zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Sorry, that was me. I added VrenGames to the community edition project in case they come back and want to take over (or shut it down). As of right now it's mostly spelling fixes and some features backported from the Live2D version.
Huh, have you considered joining the Mod discord to work with the existing LR2 community?

We were wondering what you were up to. I myself was added without any contact to this new repository of yours.

Do think v0.51.1 is probably the best place to move forward from.

LR2MOD maintains an unofficial bugfix of the Vanilla project as well the mod. Some discussion on the Discord on how to proceed now that the game has been declared abandoned but not eager to jump the gun in case Vren pops back up.

Next release of the Mod is well underway with considerable new content.

Reactions: Raren and Humlebien

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
On the other hand, there are still players who play the vanilla version with only necessary fixes and personal edits instead of all the cruft in the unofficial "bugfix" solely meant for the The Mod's benefit. And since this is the vanilla thread, that's all I'll say about that

renpy_guy feel free to do what you want with what Vren has made available on your own if you wish to. Don't feel pressured into joining anything unless that's your jam. You might want to look into not adding people w/o contacting them though. I too had a 'bwuh' moment there lol

I have been considering posting a compilation of minimal fixes in a fanpatch of sorts here, for those who still play the vanilla game or newly discover it. If I get really ambitious, I might even do more than that but let's not get ahead of myself. I am still slowly slogging through the events guide I promised a week or so back. Work has been hell lately >_<

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
On the other hand, there are still players who play the vanilla version with only necessary fixes and personal edits instead of all the cruft in the unofficial "bugfix" solely meant for the The Mod's benefit. And since this is the vanilla thread, that's all I'll say about that

renpy_guy feel free to do what you want with what Vren has made available on your own if you wish to. Don't feel pressured into joining anything unless that's your jam. You might want to look into not adding people w/o contacting them though. I too had a 'bwuh' moment there lol

I have been considering posting a compilation of minimal fixes in a fanpatch of sorts here, for those who still play the vanilla game or newly discover it. If I get really ambitious, I might even do more than that but let's not get ahead of myself. I am still slowly slogging through the events guide I promised a week or so back. Work has been hell lately >_<
Huh, I was taking the fact that he named it Community Edition as a hint that he wanted to work with a community. His invites also seemed to imply that.

I was trying to be helpful by connecting with the community that's grown up around LR2, that Vren himself actually joined (before ghosting after his discouraging Live2D attempt).

But by all means, not trying to pressure anyone. I would think a CE would want to carry the project forward rather than minimal fixes, but whatever people want to do is fine by me.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Yeah, that's cool man. It's just that every time anyone talks about anything modding-adjacent one of you is in here all, "have you heard about our Lord and Savior?!" and some of them seem to think nobody in their right mind plays vanilla. I just feel like there needs to be a voice for the vanilla players by choice, and someone to say everyone can contribute in their own way independently if they want to. If he wants to join The Mod, that's great. More power to him and you

Like I've said before, I owe my start in modding to The Mod so it's not like I hate it or think it's objectively bad. I've just moved on because my tastes are different from the writing in it and I like to play a stable game

Reactions: lewdman89

CuriousWonder

Nov 29, 2022
Yeah, that's cool man. It's just that every time anyone talks about anything modding-adjacent one of you is in here all, "have you heard about our Lord and Savior?!" and some of them seem to think nobody in their right mind plays vanilla. I just feel like there needs to be a voice for the vanilla players by choice, and someone to say everyone can contribute in their own way independently if they want to. If he wants to join The Mod, that's great. More power to him and you

Like I've said before, I owe my start in modding to The Mod so it's not like I hate it or think it's objectively bad. I've just moved on because my tastes are different from the writing in it and I like to play a stable game
Yeah. Like honestly, I only checked the mod out because I noticed the content was thinning out in the vanilla version so I checked out what the mid was like but had their been an update I would go back to vanilla

Reactions: dalzomo

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020

Not liking the mod story content, I can absolutely understand.

But, when I tried playing vanilla again a while back, I quickly found that all the extra clicks and general lack of quality of life improvements were just too tedious.

Like for example when changing location. Vanilla can't make a wild guess, why I did that. No, I absolutely must click on Return to confirm that I didn't change location for no reason at all, every time.

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
According the patreon page , the next updat will be released end off the month for subscribers , when can we expected to be here than ?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Not liking the mod story content, I can absolutely understand.

But, when I tried playing vanilla again a while back, I quickly found that all the extra clicks and general lack of quality of life improvements were just too tedious.

Like for example when changing location. Vanilla can't make a wild guess, why I did that. No, I absolutely must click on Return to confirm that I didn't change location for no reason at all, every time.
This is the thread of the base game which is why the mod discussion and advice about it has no place here. This is mostly about courtesy(netiquette if you will) and topic and less about being better/worse etc. People enter a topic usually based on the topic description. It is very much like someone suggesting something that only exists in an AMG modded Mercedes when someone asks about how to do it in their base version of a Mercedes. Two vastly different topics and not helpful in the context of a base version owner ;)

When people answer in a way that only works in a modded version it actually doesnt help but adds to the confusion for the one that asked in the first place. If one really must mention mods then it should be in the style of : base version answer (if not possible add mod ability and name/link to mod afterwards that is actually distinguishable from the base answer). There is a good reason that Mods and their features are supposed to be discussed in their own thread.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
This is the thread of the base game which is why the mod discussion and advice about it has no place here. This is mostly about courtesy(netiquette if you will) and topic and less about being better/worse etc. People enter a topic usually based on the topic description. It is very much like someone suggesting something that only exists in an AMG modded Mercedes when someone asks about how to do it in their base version of a Mercedes. Two vastly different topics and not helpful in the context of a base version owner ;)

When people answer in a way that only works in a modded version it actually doesnt help but adds to the confusion for the one that asked in the first place. If one really must mention mods then it should be in the style of : base version answer (if not possible add mod ability and name/link to mod afterwards that is actually distinguishable from the base answer). There is a good reason that Mods and their features are supposed to be discussed in their own thread.
I only pointed out what I don't like about the vanilla game.

Maybe your thoughts, about what belongs or not, is the actual off topic?

Sorath

Jan 11, 2023
i wonder if the dev is dead for real, this is so weird even after the milfy city shit and all that this is something strange, if he's ukranian maybe he dead or something is there any way to know if he's alive?

MeMiniMe

Aug 1, 2017
i wonder if the dev is dead for real, this is so weird even after the milfy city shit and all that this is something strange, if he's ukranian maybe he dead or something is there any way to know if he's alive?
Yeah it's not looking good, the guy never missed a month without a heads up in 5 years or something.

Ferroist

Feb 1, 2019
Vren showed activity on Gitgud first March.
He joined

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Vren showed activity on Gitgud first March.
He joined
That wasn't Vren that is another person you can see that if you go back through comments on here.
4 months ago was his last update.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes