give your sister a 5 turns serum, at start, .......

It would be unlocked with a policy, like many things in the game.
No, you're not getting it and I'm beginning to suspect you're being intentionally obtuse. We're not whingeing that it's "too hard" at the start. I personally feel the game is quite easy, even the clarity mechanic. But by current game mechanics, which you can see by examining the code like we have, contracts are generating that are impossible - not "hard" - they're completely undoable no matter what level of research and production you have. That needs to be fixed

ecksdude

Apr 24, 2020
So I download the game, no mods added at all, start it up per normal, skip the intro. Very first thing I'm supposed to go to the lobby in the office.

I click on the lobby, it changes color, but doesn't take me there. Same thing with every other location on the "map". I can't leave the initial MC bedroom.

i.e. nothing works?

Am I the only one with this issue?

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
So I download the game, no mods added at all, start it up per normal, skip the intro. Very first thing I'm supposed to go to the lobby in the office.

I click on the lobby, it changes color, but doesn't take me there. Same thing with every other location on the "map". I can't leave the initial MC bedroom.

i.e. nothing works?

Am I the only one with this issue?
It doesn't work like in the mod. You have to choose the location then click the Return button at the bottom of the screen

Reactions: gregers
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes