• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.90 star(s) 131 Votes

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
I don't understand why do you have to answer with sarcasm whoever asks about update or says "waiting". Is it new meta? Those people are mostly new users. I think you guys should be more understanding. You can simply ignore them since these conversations are not related with game topic. I am having mass troll alerts.

Reactions: Jack_Sparrow_Pirate

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I don't see any malice in a little light-hearted joke. And this was a really good one.

I would have a good laugh if someone joked about what I've been writing. I hope someone does :winkytongue:

Reactions: UncleVT

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I don't understand why do you have to answer with sarcasm whoever asks about update or says "waiting". Is it new meta? Those people are mostly new users. I think you guys should be more understanding. You can simply ignore them since these conversations are not related with game topic. I am having mass troll alerts.
And these "new" members who mostly lurk a year in the shadows, have no skills to use full sentences. These guys always bark in the threads (Update?????, Walkthrough????!!, etc.etc.etc.).

Reactions: UncleVT

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
When with in the last page it is mentioned we need to wait for someone to drop a link here (donor) and people keep asking as if it would come here immediately. That is why the sarcasm is used. it gets tiring and though unwarranted mostly deserved as these people say one word and don't read anything and it keeps happening over and over again. Though the one that said "new update?" might have been asking was there an update i missed? or something but again it normally is someone asking where is my free stuff posted here that I don't want to spend money on. It also could not hurt others to at least use a sentence that makes their intention clear and not questioned.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
And these "new" members who mostly lurk a year in the shadows, have no skills to use full sentences. These guys always bark in the threads (Update?????, Walkthrough????!!, etc.etc.etc.).
There could be a language barrier, you know. But you're right, a little more effort would be nice. Three or four word sentences instead of a single word for example :biggrin:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
There could be a language barrier, you know.
Maybe, but you know, english isn't my first language too. Nobody would expect a wall of text, but a sentence like:
"Hey Guys, i'm pretty new here, when did this game get updates?" shouldn't be to hard, right?!

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Maybe, but you know, english isn't my first language too.
Neither is mine.
Nobody would expect a wall of text, but a sentence like:
"Hey Guys, i'm pretty new here, when did this game get updates?" shouldn't be to hard, right?!
Yep. That would be nice. Doesn't even have to be that long.
Using some common sense to find the info by themselves from the OP or Patreon page or learning to use thread search would be even nicer, IMHO.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Neither is mine.

Yep. That would be nice. Doesn't even have to be that long.
Using some common sense to find the info by themselves from the OP or Patreon page or learning to use thread search would be even nicer, IMHO.
English is my primary language and it grates on me when people do this.... a simple sentence that conveys intent is easy... for instance: "any word on the update?" much better than "update?"

Reactions: Penfold Mole

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Hi,

as the one that kind of started it on the last page let me put it that way:

Courtesy and adherence to Netiquette know no language - and no language barrier. It is a mindset, not a language skill.

Just the opposite - in this day of Google translate that even knows how to translate kinda exotic languages such as Kisuaheli, Boer or Maori I consider it extremely rude to come on here (or any other board) and expect to have your demands served in an instant.

FFS (pardon my French) at least use a coherent statement that allows us to know what the freck you actually want?!

I‘ve long passed the point of no return in expecting people to say 'Hi' or 'please', be polite or say 'thanks' once they've gotten what they wanted so they can keep on wanking but - see above....

Getting off of my soapbox now - thanks for hearing me out and bearing w/ me.

3.90 star(s) 131 Votes